Leg development

MrPerfect

MuscleChemistry Guru
over the years , ive found that being the taller bodybuilder is a hard thing.

i can seem to add mass everwhere except to my inner thighs, and when i do its a BITCH to keep it due to cardio and other activities.

any suggestions or ideas on how to help the taller guys out?

I've been doing the adductor exercise machine like mad. That has helped me gain a lot.

^^ same for me as Sauds that has helped me as well, they are hard to build and damn sure hard to keep. Im glad im barely under 5'10 ever since i got into bodybuilding ive been pretty happy im semi short lol.

So funny to hear you guys say this... I always hear people (especially "hardcore badasses") talking shit about the adductor machines. I use them every other leg day or so and I feel it so I've always ignored the negative comments. Good to know though!

^ ^ ^ lol, I've heard others call them that, too. I always have to laugh at the more overweight women who get on that machine and think it's going to melt their fat off. They only end up getting thicker legs and wonder why they still don't fit in their jeans yet.

6fter here... Thanks for this reminder on those adductor/abb machines. I had started doing them at one point and never kept up.. Dam.. I need to find a gym that has it because my gym hasnt.

I have stuck to the staple of regular barbell exercises and totally under estimated the added dimension that adds and abd can give to legs..

I call them that now too because I heard you call them that and though it was funny. Which is which though. Is good girl, abductor, or adductor?

Ha i guess thats a personal call i consider abduction the good girl :)

I've seen that with all of my tall bodybuilder friends. I knew onw guy who through the use of incredible amounts of everything was able to hit 300 fairly lean at 6'1 with great thighs.... every contest they would shrivel up to shit though!! Perhaps since the quad is such a huge muscle, the combination of weights with sometimes twice daily cardio on limited calories is too much.

Back