Mitchell Hooper Shares His First Workout Post 2023 World’s Strongest Man Victory

Muscle Insider

Mitchell Hooper is definitely a standout in the world of strength sports. The man is an absolute beast, standing at around an impressive 6’4? and weighing in at a whopping 330 pounds. But it’s not just his size that’s impressive; his strength and power are simply awe-inspiring. Watching him perform feats of strength that would leave most people struggling just to lift the weights he warms up with is a sight to behold. This was displayed at the 2023 World’s Strongest Man competition, as Hooper dominated the events and won the title. Despite putting up tremendous efforts for multiple days, Mitchell has immediately focused on his next goals. Thus, he has already completed his first training session post competition and shared it on his YouTube channel.
As Mitchell Hooper began his first workout back after four days of intense competition, he did not want to overload himself. He decided to perform a bodybuilding style workout in order to get the blood flowing through the body in order to achieve his goal.
“We’re going to hit a bodybuilding workout. My philosophy is, if a muscle is sore, going and doing training at a lower intensity is useful. Now, I actually don’t feel sore, so I might be able to workout a bit harder than I usually would.”
So, after searching for a gym in Myrtle Beach, Mitchell Hooper stumbled upon the “Pump House”. This gym is also owned by Wayne Van Nostrand, a multiple powerlifting bench press World Record holder. Mitchell was inspired by Wayne and opted for the bench press as his first exercise of the day.
Mitchell Hooper began with one plate on each side of the barbell, and continued adding a plate with each set. Once he reached 315 pounds, Mitchell decided to stick with it and complete a set of 15 reps. He then followed it up with another 15-rep set with 225 pounds.
“I feel good. My muscular endurance is terrible though. I can already feel some fatigue setting in during that.”

In addition, Mitchell Hooper was delighted to find a Standing Bench Press machine, as a similar event will be featured in the 2023 Shaw Classic later this summer. So, he utilized this workout to get used to the machine. When asked how he felt after a few sets on it, this was his reply.
“Weird, really weird. I am getting a severe pump at the moment, big time pump… It is easier (than the regular bench), but I am just so fatigued.”
Mitchell Hooper then moved onto the lat pulldown machine to perform some reps as well. However, while performing one of the sets, his eyes wandered to a guy trying to max out his deadlift on the other side of the gym. So, as the current World’s Strongest Man, Hooper completed the set and went straight over to give a few tips to a fellow gym-goer.
Mitchell Hooper continued his workout with some light lateral raises, triceps extensions, and machine biceps curls. However, he completed a substantial amount of reps in order to get a nice pump.
“It is funny, you almost feel like you are in and out without doing anything. But, biceps are pumped, chest will be sore, triceps will be sore, objective achieved.”
Mitchell Hooper’s Workout

Bench Press
Standing Bench Press
Lat Pulldown
Lateral Raises
Cable Triceps Extensions
Machine Biceps Curls

Watch the video here:

Related: Strongman Mitchell Hooper Sets a 420-kg (925.9-lb) Raw Deadlift PR In Training
During this year alone, Mitchell Hooper has competed three times and won each competition. Most importantly, that includes two of the biggest events in Strongman, World’s Strongest Man, and Arnold Strongman Classic. Overall, during his short career, Hooper has taken part in 10 International competitions and won five of them. In addition, he became the first WSM winner from Canada.
Mitchell Hooper still has big plans for this year, which include the 2023 Shaw Classic and the 2023 Rogue Invitationals. He has stated that he still can’t fathom that his victory at the 2023 WSM was real and not a dream. However, once everything settles, Hooper’s confidence will skyrocket, which will make him an even fiercer competitor.
Discover comprehensive coverage of the 2023 World’s Strongest Man competition at our WSM coverage hub, featuring exclusive interviews, final results, event recaps and in-depth analysis: FitnessVolt.com/wsm
Published: 26 April, 2023 | 11:15 AM EDT

Mitchell-Hooper-workout.jpg
Mitchell Hooper is definitely a standout in the world of strength sports. The man is an absolute beast, standing at around an impressive 6’4? and weighing in at a whopping 330 pounds. But it’s not just his size that’s impressive; his strength and power are simply awe-inspiring. Watching him perform feats of strength that would leave most people struggling just to lift the weights he warms up with is a sight to behold. This was displayed at the 2023 World’s Strongest Man competition, as Hooper dominated the events and won the title. Despite putting up tremendous efforts for multiple days, Mitchell has immediately focused on his next goals. Thus, he has already completed his first training session post competition and shared it on his YouTube channel.

As Mitchell Hooper began his first workout back after four days of intense competition, he did not want to overload himself. He decided to perform a bodybuilding style workout in order to get the blood flowing through the body in order to achieve his goal.

“We’re going to hit a bodybuilding workout. My philosophy is, if a muscle is sore, going and doing training at a lower intensity is useful. Now, I actually don’t feel sore, so I might be able to workout a bit harder than I usually would.”

[/quote]
So, after searching for a gym in Myrtle Beach, Mitchell Hooper stumbled upon the “Pump House”. This gym is also owned by Wayne Van Nostrand, a multiple powerlifting bench press World Record holder. Mitchell was inspired by Wayne and opted for the bench press as his first exercise of the day.

Mitchell Hooper began with one plate on each side of the barbell, and continued adding a plate with each set. Once he reached 315 pounds, Mitchell decided to stick with it and complete a set of 15 reps. He then followed it up with another 15-rep set with 225 pounds.

“I feel good. My muscular endurance is terrible though. I can already feel some fatigue setting in during that.”

[/quote]

In addition, Mitchell Hooper was delighted to find a Standing Bench Press machine, as a similar event will be featured in the 2023 Shaw Classic later this summer. So, he utilized this workout to get used to the machine. When asked how he felt after a few sets on it, this was his reply.

“Weird, really weird. I am getting a severe pump at the moment, big time pump… It is easier (than the regular bench), but I am just so fatigued.”

[/quote]
Mitchell Hooper then moved onto the lat pulldown machine to perform some reps as well. However, while performing one of the sets, his eyes wandered to a guy trying to max out his deadlift on the other side of the gym. So, as the current World’s Strongest Man, Hooper completed the set and went straight over to give a few tips to a fellow gym-goer.

Mitchell Hooper continued his workout with some light lateral raises, triceps extensions, and machine biceps curls. However, he completed a substantial amount of reps in order to get a nice pump.

“It is funny, you almost feel like you are in and out without doing anything. But, biceps are pumped, chest will be sore, triceps will be sore, objective achieved.”

[/quote]
Mitchell Hooper’s Workout
  • Bench Press
  • Standing Bench Press
  • Lat Pulldown
  • Lateral Raises
  • Cable Triceps Extensions
  • Machine Biceps Curls
Watch the video here:

Related: Strongman Mitchell Hooper Sets a 420-kg (925.9-lb) Raw Deadlift PR In Training

During this year alone, Mitchell Hooper has competed three times and won each competition. Most importantly, that includes two of the biggest events in Strongman, World’s Strongest Man, and Arnold Strongman Classic. Overall, during his short career, Hooper has taken part in 10 International competitions and won five of them. In addition, he became the first WSM winner from Canada.

Mitchell Hooper still has big plans for this year, which include the 2023 Shaw Classic and the 2023 Rogue Invitationals. He has stated that he still can’t fathom that his victory at the 2023 WSM was real and not a dream. However, once everything settles, Hooper’s confidence will skyrocket, which will make him an even fiercer competitor.

Discover comprehensive coverage of the 2023 World’s Strongest Man competition at our WSM coverage hub, featuring exclusive interviews, final results, event recaps and in-depth analysis: FitnessVolt.com/wsm

Published: 26 April, 2023 | 11:15 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back