New here... need some help!

We will most certainly need to increase your weights in all lifts!
Instead of going for time your workouts will start to look something like this:

Leg Press 3 sets x 12 reps x 75 lbs
Barbell Squats 3 sets x 10/12 reps x 90 lbs

WOW, 75lb and 90 lb???? that's like 3/4 of my weight! lol

Should I try to go to that much weight right away? If not, how much should I try lifting now? And what exersizes should I do at the gym?

That was just an example-A good way to find out is go to the gym with a book and for each exercise pick a weight which you can get 12 reps on. That will be your starting weight-Once you have done that note the results here(for all exercises you wish to perform) and we can come up with a good routine for you!

I'm trying to plan out my workout for heavy weights... how is this? I'm planning on doing 3 sets 12 reps of each exersize (is that right?). I'm mostly going to use the dumbells since I don't have a lot of experiance with machine.

BICEPS
dumbell curls

TRICEPS
Kickbacks
Overhead Triceps

BACK
Deadlifts
Rows

LEGS
squats
launges

CHEST
chest flies
bench press

SHOULDERS
dumbell press
side raises
Front raises

ABS
??? If you could give me some exercises that I can do for abs that would be great.

Would remove 1 of the shoulder exercises and add 1 more chest-maybe incline presses.

Abs-Crunches with feet up on bench, swiss ball crunches, rollouts, hanging leg raises

how often should I do those exercises? I was thinking of splitting that into 2 workouts, so taht would equal to training each body part once a week is that enough?

Here's the plan:
M-biceps, tricepsm back, abs
T-cardio
W-legs, chest, shoulders, abs
R-cardio
F-total body endurance (high rep low weight)
S-cardio
S-rest

How does that look?

I would replace Friday with a weight workout-You are doing PLENTY of cardio and a full body endurance workout is just another name for cardio.

Back