over 40 and still killing it

See pic below. 43 yrs old. 5'10" - 186#'s 10.9% bf
that was from the other day, just took pre-workout and had not started moving weight yet. Been lifting consistantly for 8 months (before that off and on...mostly off for 5 years..LOL)

Attachments

• 10-31-13a.jpg
    10-31-13a.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
See pic below. 43 yrs old. 5'10" - 186#'s 10.9% bf
that was from the other day, just took pre-workout and had not started moving weight yet. Been lifting consistantly for 8 months (before that off and on...mostly off for 5 years..LOL)
when i grow up i want to look like that..lol..looking good bro

Almost 41..Started lifting again 2 years ago. Put on 25 lean lbs. I do a 2 day on, one day off split like its the air I breathe!!! Feel 25 yrs old most of the time, except for that first damn hour every morning!!! Ugghh!!!
:drooling:

Almost 41..Started lifting again 2 years ago. Put on 25 lean lbs. I do a 2 day on, one day off split like its the air I breathe!!! Feel 25 yrs old most of the time, except for that first damn hour every morning!!! Ugghh!!!
:drooling:

thats my favorite split, 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off, basically wednesday and sat and sunday off, grew the most with that split!

Yeah, I spent 52 weeks doin' 3 days on, 1 day off. Grew leaps and bounds, but was way overtrained. Making much better gains now. Rest and recuperation are soooooo important.
Think I've hit a plateau. Cant eat like I did when younger. Just threw a Dbol kicker in mid-cycle. Anyone else have a problem getting calories in??
Anything to help....Thanks

I'm pushing 40. And I finally got in my head to lift smarter. This is the only way I'm going to be able to stay in the gym and not having so many injuries. Right now I'm around 250-255 at 6'2''. And if I can still hit it hard 4 days a week I'm will be happy.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

thats my favorite split, 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off, basically wednesday and sat and sunday off, grew the most with that split!

I started that split today. Today was the first time in about 2 years that I had a good workout partner. And I have a good muscle sore.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Only dream to be hitting it hard and looking like that when I turn 40!! Just hit 30 and feel like shit from time to time! Years of powerlifting will add some years lol.. Looking good bro keep up the hard work!

Hey guys. You can make great gains while you are in your 40's. From what I am seeing on this board, the majority of the members are in their 30's. My dad once told me that wherever you are in the age spectrum, everyone 10yrs older than you is old, and everyone 10yrs younger than you is young. When you hit 50 the 40 year old guys will seem young to you. A 50 year old seems young to me. I find this to be very true.

Yeah, I spent 52 weeks doin' 3 days on, 1 day off. Grew leaps and bounds, but was way overtrained. Making much better gains now. Rest and recuperation are soooooo important.
Think I've hit a plateau. Cant eat like I did when younger. Just threw a Dbol kicker in mid-cycle. Anyone else have a problem getting calories in??
Anything to help....Thanks

You have to force feed. lol When I get serious with diet I eat at least 5 times a day. VERY CLEAN. Chicken, turkey, brown
rice , yams and some veg. It feels like Im stuffing it in my face and forcing it down. I feel like a fat pig stuffing his face but
I will grow and lean out at the same time. It is hard for me to stay that strict for long though. Yeah, force feed is all I can
tell you .lol

Back