rationale behind sh*t load

zilla said:

I only really post on ********* and a little on varix (occasionally on bolex or promuscle).
zilla

I didn't want Badham to have hardon so I editted the site. You know how temperaMENTAL he can get. lol

Skip

Skip said:
I didn't want Badham to have hardon so I editted the site. You know how temperaMENTAL he can get. lol

Skip

LOL
less mental than some other admins....
heheheee

but thanks anyways--- I will return your message.
Z

zilla said:
LOL
less mental than some other admins....
heheheee

Z

Good point.

Hell, I piss off admin at bolex at least once a month these days and I am not real sure how I do it. He PMd me all pissed off about a month ago and I still don't know why. lol

Badham is a good guy. It is just that he seems to get really pissed when his site is mentioned on other boards. *shrug*

You have mail.

Skip

Hi after looking around i think im begining to understand what you are talking about. When you state to sodium drawing water into the muscles im assuming youre referring to the soidum potassium transport pump, in that after carb/sodium depleting poor soidum levels would hinder the sod/pot pump and hinder glucose transport across the menbrane. So this method allows for a efficient carb up as the sodium passes into the cells drawing with it glucose and water. And the intake of no water further potentiates the effect as water extracel water (or whats left) is drawn within the cell. O.k. now my question is what if a person does a traditional carbup and sodium deplete over 2 days say thurs and frid, and lets say his prejudgeging is on sat 5pm. The problem here is that if a shitload is incorporated on sat the muscles arent in a extreme carb depleted state. So how would one time this, if done in the morning lets say 7 or 8 am would spill over occur if the person has manipulted sodium + water succesfully during the week and is dry on saturday morning. However if shit load done too late the risk here is bloated stomach from food. What would you advise.
Additionally another question i have is the use of vit c many people advise the use of 10g, my question is is this dosage taken evenly throughout the day or taken all at once?
Also i would like to know a little more on that technique you were talking about were you elevated your bed on the night before the show to keep ANF release and help inhibit aldosterone levels. How high did you have you bed elevated?
Laslty if i dropped sodium on thursday should i notice more urination on a thurs night or friday night? As last time i dropped sodium on wednesday (which was too early) and urinated like hell and most on wednesday night, but started to spill over from thusrday onwards becuae of a variety of factors including flu virus. So by knowing what my urination should be like on the second day of the sodium drop i have a better understanding of whether my body is starting negative feedback and producing hormones such as aldosterone. ANy help on any of these questions would be appreciated thanks!

Most of your questions are directed at specific things that were stated by either zilla or nunculus so I am only going to respond to the aldosterone question: Aldactone works so well because it is relatively mild AND it controls aldosterone. This was just stated on another board and is very accurate - aldactone really isn't the same as a normal diuretic in that it doesn't strip water. It supresses aldosterone levels which inturn doesn't allow the reabsorption of sodium, thus, your body rids itself of water but only INDIRECTLY or as, basically, a side effect.

nunculus and I differ on only a few things and one is that he doesn't use pharm. diuretics so he still has to have a plan to keep aldosterone levels under control (which he seems to have a very good handle on). I, on the other hand, prefer to use aldactone to do the same thing. I think the aldactone is a bit more 'safe' as far as controlling aldosterone levels but, again, it is a matter of opinion. He and I have used both concepts successfully. The question is probably which one is more failsafe?

Also, your hypothetical about loading first and then shitloading on the day of the show is easily answered, at least in my own personal experience. I used this exact approach and exceeded 2100g of carbs between the start of my carb up on wednesday and the stage for prejudging. I did not 'spill over' at all and was dialed in as tight as I have ever been, to date. Of course, you KNOW I am not a proponent of 'spillover', either. hehe I won't get into that right now as I don't want to hijack the post with a 3 page ramble.

Skip

would 3 days be enough depletion on zero carbs if you very lean by tuesday?assuming the show is on saturday. please a quick reponse as iam doing the australian grand prix in 6 days.

thankyou luke wood, professional bodybuilder

Last edited:
3-4 days

Most people who I have seen use this method, including myself, will carb deplete for 3-4 days. I'm sure that you know your body and how it reacts to different things, but going to zero carbs for three days is not normally recommended. Having a few carbs in there ~25-35g/day even on the carb deplete days is not a bad thing especially if they are low GI carbs like green leafy veggies or broccoli. Good luck!

Last edited:
Don't you mean low GI carbs when you're refering to leafy veggies and broccolli? High GI would be sugar and cause a rapid increase in insulin levels.

what your saying the albumin is what draws water from the third space. Why would someone have that much water retained in thier body? There would have a reason for retaining water. the body has its own system . Sweating and excretion to get rid of the bodies waste.The more water you drink the more it flushes the system of the salt. Its like a syphon.Can you drink to much water? Water is what keeps the body functioning dehydration shuts it down. I have never heard of carb spill over? Is that like storing fat but if you eat to much protien thats stored fat also right? so anything not used or burned becomes stored fat. There are 2 kinds of fat right? What happens if there is dehydration and no carbs does the body still hold sodium? What would cause that?

When are you guys depleting the sodium? And is it only being reintroduced once the shit loading starts? Until that point it's just huge water intake but low sodium?

I'm thinking carb deplete starting Monday with huge water intake, lowered sodium intake. Sodium gets brought back in with the shit loading, which starts after the water is cut.

proud13 said:
It is possible to drink to much water I forget the medical term for it though.
Yes, it's called hypernatremia.

I'm using the shitload for my upcoming show, so I'm bumping this incredible thread up to the top...where it belongs. So much great info on this thread!!!

Pharm Animal said:
Yes, it's called hypernatremia.

I'm using the shitload for my upcoming show, so I'm bumping this incredible thread up to the top...where it belongs. So much great info on this thread!!!

How far away is your show?

see this is very interesting to me. ive heard alot about this for the past few years but dont know enough to try it and have been scared to.

can anyone lay out what a final week of prep would look like in regards to :
1) water intake , loading and dropping
2)carb depletion
3)sodium manipulation

i got a few answers but they were all over the place. id like to see just one post that lists it all. i will be about 230lbs for my next show.

and Skip in regards to the aldactone post. is what your saying is aldactone just doesnt let the reabsorption of sodium back into the body so you cant hold water right? so it doesnt actually make you rid water directly. i repeated what you said but im just tryign to get this right. thanx all you guys.

Back