Smart Fats. . .

da_Fonz

Banana
There are good fats and there ar ebad fats, and those who want premium bodies should make a clear distinction between the two.

A BB who holds 15% bodyfat, carries about 12% of his fat as energy and the other 3% is essentail bodyfat that acts like insulation and cushioning to vital organs. If you see someone who says that they are below 3% its strictly hype and NOT TRUE. I have been below 5% and ended up very ill while trying to stay at this BF for an extended period of time.

Essential Fats:
Food fats and oils are comprised of fattty acids. As it implies it contains some fat and some acid. The fat is made up of different carbon chains.

Saturated fats like the name implies, have all there carbon atoms saturated so that can contain no more carbon. UNsaturated fats have spaces where the atoms are missing. The spaces link up with molecules in the body which in turn make them biologicaly active. IN contrast, saturated fats have no empty links and are inert. So to achieve you goal to be as lean as possible you need to avoid saturated fats, BUT NOT all fats.

Different Sources of Healthy Fats:

-Fish Oils
-Olive Oil
-FLaxseed Oil (contain Linoleic & Linolenic)
-Borage Oil & Evening Primrose Oil (which contain GLA)
-Hemp Oil
-MCT

There is only 1 rule that I suggest for consuming Healthy Fats and that is do not consumne them post workout. Because dietary fats slow down gastric emptying which means your food is digested slowly and PWO you want them to be digested as quickly as possible.

No worries, I'll be making threads like this every week. Nutrition is my strentgh so I'll be posting info like this to educate and inform.

da_Fonz said:
No worries, I'll be making threads like this every week.

:confused: lmao, just kidding with the "where they at" smiley face,lmao, good read and worth a bump of snow

nobody likes a smartass Presser, lol. I've been busy with my damn classes since you wouldnt read my books for me and tell me about them, lol

dont lie, i offered to read them and write the damn papers, your the one who didnt trust me

sure I want the tip first ad it had better be a good one damnit

please guys dont let presser do your work,it just makes more work for me..then i have to teach him to read and write and all that...it took me damn near 5 months to teach him a dr.sues book

Great post fonz.......Fats play a significant role in total health and can make a diet so much more effective than the low fat diets.

Fats have helped me control hyperglycemia and hypercortisolism. They make dieting and remaining lean a whole lot easier

CYPHON said:
Great post fonz.......Fats play a significant role in total health and can make a diet so much more effective than the low fat diets.

Fats have helped me control hyperglycemia and hypercortisolism. They make dieting and remaining lean a whole lot easier
who asked you???

THX, Cy. I make it a point to take in healthy fats all the time and exp during cutting. Hell i take in 150grams of fat during cutting to keep my caloric intake where i want it.

Good post bro'

I think that these healthy fats were a little short in my quick cut diet and that's why I crashed at the end.. That and I had too little carbs too' Thanks for the posts bro' Very helpful, informative and a good reminder.

Back