So I am keeping a Diet Journal Now!

Presser

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I just started keeping a diet journal again, I havent done this since I competed. But figured it was a good way to help me get backinto the swing of things!

And it might just help me realy stick to this diet. I know I got way out of shape from being out of the gym most of the year since last March,However I am pretty sure even if I just dieted down real hard and didnt even lift another weight i think i would still look pretty damn good, as I know i have plenty of muscle sitting under all this fat i gained sitting around, so with that being said i think it will realy help keeping the diet journal on top of hitting the weight pretty good!

We shall see!

Anyone else keep a diet journal, i know most guys who do it, did it leading up to their shows so they know what they ate that day and how their body responded ect, so you have soemthing to look back at and no what works and what doesnt

but i think it can be effective for just getting back into tip top shape, no shows in my future, my knees told me so years ago,lol

Keeping a journal in anything you want progress in is very beneficial. When I want my abs out for summer , I write everything down I shove in the pie hole. Add it all up and see exactly what I am eating. I tell everyone to do this too but people being lazy do not.

Keeping a journal in anything you want progress in is very beneficial. When I want my abs out for summer , I write everything down I shove in the pie hole. Add it all up and see exactly what I am eating. I tell everyone to do this too but people being lazy do not.

Yep I couldnt agree more brutha, it worked well for me before so im hoping it helps me now. Its been a long time since i used a journal, then again its been a long time since i been super shredded which is what im aiming for. I would love to get down around 260lbs , I actualy think I could even lose a little more weight and maybe get down to 250, i think I would look good at that weight.

I couldnt stand dieting before for a show, I wasnt one of those guys who do it with no problem, I was a miserable prick to be around. I envy the guys on here who say its a piece of cake!

Yeah a diet journal has for been a source of accountability for me. I've never competed, but I've always considered myself to be my stiffest competition. If I can satisfy my biggest critic then I consider that a victory. If I don't get the results I want or if takes me another week to drop that 1% of body fat I've got nothing or no one to blame except me.

Yeah a diet journal has for been a source of accountability for me. I've never competed, but I've always considered myself to be my stiffest competition. If I can satisfy my biggest critic then I consider that a victory. If I don't get the results I want or if takes me another week to drop that 1% of body fat I've got nothing or no one to blame except me.

I agree, but even for those who compete or have competed, its all relative brutha, meaning you just want to come in better shape then last time, and let the cards fall where they may. So yeah if your just competing with yourself thats plenty brutha!

how long you been keeping a journal, is it a year long thing or just when ur getting ready to get into shape for spring and summer?

I agree, but even for those who compete or have competed, its all relative brutha, meaning you just want to come in better shape then last time, and let the cards fall where they may. So yeah if your just competing with yourself thats plenty brutha!

how long you been keeping a journal, is it a year long thing or just when ur getting ready to get into shape for spring and summer?

I couldn't agree more! The day I no longer feel this way is the day they can kick some dirt on me cuz I may as well be dead! LOL

I always keep one when I'm on a cycle and I usually time one for a spring and summer shape up. Now that you mention it though a year long journal has peaked my interest.

I used to keep a log on everything I ate, then I looked back at it one night and realized how repetitive it was! I eat the same thing everyday at the same time. Hell my grocery bill stays within a $5 range every week! I actually think the log helped me form my eating habits because it was easeir to write the same thing down everyday rather than keep up with the macros of new meals.

Wheres ur food log at?

What do u mean where's your food log at? U mean spending wise or calorie? Not sure what u mean bro

Lol sorry thought this was a few days old. I wanted to see your log, see what you're eating. Are you going to post it here?

This is my next goal. I'm at the point where I really need to start writing thing down and making known adjustments if I want to progress further. My weight gain is damn near a standstill as is my progression. My diet must be the cause.

Lol sorry thought this was a few days old. I wanted to see your log, see what you're eating. Are you going to post it here?

oh well my log aint shit , i only eat one meal a day, i been this way for years, ill eat one solid meal and then maybe have a shake here or there, I literally cant eat much, i get sick when i do and i cant force it. I know it sounds crazy trust me i hear it all the time from everyone here and at gym as I posted this problem before, but its true i dont eat shit

Yesterday I ate 10 tbl spoons PB, chicken and 2 potatoes, and a protein shake, and today I had the same exact thing, along with a zone bar.

Im just going to eat the same fucking thing every day for the most part,lol, and try to drink a couple shakes. If i could eat i owuld be a monster, but as it is now people dont believe me when i tell them how little i eat considering my size, but wat can i tell ya,lol

the main reason i put a little fat on is cause i havent been in the gym due to my neck and what little i was eating was all pure shit food, so im not doing anything fancy other then eating cleaner and finaly started back in the gym

Damn it Dude quit posting directly after me! You make me feel tiny with avatar directly underneath me!!

Presser that's insane about your food intake! At least your grocery bill isn't too high. ;)

Damn it Dude quit posting directly after me! You make me feel tiny with avatar directly underneath me!!

Presser that's insane about your food intake! At least your grocery bill isn't too high. ;)

Sorry bro, I'll try to have Silk post before me to break it up LOL!
Yeah Presser's a lucky bastard. If I ate like that I'd have a hard time keeping 150lbs on me. I developed my current ability to eat over a decade of force feeding literally.

Just an Update, Been sticking to the script, and havent eaten anyting different other then I changed out my chicken for ham twice. I know it doesnt sound like much, but for me this is great, I havent dieted in a long time, and in just a few days you can see the differance with water weight and puffyness.

I did however piss blood for the first time in my life tonight around 7pm and havent pissed since and its nearly 1am , im afraid to go pee again,lol. Im hoping its just the strict diet and maybe some dehydration, or maybe from hitting the weight hard, did legs yesterday and did shoulders tonight,

Little worried about the pissing blood thing, but i read a bunch of shit saying it could be nothing like a bladder infect, or could be bad like blader cancer

anyone ever piss blood, it wasnt bright red, but it was enough that i could tell it was blood

How's that going to work for today as far as the diet goes? Is today a cheat day?

Nah I ate the same thing today, chicken and potatos,lol, I did not go to dinner with my wife at her parents, cause of the whole pissing blood thing, im just kind of freaked out and staying close to home incase i need to go to the hospital. But NO i havent cheated yet!

Yea, I don't blame you there, I'd stay close to home as well for that reason. But congrats on not cheating

I may have missed it, but where's the journal?! Are you saying you're one meal was chicken and potatoes?!
How much of each? I'm curious to see what you eat so spill it!

I don't know why I just thought of this, but I had a buddy who pissed blood a couple times and found out it was an ulcer. It would make sense with the stress you've been going through then the sudden change in eating habits

I have offseason diet and contest diet prepared by my trainer and all the info is taped to the cupboards in the kitchen. I think it's very beneficial to keep a log of what you eat, for instance I identified some food allergies last year doing this so I know what to take out of my diet. Also if you are trying to lose some weight it is good to have a starting point so you know if and what to eliminate if need be. Makes grocery shopping much easier. I eat the same thing every single day contest mode now, usually don't mind it but I'm already getting sick of chicken LOL. And Presser I am a BIATCH when I diet, so it is not easy for me at all. I posted on your other thread about your peeing, get to the doctor just to be safe Presser.

Back