Some precontest diet/supplements tips ...

Chris250

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Just wanted to put this out there. Most times I steal articles from different sites, and just post them here. Some tips will be common sense one's other one's will be something you might wanna try next time you diet down...So here they are....(remember Im just writing this as I think of the article)

1. Always, start your diet at the point you know you can be in contest shape in 10-12 weeks, then start your diet 2-3 weeks earlier than that. Why, cause no matter how smooth you think your prep will do, it never turns out that way. You will have wedding's, birthday party's, get pulled over (spend the night in jail) ect, ect....There is always something that will set you back a day or so. So start early, but give yourself an extra 2 weeks just to be safe. I always do, and normally a month out, im ready to rock and roll. Then I can just play with my carbs or fats, and adjust them to be fuller on stage, with tighter skin and better conditioning.

2. Always, ALWAYS have your AAS ready to go at 12 weeks out. Never buy your AAS during your prep. Why, cause you wont have something when you will need it. I know from experiance, cause when I was younger, and didnt have the funds to get it all at once, it has hurt me during certain points of my prep. Always plan ahead, and always have the items you need in advance. Dont leave any stone unturned. That also includes research items (like T3 and Clen, arimadex, letrozole, ect, ect)

3. Buy your food at the beginning of the week, and have it prepared that day. If you dont prepare your food for the whole week at once (or the very least for a few days) your more than likely go out to eat at a resturant or worst yet, go to a fast food joint. Thinking that, that grilled chicken breast without the bun is fine for your diet, that your trying to get down to 4% bodyfat. Ummm, I dont think so guys. Some guys can get away with this, but for most of us. We dont have the metabolism of Dexter Jackson. So its no go for that one.

4. Plan your training out, but dont hesitate to change up training load if needed. Most days, im feeling up for a hard training session, cause im up for my show. But there are some days, when im so depleted, and I know its just a waste of time, being at the gym. So I will turn around, and just head home to rest or do cardio instead. Doesnt make sense to fry your CNS if your already overtrained. No, you wont lose muscle, you probably look better in a day or two if taking it off. Cause your not buring extra glycogen that you dont have. This is where the BCAA's are very improtant during precontest prep. If you dont do them now, it might be time to start thinking about using them your next go around.

5. Stick to the gameplan you have set for yourself. What I mean by this, is if your doing keto diet, then stick to it for a good 4-5 weeks before you abandon it. You got to give the body time to work, so no matter what give your body time to adjust to the diet, before saying that it doesnt work after one week of dieting. This also goes back to rule number 1, have enough time to make changes if needed. Sometimes things just are working they way you had hoped, and your body is different makeup from last year, or the last time you dieted down. You never stay the same, and what worked last year or 10 years ago wont work for ya this time. Change is good, as long its not every week or so. Same goes for carb cycle diet. Sometimes it takes time for you to fine the correct cycle for carbs. Some people need just tiny adjustments, like 200 grams, 250 grams, and 300 grams. Where some people really need to shock there body with major adjustments. Like 50 grams for 2 days, 150 grams for 4 days, and 500 grams for one day. You never really know what works, until you just put it out there, and give it a go. So always plan ahead, and give your body time to adjust, put give yourself plenty of time in cause you need to change up the whole gameplan...

hope those tips help. more tips later in this thread. and please add more if you have any...

If I had to add something, I'd just say to make sure you have enough help the days leading up to the show so that nothing can fall through. Mainly meaning, make sure you have someone who knows how to help you with your tan and can help you get the oil on smoothly and evenly the day of the show. You know that people will say they will be there, but then oversleep or have to work or any number of bullshit stories. I always make sure I've got at least 3 people say they will help in case people fall through. Most of it you can do by yourself, but it helps to have someone there who knows how to do this stuff so you don't have to stress about it.

Also, like your AAS, have everything you need well in advance. (posing trunks, posing oil, tanning supplies, all that good stuff) The last thing you want is for something to be backordered in the weeks leading up to the show.

Back