The Rock Takes on Bulgarian Split Squats And Gets a Beating

Muscle Insider

Hollywood star Dwayne ’The Rock’ Johnson is a man of many talents who first rose to prominence for his athletic abilities inside the wrestling ring. He boasts a huge build and never fails to get a workout in despite maintaining a packed schedule. In a recent post made on Instagram, Johnson shared Bulgarian split squats as an effective lower-body workout for muscle growth.
The Rock is widely considered to be one of the most popular professional wrestlers of all time. He grew up playing football but decided to follow in the footsteps of his father and become a legacy wrestler under the WWF/WWE banner. He pioneered the Attitude Era of promotion and is credited with helping elevate the company to new heights. While competing in the wrestling ring, Johnson got the chance to make his acting debut in The Mummy Returns (2001).
Following a decorated run in the WWE, Johnson chose to step away to explore his passion for acting. He applied the same work ethic he developed as an athlete to become a global superstar with several blockbuster hits under his belt. He boasts an insane following of 383 million on the photo-sharing platform and regularly encourages them to lead a healthy lifestyle with motivational workout posts often filmed in his home gym called ‘Iron Paradise.’
In Nov. 2022, The Rock gave fans a look into his leg day finisher workout made up of five monster sets. Johnson held a 100-pound dumbbell with just his fingertips (to build grip strength) and performed sumo squats in a slow and controlled manner at the end of leg day.
Although Johnson has a busy schedule he never fails to get a workout in. He showed off his massive legs in a brutal late-night training session earlier this year. He used four sets of an intense muscle-building squat variation to boost leg gains.
The Rock detailed a fierce upper body workout targeting the chest and back for optimizing the pump three months ago. The routine consisted of only supersets with moderate weight and a five-second hold on the last rep of each exercise. He offered another superset training plan focusing on lower body muscle development weeks later. He performed leg extensions with two drop sets till failure to close out the workout.
The 51-year-old laid out a grueling chest and body workout two months ago. He stressed the importance of performing each rep in a controlled and slow manner and encouraged his fans to focus on the movement.
Johnson revealed the core exercise he utilized to regain strength in his abdomen after suffering an injury last month. He advocated for incorporating abs workouts in any routine to boost gains.
The Rock shares Burning Lower Body workout for muscle growth
In a recent Instagram post, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson shared a brutal lower body workout designed to build muscle and feel the burn.
“Still finding my groove & balance on these Bulgarian split squats,” wrote The Rock. “?I started implementing these as my last exercise of 4 giant sets (4 leg exercises in a row 4x’s) ?Haven’t done these in years due to my 4 knee surgeries and I tore the top of my quad off my pelvis (in a wrestling match) so deep single leg movements like this can be a burning bitch. ?But we gotta get consistently push and challenge ourselves daily or else life ain’t no fun ..gettin’ my ass kicked in the iron paradise.”

The Bulgarian split squat is an absolute game-changer when it comes to improving your athletic abilities and sculpting powerful legs. Not only does it give your quads and glutes a serious workout, but it also has a host of other fantastic benefits that can take your fitness to the next level. It primarily targets the quadriceps and glutes, leading to significant gains in both muscle size and strength.
The Rock gave an effective high-volume workout routine for chest and back muscle development last month. He believes in taking advantage of the full range of motion and holding at the bottom to get the best results. He followed up with a laborious arms day finisher routine to get jacked biceps weeks later.
His latest offering will serve as a dose of motivation for those wanting to skip leg day and provide an effective plan for others to get bigger legs.
Published: 7 June, 2023 | 3:10 PM EDT

The-Rock-Leg-day.jpg
Hollywood star Dwayne ’The Rock’ Johnson is a man of many talents who first rose to prominence for his athletic abilities inside the wrestling ring. He boasts a huge build and never fails to get a workout in despite maintaining a packed schedule. In a recent post made on Instagram, Johnson shared Bulgarian split squats as an effective lower-body workout for muscle growth.

The Rock is widely considered to be one of the most popular professional wrestlers of all time. He grew up playing football but decided to follow in the footsteps of his father and become a legacy wrestler under the WWF/WWE banner. He pioneered the Attitude Era of promotion and is credited with helping elevate the company to new heights. While competing in the wrestling ring, Johnson got the chance to make his acting debut in The Mummy Returns (2001).

Following a decorated run in the WWE, Johnson chose to step away to explore his passion for acting. He applied the same work ethic he developed as an athlete to become a global superstar with several blockbuster hits under his belt. He boasts an insane following of 383 million on the photo-sharing platform and regularly encourages them to lead a healthy lifestyle with motivational workout posts often filmed in his home gym called ‘Iron Paradise.’

In Nov. 2022, The Rock gave fans a look into his leg day finisher workout made up of five monster sets. Johnson held a 100-pound dumbbell with just his fingertips (to build grip strength) and performed sumo squats in a slow and controlled manner at the end of leg day.

Although Johnson has a busy schedule he never fails to get a workout in. He showed off his massive legs in a brutal late-night training session earlier this year. He used four sets of an intense muscle-building squat variation to boost leg gains.

The Rock detailed a fierce upper body workout targeting the chest and back for optimizing the pump three months ago. The routine consisted of only supersets with moderate weight and a five-second hold on the last rep of each exercise. He offered another superset training plan focusing on lower body muscle development weeks later. He performed leg extensions with two drop sets till failure to close out the workout.

The 51-year-old laid out a grueling chest and body workout two months ago. He stressed the importance of performing each rep in a controlled and slow manner and encouraged his fans to focus on the movement.

Johnson revealed the core exercise he utilized to regain strength in his abdomen after suffering an injury last month. He advocated for incorporating abs workouts in any routine to boost gains.

The Rock shares Burning Lower Body workout for muscle growth
In a recent Instagram post, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson shared a brutal lower body workout designed to build muscle and feel the burn.

“Still finding my groove & balance on these Bulgarian split squats,” wrote The Rock. “?I started implementing these as my last exercise of 4 giant sets (4 leg exercises in a row 4x’s) ?Haven’t done these in years due to my 4 knee surgeries and I tore the top of my quad off my pelvis (in a wrestling match) so deep single leg movements like this can be a burning bitch. ?But we gotta get consistently push and challenge ourselves daily or else life ain’t no fun ..gettin’ my ass kicked in the iron paradise.”

[/quote]

The Bulgarian split squat is an absolute game-changer when it comes to improving your athletic abilities and sculpting powerful legs. Not only does it give your quads and glutes a serious workout, but it also has a host of other fantastic benefits that can take your fitness to the next level. It primarily targets the quadriceps and glutes, leading to significant gains in both muscle size and strength.

The Rock gave an effective high-volume workout routine for chest and back muscle development last month. He believes in taking advantage of the full range of motion and holding at the bottom to get the best results. He followed up with a laborious arms day finisher routine to get jacked biceps weeks later.

His latest offering will serve as a dose of motivation for those wanting to skip leg day and provide an effective plan for others to get bigger legs.

Published: 7 June, 2023 | 3:10 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back