Training for those over 40

By necessity I stay out of the free weight pit unless I am going to do dumbbell shrugs or lateral raises. I get really good results with machines and cables.

I don't do any straight bar bench, shoulders are worn out as well. Thank God for DB's.
Same here my delts and elbows ache when using bar. I have a terrible bench because of that. I'm injured now and I hate to say this but the Smith machine has been a god send

I have been working on getting my shoulders to grow and have been focusing on high volume. The burn is unreal. Grow baby Grow.

I am convinced that you can achieve well developed delts using lateral raises from different angles: front, side and rear.

I have added a few exercise for my rear delts and can tell a difference already. I keep the volume high and really force the pump. They were sore for three days the last time I worked them. :)

I am convinced that you can achieve well developed delts using lateral raises from different angles: front, side and rear.

I'm with you when I feel my crackling too much I stick to the cables and do good work.

I got laid off my job and have been going the gym in the am and then later. Two a days have kicked my old butt. I had to take a few days off. Getting old sucks. I just don't bounce back like I use too. Sometimes I feel like Robocop as I put on my elbow sleeve, wrist wraps, belt and versa grips. We need to just come out with a body suit that is a big brace / support.

I got laid off my job and have been going the gym in the am and then later. Two a days have kicked my old butt. I had to take a few days off. Getting old sucks. I just don't bounce back like I use too. Sometimes I feel like Robocop as I put on my elbow sleeve, wrist wraps, belt and versa grips. We need to just come out with a body suit that is a big brace / support.
How old are you bro?

Im in my mid 40s and ouch I hurt every day. Distal Bicep rupture, cracked vertebrates, now my knees. ouch just adapt and over come.

What are we all like we sound like we are in the 80s not 40-50s. Must sound crazy to any one that reads this on the internet.
Why do we do it to are self.

What are we all like we sound like we are in the 80s not 40-50s. Must sound crazy to any one that reads this on the internet.
Why do we do it to are self.

It isn't the age of the machine, its the mileage on the equipment....and speaking for just me, career choices in this life have taken their toll.

So, today after killing back I twisted my damn knee. It is already bone on bone and hurts everyday. I put ice on it, but it still looks like a softball.
Any advise on eq and its healing properties?

Back