UFC purchases STRIKEFORCE!

even though overall the number of mma fans is increasing, i can't say i'm happy about this......i really wanted SF to compete head to head for ratings against the UFC.....i personally feel the UFC isn't putting on good enough matches anymore and too many of the "personalities" are on the tail end of their careers.....SF had my interest because of using ex actors, ex nfl, etc......there is more of a storyline with that.....

i guess i'll not be happy until the old "PRIDE" comes back and they let them juice and do the tourney format like before

I agree. I've been hoping a serious contender would come along to force the UFC to up their game a bit. When there is only one show in town, it doesn't take long before the show gets boring.

I agree. I've been hoping a serious contender would come along to force the UFC to up their game a bit. When there is only one show in town, it doesn't take long before the show gets boring.

I dont think it will, look at nfl nba mba all that stuff is all regulated through 1 thing and they seem competitive (judging at how ppl scream at the top of there lungs while watching these sports, and some possibly getting boners for a touchdown, or game point)

But, those sports are different because each team is individually owned and you don't have one dick calling all the shots. I like Dana in general, but he has been known over the years to let a grudge dictate his decisions. Look at how many fighters are basically banned from the UFC because of a beef with Dana. And on the flip side, Dana keeps guys like Stephan Bonner around because of one legendary fight.

But, those sports are different because each team is individually owned and you don't have one dick calling all the shots. I like Dana in general, but he has been known over the years to let a grudge dictate his decisions. Look at how many fighters are basically banned from the UFC because of a beef with Dana. And on the flip side, Dana keeps guys like Stephan Bonner around because of one legendary fight.

Haha ok lets see, to that I'd have to agree to an extent but on the same page say its getting much much better. Staphan also had 2 great fights with Krystoff one was recent and Stephan won, so dont forget those fights. Dana doesnt do the match making, Joe Silva does, although if people call people out to Dana he usually makes it happen. He hated Tito and Tito is still in it, dumbass Paul Daley deserved to be banned bc hes a pos, Nick Diaz got kicked out but not to Danas discretion, as he has mentioned numerous times his like for the Diaz brother's, even defending both of them on more then one occasion, and pretty recently. I think I would be fine if they ended up with a national label like big sports, bc there are still individual camps, just like how there are individual teams, but this is all just my point of view of course

The banned ones I was thinking of are Matt Lindland and who's the other dude Josh Barnett or something like that, the heavyweight who was in Strikeforce.

The banned ones I was thinking of are Matt Lindland and who's the other dude Josh Barnett or something like that, the heavyweight who was in Strikeforce.
hmmm what happened with Matt? Barnett has got caught for juice a few times as I recall so that would be the regulation committee id think

Back