What does everyone chest work out look like?

one of the important things to do is to change your workouts around with different exercise ivery couple of weeks to shock your body. Your body adapts very quickly to the same workout all the time.

Re: Chest routine

1. Cable crossovers or pec dec flyes 2 sets 10-15
as a warm up, increase blood flow, stretch pecs, delts, tie ins, etc
2. flat bench 4 sets 6-10 reps (do not pyramid up)
warm up with sets of 3-8 reps graduall inc weight decreasing reps but not to failure ie. if bench press max is 400lbs- 1st set 135 8-10, 2nd set 225 5-7, 3rd set 315 4-5, 4th set 350 to failure(this is considered your 1st working set..all others do not count ...only warm ups)2nd working set 315 to failure, 3rd working set 265 to failure, 4th working set 225 to failure (reps wil be determined on strength and recovery ability but try to stick to 6-10...lowering weight inc reps as u go)
3. incline bench press ..usually start with what u left off on flat bench press..ie 225 try for 10 reps for 3-4 sets...if easily done inc weight..if too difficult dec weight slightly...aim for 8-10 reps 4 sets!
4.inlcine dumbell flyes 3 sets 10 pick a weight that its possible to do...dec if necessary when getting fatigued!
Thats all folks...remember...keep your butt on the bench but get a good arch , drive with the legs, press in an arc from nipple line to eyesight line, feet flat on the floor, arms perpendicular to the ground, head on the bench, control each rep as a single entity, do not bounce the bar, or rush the movement, explode up from the chest, good luck!
ps. to get a thickly muscled pectoral region you must lift heavy weights, there is not one bodybuilder on stage in the olympia lineup who has not pressed 300 lbs or more....as Dr. Fred Hatfield always said..."just lift the damn bar!"

I've started doing this along with my usual chest routine, and it seems to spark some growth.

On a slick floor, hardwoods, vinyl, etc. get in a pushup position, with your hands on 2 towels. Let your hands slid out as you lower yourself, to about a fly position. Then raise your self up, while sliding your hands back to the pushup position.

Hope this makes sense it's hard to explain.

I just hit it hard .. hit it right .. hit different angles .. and switch it up every week.

Dont over do it .... remember quality not quantity ... just like getting what you pay for ..........

yeah, i think i was over training, im only doing each body part once a week---all my friends think that im gonna get weaker goin once a week.

Back