What influenced you?

Scout200

Several people have a story as to what influenced them to change their lifestyle to becoming a bodybuilder or just overall, healthy. What was your inspiration to change your lifestyle to what it is today?

Got Arnold's book Education of a Bodybuilder when I was 10.

I am by no means a bodybuilder, but lifting weights is what gets me up in the morning. I guess my passion came from football like Presser said. I remember getting big gains in the weight room as a freshman and other kids in my class commenting on how big I was getting. After that it was my goal to continue to get bigger and stronger. I'm 30 now and my goal has never changed.

It started in 9th grade as an easy A, later continued bc friends went, than wanted to just be bigger. I graduated from high school almost 8 years ago at 150-155 right now im 200.

I was obsessed with bodybuilding before I could write. My aunt Linda used to send off for the Charles Atlas courses for meout of my comic books as a little kid. My parents wouldn't order them for me or buy me a set of weights. So I cut my mom's broom sticks off and used the picnic table out back as a bench and put the broom stick through the holes in bricks my dad had stacked on the side of the house. I then hung around my friend's teenage brother and his friends in their garage...they had a bench and plastic weights in there. Muscle mags all over the floors. I would "borrow" them and read all the articles and mimic in my back yard what I saw in the mags. The older kids wouldn't let me workout with them so I had to do my own thing. After that...I snuck into an apartment complex that had a weight room where I met Steve Cavenaugh ( he lost the AAU Mr. America to Jeff King) one day. He helped me as a 9 or 10 year old kid in that little weight room for over a year...He is the one who bought me my first gym membership at Golds Gym in Clearwater, FL. He told the owner I was his nephew and I was 12....and on and on it goes!

I was obsessed with bodybuilding before I could write. My aunt Linda used to send off for the Charles Atlas courses for meout of my comic books as a little kid. My parents wouldn't order them for me or buy me a set of weights. So I cut my mom's broom sticks off and used the picnic table out back as a bench and put the broom stick through the holes in bricks my dad had stacked on the side of the house. I then hung around my friend's teenage brother and his friends in their garage...they had a bench and plastic weights in there. Muscle mags all over the floors. I would "borrow" them and read all the articles and mimic in my back yard what I saw in the mags. The older kids wouldn't let me workout with them so I had to do my own thing. After that...I snuck into an apartment complex that had a weight room where I met Steve Cavenaugh ( he lost the AAU Mr. America to Jeff King) one day. He helped me as a 9 or 10 year old kid in that little weight room for over a year...He is the one who bought me my first gym membership at Golds Gym in Clearwater, FL. He told the owner I was his nephew and I was 12....and on and on it goes!

Haha wow thats pretty interesting man, never knew all that. You forgot the other part, further down the road, when you worked with me, and saw me goin up in weight , and than a couple other employees goin up in weight all at the same time, than it was a competition, than you blew up like a balloon being inflated by an air compressor, while the rest of us peaked out lol:sport:

Haha wow thats pretty interesting man, never knew all that. You forgot the other part, further down the road, when you worked with me, and saw me goin up in weight , and than a couple other employees goin up in weight all at the same time, than it was a competition, than you blew up like a balloon being inflated by an air compressor, while the rest of us peaked out lol:sport:

Muscle memory is a beautiful thing?

Wow, that's really awesome!

Back