When if ever do you plan on "changing" your goals

The Dude

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Most of us here are bodybuilders. Whether we compete or not we want to add muscle and lose fat. Do you forsee a time that you may not want to carry alot of muscle or instead choose to get more of a lean athletic physique? Personally I'd like to say yes, but I just love heavy weight. I love the endorphin rush after beating a personal best. I know I can't do it forever, but honestly I think I'll have to be forced into it.

I think in my 40's I'll start enjoying my natural leanness more and stop trying to add mass.

I think in my 40's I'll start enjoying my natural leanness more and stop trying to add mass.

Yeah cause 40"s is so old right lol and no I'm not 40 but getting close! As for my goals changing who knows , I just want to get healthy soon and take it from there!

Yeah cause 40"s is so old right lol and no I'm not 40 but getting close! As for my goals changing who knows , I just want to get healthy soon and take it from there!

There is a guy that goes to my gym that took the over 40 year before last at Southern States and could've IMO take the overall. I believe he is doing the open this year. He is 43+ and he is still gaining.

Of course goals change with age, I think that's a sign of changing priorities and maturity. I don't really want to be freaky huge, I prefer a more aesthetic physique similar to Frank Zane. Whenever I get there maintaining that and staying lean is a reasonable goal I think I can carry into my later years.

Back