where are they now??????

irish2003

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
just wondering what is the main reason we see so many guys get their pro card and then just disappear?.......do they lose their "hookups"? do they just give up now that they've got their card? do they burn too many bridges on their way up?

Couple of reason.

Some like to earn their pro cards to help with their personal business.

After you earn your pro card, it takes the fun out of competing. ( I have heard this from the mouth of pro's)

Money-the amount you put in, is nothing to what you have a chance of winning. Just doesnt add up for alot people.

Just because they got a pro card, doesnt mean they have a chance on a pro stage.

Interesting question- I question a lot of guys that get their pro card that maybe should have waited to get take them.
I think the big difference now is that a lot guys think they can use that as their source of income- it really is a job when it comes down to it.
Being pro puts you on a entirely different level of competition- which means more of everything to keep up with the rest of the competitors.
That takes time and a lot more money. You see a lot of these guys do their first show and they find out how much harder it is- easy to get disillusioned very quickly but you have to make the decison of whether or not its worth the time and money to keep doing it.
Sponsorships help some, but I do not believe its enough to train in the new manner that is needed.
We have a few pros here- did a few shows then dropped out- too difficult to be noticed, so they get by by doing personal training and some by doing some supp selling on the side...

90% of the guys who go pro make more...much much more running their own business for training or supplements or both. their is no realy money in being a pro unless your one of the best, but you still see the same names each year competing and not placing well at but just by having their names and faces out there for exposure helps them do their own thing in running their own businesses

Back