MC guys are a rare breed

SilkQuads

Why do more and more guys want to be skinny?? That's so unattractive! I had a guy at work today tell me he's started lifting weights but doesn't want to get as big as me...huh? I'm 5'7, 162'ish. He's taller than I am and about 170's. I can understand a girl saying that but not a guy. Thanks, but I'm not that big! LoL... I'm glad I'm married and out of the dating scene cause I'd end up old and alone!

Why do more and more guys want to be skinny??
im sure they would rather be more muscular but to lazy or just cant do it.

he might have some insecurities and i would think probably attracted to you, yea some guys are weird like women weird

The problem is men aren't men any more Silk. It's sad to see, but this younger generation is trying to be prettier and thinner than women. They wouldn't dare do anything that would make then look masculine. Go to any club and all you see is a bunch sissy pretty boys. Makes me and Lil Lifter want to puke.

im sure they would rather be more muscular but to lazy or just cant do it.

he might have some insecurities and i would think probably attracted to you, yea some guys are weird like women weird

Obviously I'm kind of grateful. Girls that like muscular guys intimidate most guys. It's also been my experience that our subculture is a little more respectful than the mainstream.
Like IronJulius said its hard to be a muscular big guy. I'm sure most want to, but they just can't or aren't willing to do what it takes. Rather than fail, they say they don't want it.
I routinely say how I'm happy with my income and don't want a promotion. Do I want to make more money? Of course! Am I willing to do what it takes? Nope.
Besides, I think you're smokin HOT!!!

Why do more and more guys want to be skinny?? That's so unattractive! I had a guy at work today tell me he's started lifting weights but doesn't want to get as big as me...huh? I'm 5'7, 162'ish. He's taller than I am and about 170's. I can understand a girl saying that but not a guy. Thanks, but I'm not that big! LoL... I'm glad I'm married and out of the dating scene cause I'd end up old and alone!

Hmmm, I'd say you are the rare breed, Silk!

Most women in Vancouver at least would be scared to initiate a conversation with a big guy. Plus being brown as well might not help the case either lol
Now I understand I probably look like a walking beef shop when I'm bulked up and 255. Specially I don't find my round face very attractive either lol
But I do get a couple heads turning occasionally and a few smiles here and there when I'm cut up.
But that's where it stops, women never seem to have courage to initiate a conversation and I'm too proud to go beyond initiating small talks and ask for the number.
Overall, I think women would rather stay in comfort zone hittin it up wid pretty lil boys than go out of their way for a big dude.

It seems like for the most part being big can work against my favor when it comes to attracting opposite sex :(
Whatever, I'm not going to turn into an Ambercombie model even if I died alone lol

Where would you look other than gym if you were a big guy looking for a women who'd appreciate the work we put in and not be too scared to initiate somethin?

Hmmm, I'd say you are the rare breed, Silk!

Most women in Vancouver at least would be scared to initiate a conversation with a big guy. Plus being brown as well might not help the case either lol
Now I understand I probably look like a walking beef shop when I'm bulked up and 255. Specially I don't find my round face very attractive either lol
But I do get a couple heads turning occasionally and a few smiles here and there when I'm cut up.
But that's where it stops, women never seem to have courage to initiate a conversation and I'm too proud to go beyond initiating small talks and ask for the number.
Overall, I think women would rather stay in comfort zone hittin it up wid pretty lil boys than go out of their way for a big dude.

It seems like for the most part being big can work against my favor when it comes to attracting opposite sex :(
Whatever, I'm not going to turn into an Ambercombie model even if I died alone lol

Where would you look other than gym if you were a big guy looking for a women who'd appreciate the work we put in and not be too scared to initiate somethin?

I think the logic you present makes sense, gyms these days seem more full of metrosexuals and cardio freaks. Somewhere along the line fitness went soft. Since I've been lifting for 32 yrs now I can tell you that some woman are no doubt intimated by bigger, buff guys. Maybe we seem unapproachable...a bit "too" much muscle. Look at the pop culture and the most desirable males are the Jersey shore gang, The Beiber and other pretty boys of whom I dont know of and dont care too. The feminatized male is seen as attractive

Well I want a man that looks like a man. No matter how big I get somebody's gotta kill the bugs and check on the scary noises in the middle of the night cuz it won't be me :)

i told a girl at work a couple weeks ago i was trying to lose some fat and get a 6 pack. she says to another coworker "i dont think muscles are all that attractive" but she is always wanting a hug from me and or trying to touch/rub on me. i have met her husband and he is almost half my size so maybe she does like smaller men. i think physically its the best she can do because she probably weighs more than her husband

- - - Updated - - -

Well I want a man that looks like a man. No matter how big I get somebody's gotta kill the bugs and check on the scary noises in the middle of the night cuz it won't be me :)
im a hard sleeper so got a cat for bugs and dog for noises

My gf likes skinny guys and hates that I'm always trying to get bigger. She's disgusted by huge guys. She thinks someone like Flex Lewis is too big. That's about as big as I'd like to get, but even that is too big for her. I don't get it, you'd think you would want a bigger guy around so that you'd feel comfortable and safe. I know if I was a girl I definitely would want to know my bf could hold his own or stand up for me if something happened. Maybe that's the old way of thinking and people just like the cookie cutter model type

i think that there's so much pressure on women to be fit, although daytime talk shows tell them to be fat and comfortable with their bodies instead, and they prefer a guy who doesn't train so much so there's less pressure on them to look good...

i think that there's so much pressure on women to be fit, although daytime talk shows tell them to be fat and comfortable with their bodies instead, and they prefer a guy who doesn't train so much so there's less pressure on them to look good...

It's basically like dating below your status

That's what I was thinkin. I don't get it, guess I'm old fashion....or not afraid of a little hard work and discipline!

Agreed with Irish 100%

I had a beautiful Polish gf for quite some time, and this girl was seriously drop dead gorgeous....

She always wanted me to lose weight (Im not a gigantic guy to begin with anyways) but she finally broke down and admitted one night that dating me was hard, bc I was at the gym 5 days per week, and she felt the need workout constantly even though she didn't want to. I made it clear to her, I didn't want a fitness model (really don't) and I was actually very very happy with her and her body was a 10 already, which it was...She couldn't believe it. Funny the hottest ones have the lowest self esteem.

On a good note, I'm glad muscle can pull some women, because I will tell you what, once I lost my hair, and literally stopped putting any effort into pulling women because I simply don't care anymore, hitting the gym all these years has been my saving Grace, so I can still pull them no problem, not ones you would bring home to mom though :)

That's what I was thinkin. I don't get it, guess I'm old fashion....or not afraid of a little hard work and discipline!

trying is sexy...even when a girl is a little over ideal weight, i'd rather she tried...on the flipside, girls that are naturally skinny and eat everything yet don't train are gross to me...i can only think that they spend most of their day pooping...

All the skinny fat guys were taken so I had to settle for The Dude, lol

Well you know, shit happens lol....

Skinny fat kids is the phrase I use a lot. That's what the world is coming to now

- - - Updated - - -

trying is sexy...even when a girl is a little over ideal weight, i'd rather she tried...on the flipside, girls that are naturally skinny and eat everything yet don't train are gross to me...i can only think that they spend most of their day pooping...

Pooping or puking

Haha...gross! But if they ate crap wouldn't they be stopped up?? Things that make ya go hmmm...Lol, sorry guys :)

Funny the hottest ones have the lowest self esteem.
Girls are so much harder on themselves then guys are. You may see a girl as a 10 and she'll see fat thighs. Once upon a time this was me. Thank God I escaped that mindset! I still have my bad days, but thanks to my hubby and an article I read in a magazine (basically saying men don't see the flaws we think we have) I'm much more confident and happy.

I don't think the "alpha male" thing is really gone. It's very difficult and takes years to develop a good physique. It takes money, time, and intelligence. In my opinion its a great way to determine if a guy can provide. Anyone can mortgage themselves to the max and lease an Escalade and have a net worth of -$1000000.
It seems that MMA has become the saving grace to most of the younger guys now. A Tapout shirt and a couple of knees into the air and they're a competitor!! Lol! Quite frankly, I think most girls are just dumbasses.

Back