Archives: Conor McGregor on Racial Controversy: ‘I Don’t Even See Color’ (2017)

Muscle Insider

On this day six years ago, we ran a story on Conor McGregor addressing a race-related controversy ahead of the MayMac blockbuster.
Six years ago, Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather took part in one of the most successful combat sporting events of all time. One of the reasons for the event being a massive success was the unforgettable buildup to the event.
Conor McGregor was on his A-game with his trash talk during the media events; however, there was one aspect of his rhetoric that made national news.
In this installment of the MMA News Archives, we look back to our coverage and his response to a controversial story attached to his name.
The following story is presented to you in its original, unaltered form, courtesy of The MMA News Archives.
On This Day Six Years Ago…
[ORIGNALLY PUBLISHED JULY 14, 2017, 6:19 AM]
Headline: Conor McGregor on Racial Controversy: ‘I Don’t Even See Color’
Author: Fernando Quiles Jr.
Conor McGregor finds it ridiculous that some are making him out to be a racist.
“Notorious” first caught flak for telling Floyd Mayweather, “dance for me boy” during the first two press conferences on their tour. McGregor and Mayweather have been hyping up their Aug. 26 showdown.
He then poked fun at those crying foul by making a joke about his privates, saying he’s black below the stomach. This only added fuel to the fire.
McGregor addressed racial accusations to the media (via MMAJunkie.com):
“That doesn’t sit well with me. I’m very multi-cultural and a very multi-cultured individual, and I don’t have any ill feelings toward any – I don’t even see color. I just wanted to say something and have a little bit of fun with it. I just wanted to play with it and address it in my own little way. It’s stupid, and it’s ridiculous is basically what I was getting at.”
“Notorious” and “Money” are getting ready for the final stop on their tour. The last press conference takes place today (July 14) and will be held inside the SSE Arena, Wembley in London, England. Their boxing clash takes place inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

oie_aHuk8pOvvnsi.jpg.optimal.jpg
On this day six years ago, we ran a story on Conor McGregor addressing a race-related controversy ahead of the MayMac blockbuster.

Six years ago, Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather took part in one of the most successful combat sporting events of all time. One of the reasons for the event being a massive success was the unforgettable buildup to the event.

Conor McGregor was on his A-game with his trash talk during the media events; however, there was one aspect of his rhetoric that made national news.

In this installment of the MMA News Archives, we look back to our coverage and his response to a controversial story attached to his name.

The following story is presented to you in its original, unaltered form, courtesy of The MMA News Archives.

On This Day Six Years Ago…
[ORIGNALLY PUBLISHED JULY 14, 2017, 6:19 AM]

Headline: Conor McGregor on Racial Controversy: ‘I Don’t Even See Color’

Author: Fernando Quiles Jr.

Conor McGregor finds it ridiculous that some are making him out to be a racist.

“Notorious” first caught flak for telling Floyd Mayweather, “dance for me boy” during the first two press conferences on their tour. McGregor and Mayweather have been hyping up their Aug. 26 showdown.

He then poked fun at those crying foul by making a joke about his privates, saying he’s black below the stomach. This only added fuel to the fire.

McGregor addressed racial accusations to the media (via MMAJunkie.com):

“That doesn’t sit well with me. I’m very multi-cultural and a very multi-cultured individual, and I don’t have any ill feelings toward any – I don’t even see color. I just wanted to say something and have a little bit of fun with it. I just wanted to play with it and address it in my own little way. It’s stupid, and it’s ridiculous is basically what I was getting at.”

“Notorious” and “Money” are getting ready for the final stop on their tour. The last press conference takes place today (July 14) and will be held inside the SSE Arena, Wembley in London, England. Their boxing clash takes place inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Click here to view the article.

Back