Better chest develpment?? Incline or flat bench??

alero said:
The straighter your arms are on pullovers the more it hits your chest.
The bend of your elbows hits the back.

Totally, 100% dissagree.

One of the absolute most effective back exercises, is standing lat pull down pull-overs. Those are done with elbows locked (straight armed). As soon as the arm bends, the stress is taken off the back.

Changed my chest workout temporarily based on this conversation, not really. My chest is solid but bottom heavy. I went and perhaps overworked on 10 sets up dumbell inclines. Ended at failure with about 2 reps at the last set with 120. I went onto some cables. Got the inner chest working, only did 3 sets at 8 reps. My old workout used to be 4 sets of flat warmups plus 10x225, 8x265, 6x 315 and 4x335. I would then go to 4 sets of incline and 4 of decline; then hit the fly machine. I dunno, see how starting with inclines works out.

When I flare my elbows it helps me to flare my lats, and in turn allows me to really concentrate on the feel and the pump.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

There are 2 types of pullover- the muscle building one, and the rib cage expanding one. both involve moving resistance from behind your head. The former has your elbows bent while the other keeps your arms straight.

Muscle building pullover will take the following muscles into use, lats, pectorials,triceps and abdominal wall.

mass-master said:
Bro's was just wondering when coming up with your different routines when going to the gym(I switch mine up every 4 weeks) do you use more incline work for chest or more flat benck.

My chest routine is the following

- Hammer Strength Incline Press 4x10 reps
- Incline Dumbell Press 4x10 reps
- Incline Dumbell Flye 4x10 reps
- Cable Crossover 4x10 reps

I guess a combination of various exercises is the best key to chest development.

Okay, lets talk pullovers, is there a differece between dumbell. machine, cable pull down and mustacse bar pullovers? What if any different areas do they focus on? I did back today, and my gym olny has 110lb mustasce bars. I went with the heavier dumbells. I thought my chest was slightly pumped afterward although I don't use this in a chest routine.

body2see said:
As for banning Chaps, I think it might have been a bit harsh. In our testosterone fueled discussions, everyone at times will become irritable, pissed off, and over react whether or not they are right or wrong. It goes with the territory. So long as the problem between the members can be solved, I for one am a proponent of reinstating Chaps...he has been a decent member with some good things to say, he is as valued to me, as is Big A. I'd like to see them both here, whether or not their opinions vary, regardless of who is right.

Chaps was not banned because he was arguing. He was banned because he was a rude disrespectful f*ck!

Glen Whitestone said:
Okay, lets talk pullovers, is there a differece between dumbell. machine, cable pull down and mustacse bar pullovers? What if any different areas do they focus on? I did back today, and my gym olny has 110lb mustasce bars. I went with the heavier dumbells. I thought my chest was slightly pumped afterward although I don't use this in a chest routine.

When performed correctly, they would all do the same thing.

The reason why you feel other muscles to SOME degree, is because you never just use one set of mucles when you do an exercise.
If you do bench presses, your abs could be sore afterwards be sore afterwards because you tensed them, just like your legs could be sore becuase you tensed them to plant them into the ground as you were pushing the weight. But you don't do bench presses to make your legs bigger now, do you?
Same thing with pullovers - biomechanically they are a back exercise. Regardless of wherever you might 'feel' the movement. If youflex your abs when youpull the weight, then your abs will be sore too. It doesn't mean that pullovers are an ab exercise.

And please noone bring up the posters that are still on some gym walls around the world, that are over 20 years old now that show pullovers as a chest exercise!

BigA is right, pullovers are not for chest development. Sure you stretch a bit, but that isn't what it is for.

That turd Chaps emailed me to ask why I banned him???
So I told him because he was disrespectful, so this was his reply:

>--- Corey Chappelle <[email protected]> wrote:

You can't ban someone for being disrespectful! I've been their longer
than you, you jackass!
-----------------------------------------

I guess the cretin can't even read join dates. Serious issues with this kid.

So I told him to say this to my face at the Olympia if he has the balls.
So he replied:

>--- Corey Chappelle [email protected] wrote:
> >YOur a fuckin joke lol. Can't even talk it out like aman you gotta
block
>me like some bitch, go eat a dick you faggot motherfucker, lol. >
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, he was a real asset to have around here :suspect: :rolleyes:

I disagree there is NO REASON why someone would have to act like a 2 yr old and when banned even act more fricken stupid. It's about respect here!!! Not my dad can beat up your dad kind-of thing. The banned was made for that reason the threats, the disrespect and more then anything calling out a senior member and telling him he is a f-cking fagot. Give me a brake this is not high school or the playground.
Again we are all here for the same perpose KNOWLEDGE. Not to call names. Let me tell you this YES we are all ful of test and our selfs at times. Bit will say this out of RESPECT for Big A and Presser.............have spoke to big A myself and have found him to be one of the most knowledgeabl bro's here. NICE guy and never disrespetful.
I agree with the bann and stand behind this .........even if I am a NEWBIE later MM

Back