Bodybuilder Joe Mackey Sets a Massive 860-lb (390-kg) Deadlift Two-Rep PR

Muscle Insider

The professional bodybuilding scene has seen quite a few strength freaks, but one that has stood out in the past few years is Joe Mackey. Joe is an IFBB Pro with an extremely remarkable physique, but he is often recognized for his deadlift prowess. In fact, as per his Instagram description, Joe holds the heaviest deadlift in the IFBB. So, he is doing everything in his power to hold onto this title, despite it being unofficial. Most recently, Joe displayed another step of improvement by sharing an 860-pound (390-kilogram) deadlift two-rep PR.
Being an IFBB Pro, Joe Mackey still dedicates the majority of his time to bodybuilding. However, he somehow finds time to work on his deadlifts, which is why he was able to come out with a brand new PR. For the 860-pound (390-kilogram) deadlift, Mackey only used a lifting belt and a pair of lifting straps. He also chose the conventional stance for this two-rep PR, since it is something that suits him the best.
“It’s been 3 weeks since I’ve felt some heavy weight on deadlifts so I had to do everything to activate my CNS so I’m extra lit ? ! Lol ?”
Watch Joe Mackey’s lift here:

Related: Bodybuilder Joe Mackey Scores 800-lb (362.9-kg) Raw Deadlift For Four-Rep PR
Joe Mackey is also an entrepreneur, leading multiple businesses, but that does not stop him from pursuing his goals in the world of fitness. He has previously stated that his goal is to deadlift 1,000 pounds (453.6 kilograms) and he is slowly progressing towards it.
Joe Mackey was unofficial the first IFBB Pro to deadlift 900 pounds (408.2 kilograms) in April of 2022, but he managed to add another 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms) to his PR at the start of this year.
As far as his bodybuilding career goes, Joe Mackey had one of his most successful years in 2022. Firstly he put up a fifth-place finish at the 2022 IFBB Tampa Pro, and followed it by placing ninth at the 2022 IFBB Texas Pro.
Joe Mackey has also been active with other parts of his fitness journey, such as sharing it on the internet. So, Joe recently posted an epic cheat meal, what he puts in his grocery bags, as well as achievements on other exercises such as the hack squat.

Related: Bodybuilder Joe Mackey Shows Off Insanely Shredded Physique Ahead Of 2022 IFBB Tampa & Texas Pro
Joe Mackey has been setting deadlift PRs on a very frequent basis, proving that his training program is working perfectly. Although he has to put in a lot more work, Joe is approaching his goal and becoming the first pro bodybuilder to deadlift 1,000 pounds (453.6 kilograms) is now looking like a realistic opportunity for him.
Published: 8 July, 2023 | 12:28 PM EDT

Joseph-Mackey-860lb-Deadlift.jpg
The professional bodybuilding scene has seen quite a few strength freaks, but one that has stood out in the past few years is Joe Mackey. Joe is an IFBB Pro with an extremely remarkable physique, but he is often recognized for his deadlift prowess. In fact, as per his Instagram description, Joe holds the heaviest deadlift in the IFBB. So, he is doing everything in his power to hold onto this title, despite it being unofficial. Most recently, Joe displayed another step of improvement by sharing an 860-pound (390-kilogram) deadlift two-rep PR.

Being an IFBB Pro, Joe Mackey still dedicates the majority of his time to bodybuilding. However, he somehow finds time to work on his deadlifts, which is why he was able to come out with a brand new PR. For the 860-pound (390-kilogram) deadlift, Mackey only used a lifting belt and a pair of lifting straps. He also chose the conventional stance for this two-rep PR, since it is something that suits him the best.

“It’s been 3 weeks since I’ve felt some heavy weight on deadlifts so I had to do everything to activate my CNS so I’m extra lit ? ! Lol ?”

[/quote]
Watch Joe Mackey’s lift here:

Related: Bodybuilder Joe Mackey Scores 800-lb (362.9-kg) Raw Deadlift For Four-Rep PR

Joe Mackey is also an entrepreneur, leading multiple businesses, but that does not stop him from pursuing his goals in the world of fitness. He has previously stated that his goal is to deadlift 1,000 pounds (453.6 kilograms) and he is slowly progressing towards it.

Joe Mackey was unofficial the first IFBB Pro to deadlift 900 pounds (408.2 kilograms) in April of 2022, but he managed to add another 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms) to his PR at the start of this year.

As far as his bodybuilding career goes, Joe Mackey had one of his most successful years in 2022. Firstly he put up a fifth-place finish at the 2022 IFBB Tampa Pro, and followed it by placing ninth at the 2022 IFBB Texas Pro.

Joe Mackey has also been active with other parts of his fitness journey, such as sharing it on the internet. So, Joe recently posted an epic cheat meal, what he puts in his grocery bags, as well as achievements on other exercises such as the hack squat.

Related: Bodybuilder Joe Mackey Shows Off Insanely Shredded Physique Ahead Of 2022 IFBB Tampa & Texas Pro

Joe Mackey has been setting deadlift PRs on a very frequent basis, proving that his training program is working perfectly. Although he has to put in a lot more work, Joe is approaching his goal and becoming the first pro bodybuilder to deadlift 1,000 pounds (453.6 kilograms) is now looking like a realistic opportunity for him.

Published: 8 July, 2023 | 12:28 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back