Brag or complain about something Gym related....

That sucks Spidey, my apartment gym doesn't have squat for squats either..lol (see what I did there). I improvise though. They have a machine for bench and the handlebar is adjustable so I put it on the lowest setting and do squats with that. Luckily my shoulders are wide enough that's it only slightly awkward. *sigh*

yeah, last night i had to wait for one. Im trying to focus on lower quads, but i still like to do about 4 sets of squats to wear them out a bit.

Yesterday i hit chest on db's mostly, i get so annoyed by people that just stand around and talk. I sweat like michael jordan at the end of a game during workouts so i like to go to the paper towel machine to wipe my head every so often so i dont get a ton of sweat in my eyes. Well yesterday theres 3 worthless souls just standing around waiting 5 minutes in between sets on the pulleys and just congregating around the paper town dispenser. Not that they were doing anything wrong it is just dumbfounding how people wont use a cellphone to catch up they feel they have to stand in everyones way and look like complete tools in the gym to catch up. I walked over and said excuse me,,,, excuse me,,,,, nobody even budged finally i just said HEY, they all turned around i said if your gonna gossip get the fuck out of everyone elses way. got my paper towels and went back to my bench. They all stood there dumbfounded and stared at me during my set after i racked the db's i turned around and smiled at them about 5 minutes later they busted out their last set and left. Does this make anyone else wanna punch a baby? Man even if people arent in my way it gets on my nerves. A gym is to workout not be little bitches and talk all fuckin afternoon.

That is annoying. I also think it's annoying when I see a guy go to the gym and he's lifting amounts that my little sister could put up. ESPECIALLY, when he is occupying the machine/equipment I want to use. I'm not the biggest or strongest guy in the world, but I train hard and push my body. If you aren't giving it your all why even bother? I dunno, I guess good for them that they are not just sitting on the couch eating potato chips, but c'mon.

Or just quietly get the paper towels and leave a nasty protein shake crop duster to linger and see how long it takes them to clear out. lol

I didn't think I would have one to share, but I was wrong: At my gym, we have a raised platform with an olympic bar that is obviously used for deads, but last night this guy that I hadn't seen before--he was actually quite a big guy, probably 20-21" arms--he gets up there and starts doing curls on it. That is the first time I have ever seen the deadlift platform being used for curls. I suppose no one in the gym could see him well enough so he had to get up on the platform so everyone could see.

^^ lmao thats great man i got an lol out of that.

I had a kinda shitty back day. Just strength wasnt there, i trained hard as shit and went mostly drop sets intensity was just low. It happens ill bounce back on legs tomorrow.

Seems like i have a story everyday haha. Well i was hitting leg press today dont go crazy heavy on it but i had like 650 on it, go down let it touch the stop then push up very slow and solid reps. Ended up killing my legs with it. Anyways i take my 7 plates off each side and in walks some fat douchebag wearing underarmer under a tanktop . He looks at me and goes you dont wit dis, no shit just like that. I say yes nock it out. I go over to the leg curl machine and keep hearing plates i look over and this fucker is still loading plates. I honestly think he had over 1500 pounds loaded on this thing. At first i looked like this :eek: theres no way. Then he got all ready jumped down on the seat pushed it up and unlocked the weight, brought it down about 1 or 2 inches from where the lock stops the weight and does 6 reps locks it out and stands up like some hardcore freak lol. I laughed out loud as i walked by and he just kinda looked at me. He then puts more plates on it i dont know how much weight he had but that shit was fully loaded, did the same thing but not quite as low this time. He honestly could have done all his sets without unlocking the weight it was halarious i had a hard time concentrating as i watched him in the mirror laughing and doing this at the same time

I'm in the gym all day and you wouldn't believe some of the shit i see. However, the thing that pisses me off the most is slamming weights. DB's and machines. Some of these ass clowns make the weight stacks on the machines clank every rep. Or grunt out the big DB's for half reps then drop them from waist high. One day I swear I'll get fired for blowing a gasket on someone.

This one comes from a few months ago in Guam. There's this doucher who works at the gym and thinks he's a lot bigger than he actually is. He blasts his 2Pac loud enough for me to hear the lyrics through his headphones, mouths the lyrics between sets, and shadow boxes while doing it. Anyway, one day me and a buddy are squatting and this guy is flat DB pressing. He grabs the 70's and does a set grunting his ass off. His spotter looks annoyed. Well on his next set, he musters out a few reps, pauses at the top, say, "I'm a BEAST!" then proceeds to puss out a final rep. I look at my buddy and we start dying laughing. Shit, even his spotter was lookin at him like he was a dumb ass. A few weeks later the guy tears a quad trying to max out on leg extensions. Who fuckin tries that? Oh well, serves the beast right :D

Yesterday i hit chest on db's mostly, i get so annoyed by people that just stand around and talk. I sweat like michael jordan at the end of a game during workouts so i like to go to the paper towel machine to wipe my head every so often so i dont get a ton of sweat in my eyes. Well yesterday theres 3 worthless souls just standing around waiting 5 minutes in between sets on the pulleys and just congregating around the paper town dispenser. Not that they were doing anything wrong it is just dumbfounding how people wont use a cellphone to catch up they feel they have to stand in everyones way and look like complete tools in the gym to catch up. I walked over and said excuse me,,,, excuse me,,,,, nobody even budged finally i just said HEY, they all turned around i said if your gonna gossip get the fuck out of everyone elses way. got my paper towels and went back to my bench. They all stood there dumbfounded and stared at me during my set after i racked the db's i turned around and smiled at them about 5 minutes later they busted out their last set and left. Does this make anyone else wanna punch a baby? Man even if people arent in my way it gets on my nerves. A gym is to workout not be little bitches and talk all fuckin afternoon.

ALOT of people tend to think a gym is just a social club with monthly dues.

Or grunt out the big DB's for half reps then drop them from waist high. One day I swear I'll get fired for blowing a gasket on someone.

We had a guy doing that the other day. Dumb idiot did it too many times and actually broke a 120 lb dumbbell.

the only time i ever let a DB hit the ground is when im doing DC stretches for chest. Most of the time after i stretch for that long i just have t drop them theres just no way i can get them back up after that hard of a workout and stretch. Other then that even over 100ilb db's i just turn touch my knees and bouce up.

the only time i ever let a DB hit the ground is when im doing DC stretches for chest. Most of the time after i stretch for that long i just have t drop them theres just no way i can get them back up after that hard of a workout and stretch. Other then that even over 100ilb db's i just turn touch my knees and bouce up.

im the exact same way. and the DB's dropped during DC stretching usually aren't that big and loud anyways.

The guy I saw dropping dumbbells dropped them from pretty far up. He should have known better.

I have to say I'm getting extremely pissed off at the high school kids who come in and think they are all badass.

Here's a funny high schooler story: A while ago, I saw two young guys trying to squat in the squat rack (not a cage)--which was at least nice that they were using it for what it is for--BUT they were facing the opposite direction. If they had been in a cage, they would have been fine, but they were using your typical squat rack that curves up. The idiots were facing out instead of in so if they had to dump the weight, they would have ended up hurting themselves and/or someone else who happened to be walking nearby. I nicely asked them if there was a particular reason they were facing the wrong way although I think I might have scared them because I haven't seen them do squats since, lol.

^^ lol that would suck if they had to dump it.

Havent hit the gym this week im gonna hit it hard tomorrow though. cant wait.

The guy I saw dropping dumbbells dropped them from pretty far up. He should have known better.

I have to say I'm getting extremely pissed off at the high school kids who come in and think they are all badass.

Here's a funny high schooler story: A while ago, I saw two young guys trying to squat in the squat rack (not a cage)--which was at least nice that they were using it for what it is for--BUT they were facing the opposite direction. If they had been in a cage, they would have been fine, but they were using your typical squat rack that curves up. The idiots were facing out instead of in so if they had to dump the weight, they would have ended up hurting themselves and/or someone else who happened to be walking nearby. I nicely asked them if there was a particular reason they were facing the wrong way although I think I might have scared them because I haven't seen them do squats since, lol.

there's these 2 guys at my gym, kinda young, real cut up but not that big. They come in and use the worst form Ive seen in a while trying to move more weight. Even 225lbs on the squat and they do 1/4 or 1/8 squats. They are dedicated to training as I see them there all the time. But I just want to go up and slap them and say "EAT MOTHERFUCKER! EAT!"

Back