CrossFit Stars Katrin Davi?ðsdo?ttir, Amanda Barnhart, and Sam Kwant Join Mat Fraser’s HWPO

Muscle Insider

Five-time Fittest Man on Earth® Mat Fraser’s training camp, HWPO (Hard Work Pays Off), just added three high-profile athletes to its ranks. According to Morning Chalk Up, Katrin Davi?ðsdo?ttir, Amanda Barnhart, and Sam Kwant will all be part of the group for the 2023 season.
The trio joins 2022 CrossFit Games Women’s division runner-up Mal O’Brien, and seventh-place Men’s division finisher Jayson Hopper, as the most high-profile members of HWPO. Strongman Rob Kearney is also a part of the group as the leader of HWPO Strong, a strength-focused program that’s part of the camp’s app.
“It’s a new journey for us, but it’s also a very familiar one – not only for Mat and I but a big part of the HWPO team,” Davi?ðsdo?ttir said. “I am extremely excited for the opportunity to be coached by the HWPO training team and Mat!”

[Related: 10 Iconic Moments From the 2022 CrossFit Games]
Superstar Additions
All three new members pack serious credentials: Davi?ðsdo?ttir is a two-time Fittest Woman on Earth®, Kwant landed a second-place finish at the CrossFit Games in 2020, and Barnhart has qualified for the Games five times, highlighted by seventh-place finishes in 2019 and 2020.
While Davi?ðsdo?ttir didn’t qualify for the Games in 2022, Kwant and Barnhart did, finishing fourth and 14th, respectively.
“When we thought about taking on more athletes, it was really about who would fit our culture,” HWPO President Matt O’Keefe, said. “We’ve been friends with these people for years, and our values line up, and they are a perfect fit. We are all ready to get to work together.”

[Related: 15 Exercises for CrossFit Beginners to Learn to Build a Strong Base]
A Reunion of Sorts
The trio all previously trained with coach Ben Bergeron at CompTrain in Massachusetts. However, it’s more of a reunion for Kwant and Barnhart, who will be reteaming with Harry Palley, who coached them both at CompTrain and recently moved over to HWPO.
Harry Palley has been my coach for many years and I’m grateful to continue to have him in my corner.
According to O’Keefe, none of the athletes are moving to Vermont, where HWPO operates, but they will “spend significant time together throughout the season.”
In August 2022, Barnhart posted to her Instagram page that she was moving back to Ohio to be closer to her family. Davi?ðsdo?ttir moved back to Iceland in late 2021 when she left CompTrain.
The first significant event of the 2023 CrossFit season is the CrossFit Open, which starts on February 16, 2023. Expect the HWPO athletes to play a considerable role across the 2023 season.
Featured Image: @katrintanja on Instagram // Photo by @butterybros

Five-time Fittest Man on Earth® Mat Fraser’s training camp, HWPO (Hard Work Pays Off), just added three high-profile athletes to its ranks. According to Morning Chalk Up, Katrin Davi?ðsdo?ttir, Amanda Barnhart, and Sam Kwant will all be part of the group for the 2023 season.

The trio joins 2022 CrossFit Games Women’s division runner-up Mal O’Brien, and seventh-place Men’s division finisher Jayson Hopper, as the most high-profile members of HWPO. Strongman Rob Kearney is also a part of the group as the leader of HWPO Strong, a strength-focused program that’s part of the camp’s app.

“It’s a new journey for us, but it’s also a very familiar one – not only for Mat and I but a big part of the HWPO team,” Davi?ðsdo?ttir said. “I am extremely excited for the opportunity to be coached by the HWPO training team and Mat!”

[/quote]
[Related: 10 Iconic Moments From the 2022 CrossFit Games]

Superstar Additions
All three new members pack serious credentials: Davi?ðsdo?ttir is a two-time Fittest Woman on Earth®, Kwant landed a second-place finish at the CrossFit Games in 2020, and Barnhart has qualified for the Games five times, highlighted by seventh-place finishes in 2019 and 2020.

While Davi?ðsdo?ttir didn’t qualify for the Games in 2022, Kwant and Barnhart did, finishing fourth and 14th, respectively.

“When we thought about taking on more athletes, it was really about who would fit our culture,” HWPO President Matt O’Keefe, said. “We’ve been friends with these people for years, and our values line up, and they are a perfect fit. We are all ready to get to work together.”

[/quote]
[Related: 15 Exercises for CrossFit Beginners to Learn to Build a Strong Base]

A Reunion of Sorts
The trio all previously trained with coach Ben Bergeron at CompTrain in Massachusetts. However, it’s more of a reunion for Kwant and Barnhart, who will be reteaming with Harry Palley, who coached them both at CompTrain and recently moved over to HWPO.

Harry Palley has been my coach for many years and I’m grateful to continue to have him in my corner.

[/quote]
According to O’Keefe, none of the athletes are moving to Vermont, where HWPO operates, but they will “spend significant time together throughout the season.”

In August 2022, Barnhart posted to her Instagram page that she was moving back to Ohio to be closer to her family. Davi?ðsdo?ttir moved back to Iceland in late 2021 when she left CompTrain.

The first significant event of the 2023 CrossFit season is the CrossFit Open, which starts on February 16, 2023. Expect the HWPO athletes to play a considerable role across the 2023 season.

Featured Image: @katrintanja on Instagram // Photo by @butterybros

Click here to view the article.

Back