Doggcrapp

wwwm/pumped:::I would think the hardest part about DC training would the mentle feeling you were not doing enough sets

Doggcrapp:: good god aint that the truth. That is the bain of my existence. If i had a nickel for every guy I heard tell me "am i doing enough? I dont think im doing enough!" Id be a guy with ummm alot of nickels. Six months later they weigh 40lbs more and they see why I had them do things a certain way but it sure is hard convincing them of that initially. I appreciate Skips comments up above and it goes both ways...I push my clients toward Skip to take them into shows because of 2 things--what ive read on anabolex by him and in google searches (this archive comes up) all his journal was pretty facinating to me--secondly after clients started telling me they used his methods or went into shows with his help and they were right on the money (after being lost in previous shows) I started taking them down to about 4-6 weeks out and pushing them toward skip to dial them in. Its also nice to see RayBravo and Homonucleus on here as I like to read both of what they have to say alot (usually Ray on bb.com and homonucleus on Pro muscle). I like a challenge so I want everybody to put me on the hotcooker concerning some of my clients in this forum. JonnyO-he and I are going to skip over a whole weight class and shock the hell out of some people--he last competed as a lightheavy. NO MORE--we are going to do our damndest to skip the heavies totally and jump one whole class up to the superheavies. I want to see some judges jaws drop! Im very happy with his progress so far and we are on our way with that. Babygetoboy (32lbs in his first 6 weeks with me) he is one of my favorites because he is as determined as any bodybuilder ive ever seen. He did not miss a meal and only missed on one set in 7 weeks--pretty damn amazing. (And that one set pissed him off--I knew i had a caged lion when I saw how pissed he was) He hit right around 220lbs and we are going to push it hardcore to get to 250lbs as fast as we can with him (and then onward). I believe I saw my man Kane on another post on this board and Im trying to figure out who pencil is because I must know him by a different name other than pencil. I dont know how much I will be able to post--it comes and goes as far as my free time but right now I seem to be everyone and their brothers New Years resolution so its been pretty crazy. As alot of you know I only take on 1-3 guys a month so I got a trail of people pissed off at me right now for refusing them at the moment. Because of my time restraints I had to pull out of the World gym championships i had planned on doing in March but I picked another show (time willing) later in the year IM focusing on and I guess you dont have to guess who I asked for help bringing me in prepwise for the show. I cannot stress the importance it is to have someone like Skip to take you into a show. The last month before a show is so nervewracking and your so insecure every time you look in the mirror (Am I big enough? Christ am I shredded? Should I zero carb it for 4 days? Man I look like shit. Are my hamstrings in? etc etc etc) You need someone to take the reins and say "come with me Ill get you thru this, dont worry about it, let me worry bout this and that and you do exactly what I tell you to do"---that is so incredibly important. I have seen so many competitors just disengrate the last 4 weeks and self destruct. Last year I was online right near the USA championships and 2 national competitors going for their pro cards instant messaged me and said "Dante do you think im doing this right? My freind tells me I should do this but I emailed "blanketed blank" and he said I should do this--what do you think?" What do i think? I THINK YOUR ON A ONE WAY TICKET TO FREAKIN DESTRUCTION! Listen to one guy who knows his shit and one guy only! Trust in him and what he has to say. Its disrespectful to him and (yourself) to use 20% of his advice and then 1/5th from that guy and 1/5th from that pro and 1/5th from that judge and 1/5th from your good freind Petey. My big pet peeve in this sport is people who bomb in a show and it was because they listened to 6 different people and then blame it on the guy who they said took them in with precontest prep-that pisses me off to no end. Dont be that guy please. I am 98% sure of one thing (off topic)-that Chad Nichols either used exactly or used a direct variation of Skips shitload technique with Ronnie Coleman at the Olympia last year. Previously Coleman had too long a carb up phase and came in distended every single time for years. Then 2 years ago they tried to bring him in non distended by coming way down and a slightly different carb up and he came in small and flat as a pancake (248lbs!)and yet still distended---Last year full hard and enourmous and Chad even hinted that he used a dramatic different approach that severely shorted the carb up time of Ronnie and that equaled no distention. He will never get the credit for it from one pre contest prep guy to another but I believe skip should get some recognition because the timing of skips online journal and methods with the timing of what chad did with Ronnie last year--just make sense. I believe the method was borrowed. Kamali has a tendency to come in shredded but a little bit flat at his shows and I bet you any money that the same shitload method will be worked with King this year (especially seeing how full he is looking this year 6 weeks out on the mayhem board) --oh damn got to get a meal in--later

DC, thanks so much for the kind word, it means a lot and gives me great motivation. He is truly the man, with a wealth of knowledge and is gonna get my to 300 damn soon (well within 5 years!) Once I'm big enough and ready to do some competitions, I'll be sure to go with Skip, if he's good enough for DC, he's better that good enough for me!

Dante,

Pencil = Gorilla

Nice to see you made it over here, I will email you my update in about 2 weeks.

This is why after some thinking I am also going to start training with DC after me and skip win the SHW class in MAY.

DC Its PUMPED and I am holding you to that 300lbs mark bro. Like I said before see you in 5 months.

Thanks, DC

DOGGCRAPP said:

Doggcrapp:: < snip > Its also nice to see RayBravo and Homonucleus on here as I like to read both of what they have to say alot (usually Ray on bb.com and homonucleus on Pro muscle).

< snip >

I am 98% sure of one thing (off topic)-that Chad Nichols either used exactly or used a direct variation of Skips shitload technique with Ronnie Coleman at the Olympia last year. Previously Coleman had too long a carb up phase and came in distended every single time for years. Then 2 years ago they tried to bring him in non distended by coming way down and a slightly different carb up and he came in small and flat as a pancake (248lbs!)and yet still distended---Last year full hard and enourmous and Chad even hinted that he used a dramatic different approach that severely shorted the carb up time of Ronnie and that equaled no distention. He will never get the credit for it from one pre contest prep guy to another but I believe skip should get some recognition because the timing of skips online journal and methods with the timing of what chad did with Ronnie last year--just make sense. I believe the method was borrowed. Kamali has a tendency to come in shredded but a little bit flat at his shows and I bet you any money that the same shitload method will be worked with King this year (especially seeing how full he is looking this year 6 weeks out on the mayhem board) --oh damn got to get a meal in--later

Thanks for the compliment, DC. That means quite a bit. (Also, I'm glad to see that that there are a few more out there who read some of the stuff I blabber about. LOL).

I have been hearing for a several years now that pro's and nat. level guys have been doing carb-ups with junk food, before I even knew Skip or had heard of Zilla and the shitload. Have you heard the same?...

Congrats on the success of your guys - must be great to work with guys like that. (I have a client - actually a trainer himself - who simply will NOT keep his volume down. He just won't do it. He curses at me to no end when I train him and then gets a little cocky near the end of our sessions, wanting to do more. ("Is that it?") I could go on, but the most amazing thing about him is how smart he is - how he KNOWS that he's overtraining, but can't help himself. Poor guy's a volume addict.)

-Randy

Back