Eddie Hall Reveals His Top 3 Predictions For The 2023 World’s Strongest Man

Muscle Insider

As the 2023 World’s Strongest Man competition approaches, taking place in Myrtle Beach, SC from April 19-23, anticipation is high among fans who are busy making their predictions for the event. However, who better to predict this year’s WSM champion than a man who has already won this prestigious competition in the past. So, Eddie Hall went to YouTube in order to give his thoughts on what this year’s final leaderboards could look like. He gave his thoughts on the competitors, events, format and, most importantly, the potential podium finishers.
In the beginning of his YouTube video, Eddie Hall addressed the significance of the World’s Strongest Man titles. To win this competition was his biggest goal in Strongman, and he managed to win it in 2017. He holds the view that even individuals who are not enthusiasts of Strongman would aspire to be referred to as the World’s Strongest Man.
“To be the World’s Strongest Man is probably one of the most childhood dream titles that people dream of. If you ask a man if they want to be the World’s Strongest Man and they say no, they are lying.”
Continuing his thoughts on the 2023 World’s Strongest Man, Eddie Hall addressed the lineup, believing that the majority of the 30 competitors have the potential to make it into the finals. However, only ten men will make it into the final, with only two men progressing from each group. The six groups of the qualifying portion of the 2023 World’s Strongest Man have also been revealed recently.
“This is my dream final going in, my top ten: Tom Stoltman, Luke Stoltman, Pavlo Kordiyaka, Oleksii Novikov, Mitchell Hooper, Trey Mitchell, Aivars Smaukstelis, Kevin Faires, Adam Bishop, Evan Singleton, Brian Shaw. That is eleven, but whatever.”

Eddie Hall also reviewed all of the events for the 2023 World’s Strongest Man and shared his thoughts on the format of the competition. He believes that the events will be more beneficial towards bigger and heavier guys, but surprises still may happen.
“I think it is really leaning towards the heavier men this year… I think it is going to be a heavy, heavy final. I think that is going to suit the bigger, taller, heavier guys.”
Finally, the most important part of Eddie Hall’s video is the prediction. Eddie revealed that it is difficult to make an accurate prediction, seeing that the winner will have to be very consistent. However, he was able to round out his top three.
“I’m not going to say who is going to win, because I am friends with all these people. I don’t want to put anyone down. My top three are definitely Brian Shaw, Tom Stoltman, and Trey Mitchell. Just because of the sheer size and bodyweight of these guys… I think it is going to be a very tight final this year.”
Eddie Hall did not specify the exact order on the podium, so any of these three men will win the competition. Regardless, he did point out a few more names that could shake up the top three. Those are Oleksii Novikov, Pavlo Kordiyaka, Evan Singleton, Mateusz Kieliszkowski.
Eddie Hall also revealed that he will be the presenter for CBS America and Channel 5 UK, both of which will broadcast the 2023 World’s Strongest Man on TV later this summer. However, a live stream during the competition will not be available. So, you can keep track of results, records, news, and more right here on our website.
Watch Eddie Hall’s video here:

Related: Eddie Hall Reflects On Eating 20,000 Calories A Day And What It Costs To Be a Strongman
Eddie Hall was inactive in a professional sense since retiring from Strongman in 2017 until three years later when he announced a boxing match against Hafthor Bjornsson. After some prolonging, the match finally took place in 2022, with Bjornsson coming out victorious. However, Hall was gracious in defeat and decided to move on. He is currently preparing for a bodybuilding show that should take place in late 2024. In order to prepare to the best of his abilities, Hall partnered up with some of his bodybuilding friends like Jay Cutler, Jamie Christian-Johal, Larry Wheels, and others to learn more about the principles of training for this sport.
As a Strongman, Eddie Hall was one of the biggest freaks in the sport, even becoming the first man to deadlift 500 kilograms (1,102.3 pounds) in 2016. His stationary strength was off the charts and many believed that he could win more titles if he continued competing. However, Eddie realized that he was endangering his health and that there was no point in competing after becoming the World’s Strongest Man. He is now chasing other challenges and seems to be quite successful in achieving them.
Find complete coverage of the 2023 World’s Strongest Man, including exclusive interviews, event recaps, analysis, and results at our WSM coverage hub: FitnessVolt.com/wsm
Published: 18 April, 2023 | 5:30 PM EDT

Eddie-Hall-Predicts-2023-WSM.jpg
As the 2023 World’s Strongest Man competition approaches, taking place in Myrtle Beach, SC from April 19-23, anticipation is high among fans who are busy making their predictions for the event. However, who better to predict this year’s WSM champion than a man who has already won this prestigious competition in the past. So, Eddie Hall went to YouTube in order to give his thoughts on what this year’s final leaderboards could look like. He gave his thoughts on the competitors, events, format and, most importantly, the potential podium finishers.

In the beginning of his YouTube video, Eddie Hall addressed the significance of the World’s Strongest Man titles. To win this competition was his biggest goal in Strongman, and he managed to win it in 2017. He holds the view that even individuals who are not enthusiasts of Strongman would aspire to be referred to as the World’s Strongest Man.

“To be the World’s Strongest Man is probably one of the most childhood dream titles that people dream of. If you ask a man if they want to be the World’s Strongest Man and they say no, they are lying.”

[/quote]
Continuing his thoughts on the 2023 World’s Strongest Man, Eddie Hall addressed the lineup, believing that the majority of the 30 competitors have the potential to make it into the finals. However, only ten men will make it into the final, with only two men progressing from each group. The six groups of the qualifying portion of the 2023 World’s Strongest Man have also been revealed recently.

“This is my dream final going in, my top ten: Tom Stoltman, Luke Stoltman, Pavlo Kordiyaka, Oleksii Novikov, Mitchell Hooper, Trey Mitchell, Aivars Smaukstelis, Kevin Faires, Adam Bishop, Evan Singleton, Brian Shaw. That is eleven, but whatever.”

[/quote]

Eddie Hall also reviewed all of the events for the 2023 World’s Strongest Man and shared his thoughts on the format of the competition. He believes that the events will be more beneficial towards bigger and heavier guys, but surprises still may happen.

“I think it is really leaning towards the heavier men this year… I think it is going to be a heavy, heavy final. I think that is going to suit the bigger, taller, heavier guys.”

[/quote]
Finally, the most important part of Eddie Hall’s video is the prediction. Eddie revealed that it is difficult to make an accurate prediction, seeing that the winner will have to be very consistent. However, he was able to round out his top three.

“I’m not going to say who is going to win, because I am friends with all these people. I don’t want to put anyone down. My top three are definitely Brian Shaw, Tom Stoltman, and Trey Mitchell. Just because of the sheer size and bodyweight of these guys… I think it is going to be a very tight final this year.”

[/quote]
Eddie Hall did not specify the exact order on the podium, so any of these three men will win the competition. Regardless, he did point out a few more names that could shake up the top three. Those are Oleksii Novikov, Pavlo Kordiyaka, Evan Singleton, Mateusz Kieliszkowski.

Eddie Hall also revealed that he will be the presenter for CBS America and Channel 5 UK, both of which will broadcast the 2023 World’s Strongest Man on TV later this summer. However, a live stream during the competition will not be available. So, you can keep track of results, records, news, and more right here on our website.

Watch Eddie Hall’s video here:

Related: Eddie Hall Reflects On Eating 20,000 Calories A Day And What It Costs To Be a Strongman

Eddie Hall was inactive in a professional sense since retiring from Strongman in 2017 until three years later when he announced a boxing match against Hafthor Bjornsson. After some prolonging, the match finally took place in 2022, with Bjornsson coming out victorious. However, Hall was gracious in defeat and decided to move on. He is currently preparing for a bodybuilding show that should take place in late 2024. In order to prepare to the best of his abilities, Hall partnered up with some of his bodybuilding friends like Jay Cutler, Jamie Christian-Johal, Larry Wheels, and others to learn more about the principles of training for this sport.

As a Strongman, Eddie Hall was one of the biggest freaks in the sport, even becoming the first man to deadlift 500 kilograms (1,102.3 pounds) in 2016. His stationary strength was off the charts and many believed that he could win more titles if he continued competing. However, Eddie realized that he was endangering his health and that there was no point in competing after becoming the World’s Strongest Man. He is now chasing other challenges and seems to be quite successful in achieving them.

Find complete coverage of the 2023 World’s Strongest Man, including exclusive interviews, event recaps, analysis, and results at our WSM coverage hub: FitnessVolt.com/wsm

Published: 18 April, 2023 | 5:30 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back