FILTER PAPER PLEASE

No 47 is the size of the membrane and 22 is the thickness.. and u only have to filter once bro.. but each membrane serve dif purposes .. so getting the right one is the most important part in filtering.. and having a machine vacation pump with tht filtration is a must for filtering quick. As the filtration process needs to be filtered as fast as Possiable.. if not then bacteria could set into ur finished ass.. not to mention tht the cooler ur brew comes while filter the chance u could loose hormone In ur membrane leading to loose potency as well as clogging ur membrane.. and this type of filtering dosnt work good for micro brewing fellas... big brews are really only needed for this type of filtration.. however they do have dif sizes of flasks for smaller brews but no worth the investment if ur brewing 100ml and under... hope this helps yall.w

... LAB 67 ...

Would you recommend an electric or manual vacuum pump?

See - this is what makes MC special - people with both theoretical and practical experience working together to help out people with their problems! Glad to see other people were able to help out with this - as I was someone incommunicado this weekend due to some major family stuff ;P

Doctor9

Sorry for the bump but when changing compounds to be filtered all I have to do with with the glass filtration system that THE 67 mentioned is clean, sterilize and change filters and attach a new media bottle? Sorry if its a stupid question but bottle tops are starting to rack up. I have 8litres of stuff to get made and filtered

*8L* not exactly a small batch there :)
Yes, clean, sterilize, put in new filter, new *clean/sterile* media bottle.

Pretty straightforward - it's a disposable filter system with *just* the actual filter media that is disposable :)

Doctor9

Hey bro u don't really have to clean eaach time u drop a new compound to be filtered. What I do is filter all my whites first then my yellows next and I have no problem with tht. Just make sure u change the membrane every time u filter a new compound. But u have to filter all at once not like the next day.. And then the next. Or bacteria will settle in . Make sure to get ur brews past 212f so it will filter like water

... lab 67 ....

Back