First Brew/crash

Lincoln7echo

I jsut finished with test. cyp. at 250 mg/ml using 2%BA to 20%BB. I was told and read in forums where lots of people were successful with it holding at these percentages. 48 hrs. after completed, 1 out of 8 10ml vials have "crashed". Question is: I know that for future brews, I either need to make it at 200 mg/ml or change ratios, but what about the gear I have made? Can I add more BA to each and re-filter and bottle or what? Thanks for any help.

yeah that will work, or you could dilute with oil to 200 mg/ml. I would have used 3% ba, that 1 % is probably going to make a world of difference, I hate cyp.

which is better? Adding the BA, and how much would I add, or dilute with cottonseed oil to 200 mg/ml and make 10 vials out of the gear. I would rather keep it at 250 mg if possible. Thanks.

Also, is the BA only for sterilization purposes? What holds the powder in solution, BA or BB? If BA is for sterilization only, whats the lowest % anbody has ever used with no troubles.

Just for an update, It's been 5 days since brew. Only one bottle crashed. I'm going to attribute it to being something in vial. It would clump on bottom and appeared to have strands of fiberglass in it. Really thick too, a bunch thicker than the other 7 vials.

well bud ba and bb both contribute to solublizing. the concentrations of each will vary from compound to compound and with conc desired. Example, eq is oil soluble so really, you can get away wtih low ba, using it mainly for the sterility purpose. I've heard of people using .5 and 1 % ba for sterilization, but myself will never go below 2, I use 2.5 more often than not. Why chance sterility when you won't (or at least I don't ) feel ba at that conc.

Now to fix, calc. what 3 % ba would have been, subtract that from whats already been added. Add that amount and heat your self some water ( maybe an inch in a small pan) on low heat. once again LOW HEAT to much will cause troubles, first time I tried this I blew out the side of a vial (presure build up). sit the vial in there and swirl, should take care of the problem. if you see the crystals the next day, well repeat with a little more ba, but shouldn't happen this time.

Back