Fuck this cold weather...

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Jesus Christ it is ridiculous at this point. We are going on a week straight of sub freezing temps along with snow and ice. I understand I live in the mountains and this is typical, but fuck we've not had this weather constant for a few years. In the last week, we've gotten over a foot of snow which has now all turned to ice and as I'm typing this, the temperature is -1. We haven't had a single snow storm dumped at least a foot of snow at one time in around 10+ years. I have no clue when the last time we've not had a single day above 32 degrees in over a week straight was, but I'm sick of this shit. After tomorrow it is supposed to warm up a little bit into the upper 30s and as high as mid 40s on Sunday, but I'm tired of all this horse shit.

I don't know how you people in Wisconsin, North Dakota, Minnesota and all those areas deal with it. I can handle the cold or the snow, but the combo of them both at the same time is driving me nuts. And I'm not even considering any wind chills as that is a whole different kind of bat shit crazy.

I'm not in the highest area in WV, so we've only gotten between 12-18 inches within the past week, but if you go into the closest mountain range here they've gotten almost 2 and a half feet of snow the past week. And to top that shit off, they had 45 minutes of rain this morning followed by 2 inches of snow so of course that just compounded the problems.

Yeah cold as shit here in chicago as well. It really hasn't been too cold here this winter a few days here and there. But for the past 3 days it's been damn cold.

How do you drive in that shit. We will have some snow and shit at our new place in TN. It's currently 0 there. Do you have snow tires? How bad does the salt fuck up your vehicles?

I will be thinking about all of this cold ass weather while im sunbathing in Jamaica for the next week sure gone miss this place LMAO

Was -16 two nights ago...a balmy 19 today....I remember back in the mid 90's. I was in Navy Reserves, and the for 3 consectutive yrs in January, went to: Pearl Harbour, San Diego and Rota Spain, all for 17 days for my annual training, what good days those were

How do you drive in that shit. We will have some snow and shit at our new place in TN. It's currently 0 there. Do you have snow tires? How bad does the salt fuck up your vehicles?

The salt will fuck up your car, go to places like New York their vehicles don't last too long-best thing to do is find a car wash that has the rocker panel blaster and run it through a couple times get that salt off

if you have 4 wheel drive you shouldn't have too much problem driving it doesn't get too bad-it's the other drivers that you have to worry about

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus Christ it is ridiculous at this point. We are going on a week straight of sub freezing temps along with snow and ice. I understand I live in the mountains and this is typical, but fuck we've not had this weather constant for a few years. In the last week, we've gotten over a foot of snow which has now all turned to ice and as I'm typing this, the temperature is -1. We haven't had a single snow storm dumped at least a foot of snow at one time in around 10+ years. I have no clue when the last time we've not had a single day above 32 degrees in over a week straight was, but I'm sick of this shit. After tomorrow it is supposed to warm up a little bit into the upper 30s and as high as mid 40s on Sunday, but I'm tired of all this horse shit.

I don't know how you people in Wisconsin, North Dakota, Minnesota and all those areas deal with it. I can handle the cold or the snow, but the combo of them both at the same time is driving me nuts. And I'm not even considering any wind chills as that is a whole different kind of bat shit crazy.

I'm not in the highest area in WV, so we've only gotten between 12-18 inches within the past week, but if you go into the closest mountain range here they've gotten almost 2 and a half feet of snow the past week. And to top that shit off, they had 45 minutes of rain this morning followed by 2 inches of snow so of course that just compounded the problems.

fuckin GLOBAL WARMING!!!

I will be thinking about all of this cold ass weather while im sunbathing in Jamaica for the next week sure gone miss this place LMAO

Ive heard the resorts are very nice there! Ive not been though but sounds like your going to have a good time! Enjoy yourself brutha and stay away from the Ganja Man lol

Lived in Hawaii for 3 years and moved back to TN. Damn was that a mistake. This cold I cant take. Seriously thinking of a warmer climate move. Lol

Driving takes time to get used to. The biggest thing I tell people is to remain as calm as possible and not to hit your brakes. I was driving the gf's Jeep Wrangler around a lot and for the most part I didn't even have it in 4WD. It's a standard so I'd just put it in 1st gear and pull the emergency break coming down hills. I was just proving a point to her that you don't have to hit your brakes and put it in 4WD all the time.

There are certainly times I needed 4WD, but too many people think that just because they're in 4WD they can still fly around and hit their brakes as they please, then wonder why they're in a ditch or didn't stop like they thought they were going to.

As for the winter tires, I just run all season tires on all my cars. I have a FWD Sunfire and I just put new All Seasons on it and it's fine for the most part. If you get a lot of ice (you very well might in TN, studded tires work best on it). But like I said, it just takes some time to get used to. Go slow, remain clam, keep your cool and you're typically fine. Even if you slide, you just have to think about it. If you're making a right turn, turn your wheels to the left if you start sliding. It's basically like drift racing lol

Back