Gina Carano believes she was a victim of bullying by Disney, promised ‘to go down swinging’ prior to her firing

9mm

MuscleChemistry MMA Site Representative
1137192259.0.jpg
Photo by Daniel Boczarski/WireImage for Disney Gina Carano had a feeling that her days were numbered at “The Mandalorian” even before she was fired by Disney in the wake of several controversial posts on social media.
That’s according to the former Elite XC and Strikeforce fighter, who previously appeared as former Rebel shock trooper Cara Dune for two seasons on the “Star Wars” spinoff that airs on Disney+.
“I’ve been through so much, and I’ve seen so much now, clearly, of the bullying that’s been taking place, and I saw it before,” Carano told The Daily Wire founder Ben Shapiro in a sit down interview airing on Sunday via Deadline. “I’m not the only one that’s ever been bullied by this company, and I know that so deeply.
“I could share a story which would turn things around in the media but I can’t because it would sell out a friend. Everyone is afraid of losing their job.”
While Disney and Lucasfilm had previously spoken to Carano about her controversial social media posts that included messages on both Twitter and Instagram that disputed the outcome of the 2020 Presidential election, anti-mask rhetoric during the coronavirus pandemic and other conspiracy theories, it was a recent post that compared the plight suffered by Republicans to Jews who were slaughtered during the Holocaust in Nazi Germany that led to her ouster from “The Mandalorian.”
“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,” Carano said in a now deleted post on her Instagram account.
That may have been the last straw before Carano was ultimately fired, she claims that the writing was already on the wall regarding her status as part of the cast for the “Star Wars” series.
“You know how boxers head-hunt sometimes and forget to go for the body? I feel like Disney or Lucasfilm or whoever it is, just certain people at that company…I feel like I’ve been being head-hunted,” Carano said. “And you can feel it. Just a couple of weeks ago, Lucasfilm asked an artist that they employ to erase my character and put a different character in place, and he proudly announces this on Twitter, and erases my character and puts another character in place.
“All the fans of Cara Dune were just outraged. They were like ‘Why didn’t you add the character? Why did you have to take off the character? Is there something wrong? Is Gina getting fired?”
Carano later revealed that she found out about her firing on social media when Lucasfilm representatives released a statement saying she was no longer employed by the studio while calling her comments “abhorrent” and “unacceptable.”
“I was prepared at any point to be let go, because I’ve seen this happen to so many people,” Carano said. “I’ve seen the looks on their faces. I’ve seen the bullying that takes place, and so when this started, they point their guns at you, and you know it’s only a matter of time. I’ve seen it happen to so many people, and I just thought to myself (…) ‘you’re coming for me, I know you are.’”
“They’re making it very obvious through their employees who were coming for me, and so I was like, ‘I’m going to go down swinging and I’m going to stay true to myself.’”
Just days after Carano was fired from “The Mandalorian,” she inked a deal with Shapiro to develop and star in a new film for the right-wing website that has recently started to extend interest into the entertainment industry.
In addition to her firing from “The Mandalorian,” Carano was also dropped by her talent agents at UTA.
There have been no further comments from Disney, Lucasfilm or “The Mandalorian” showrunner Jon Favreau, who had a hand in casting Carano for her part on the show.
Carano isn’t staying quiet, however, as she continued to take aim at her former employers in the wake of her firing.
“The thought of this happening to anybody else, especially to somebody who could not handle this the way I can, no, they don’t get to do that,” Carano said.
“They don’t get to make people feel like that (….) and if I buckle, it’ll make it okay for these companies, who have a history of lying, to be lying and to do this to other people, and they’ve done it to other people, and I’m not going down without a fight.”
Prior to her firing, Carano was also reportedly in line to serve as one of the stars of the upcoming “Star Wars” series “Rangers of the New Republic.”
In addition to her role on “The Mandalorian,” Carano had previously appeared in films such as “Deadpool” and “Haywire” after she transitioned to an acting career following her final MMA fight in 2009.

{feed:enclosure_href }

More...

Back