Hadi Choopan Looks Massive in 2023 Off-Season, Shares Brutal Row & Leg Press Workouts

Muscle Insider

Hadi Choopan is determined to repeat the success he enjoyed last year. In two posts published on Instagram, Choopan showed off his strength with leg presses and t-bar rows in preparation for the 2023 Mr. Olympia contest.
Choopan made history last year at 2022 Mr. Olympia and became the first man from Iran to win the prestigious title. The show was filled with surprises as Mamdouh ‘Big Ramy’ Elssbiay surrendered his throne in fifth whereas Derek Lunsford, a former 212 Olympia winner, cashed in his special invite for the Open with a second-place finish. Meanwhile, Nick Walker secured third in addition to earning the Olympia People’s Champ Award.

After Samson Dauda defeated Walker at the 2023 Arnold Classic in March, fans refocused their attention to the Olympia contest set for November 2-5 in Orlando, Florida. Veterans and active competitors have taken to social media to back their respective favorites. Bodybuilding legend Ronnie Coleman has stated Derek Lunsford will defeat Choopan in their next outing.
Nick Walker also said Choopan won’t repeat as champion this year. He believes the show will be determined after a showdown between himself and Derek Lunsford. Other notable voices in the community, such as Bob Cicherillo, believe Choopan at ‘100%’ beats everyone in the show. William Bonac shared a similar prediction recently and suspects Choopan will win another Sandow.
Hadi Choopan Sends Warning Shot to Open Class with Heavy Training Sessions
Check out Choopan’s t-bar row workout below:

“My ears are damaged and I love this blessing of God because it helps me to think only about my goal and not on the idle words of others. A warrior’s place is on the battlefield, not among weaklings.” Hadi Choopan wrote.

Then, Choopan powered through a set of heavy leg presses.

“We are together, move but don’t cheat, I’ll see you”

In a rare off-season update, Choopan gave fans a glimpse into his latest progress. Fans were taken aback by his striated chest and overall conditioning levels so far out from his next show. Choopan’s opponent, Lunsford, is guided by the same trainer Hany Rambod. They made it clear that Derek’s current focus is to bring more detail to his chest, arms, and legs moving forward.
Looking at the potential 2023 Olympia lineup, Bob Cicherillo laid out who believes could feasibly take out Choopan. Given Dauda’s improvements at the Arnold Classic, he named him and Derek Lunsford as equal threats to the reigning champ’s title.
RELATED: Chris Cormier, Terrick El Guindy on Hadi Choopan: ‘This Guy’s Stakes Are Higher Than Just Winning a Title’
Fans expect another unpredictable Mr. Olympia contest this fall as competitors have until October 9 to secure their invites. Considering his consistent nature, defeating Choopan will take a massive and calculated effort.
Published: 2 May, 2023 | 11:02 AM EDT

Collage-Maker-02-May-2023-10-25-AM-5357.jpg
Hadi Choopan is determined to repeat the success he enjoyed last year. In two posts published on Instagram, Choopan showed off his strength with leg presses and t-bar rows in preparation for the 2023 Mr. Olympia contest.

Choopan made history last year at 2022 Mr. Olympia and became the first man from Iran to win the prestigious title. The show was filled with surprises as Mamdouh ‘Big Ramy’ Elssbiay surrendered his throne in fifth whereas Derek Lunsford, a former 212 Olympia winner, cashed in his special invite for the Open with a second-place finish. Meanwhile, Nick Walker secured third in addition to earning the Olympia People’s Champ Award.

After Samson Dauda defeated Walker at the 2023 Arnold Classic in March, fans refocused their attention to the Olympia contest set for November 2-5 in Orlando, Florida. Veterans and active competitors have taken to social media to back their respective favorites. Bodybuilding legend Ronnie Coleman has stated Derek Lunsford will defeat Choopan in their next outing.

Nick Walker also said Choopan won’t repeat as champion this year. He believes the show will be determined after a showdown between himself and Derek Lunsford. Other notable voices in the community, such as Bob Cicherillo, believe Choopan at ‘100%’ beats everyone in the show. William Bonac shared a similar prediction recently and suspects Choopan will win another Sandow.

Hadi Choopan Sends Warning Shot to Open Class with Heavy Training Sessions
Check out Choopan’s t-bar row workout below:

“My ears are damaged and I love this blessing of God because it helps me to think only about my goal and not on the idle words of others. A warrior’s place is on the battlefield, not among weaklings.” Hadi Choopan wrote.

[/quote]

Then, Choopan powered through a set of heavy leg presses.

“We are together, move but don’t cheat, I’ll see you”

[/quote]

In a rare off-season update, Choopan gave fans a glimpse into his latest progress. Fans were taken aback by his striated chest and overall conditioning levels so far out from his next show. Choopan’s opponent, Lunsford, is guided by the same trainer Hany Rambod. They made it clear that Derek’s current focus is to bring more detail to his chest, arms, and legs moving forward.

Looking at the potential 2023 Olympia lineup, Bob Cicherillo laid out who believes could feasibly take out Choopan. Given Dauda’s improvements at the Arnold Classic, he named him and Derek Lunsford as equal threats to the reigning champ’s title.

RELATED: Chris Cormier, Terrick El Guindy on Hadi Choopan: ‘This Guy’s Stakes Are Higher Than Just Winning a Title’

Fans expect another unpredictable Mr. Olympia contest this fall as competitors have until October 9 to secure their invites. Considering his consistent nature, defeating Choopan will take a massive and calculated effort.

Published: 2 May, 2023 | 11:02 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back