"heavy" days

pumpITup

how does these works? do i warm up and than just do 6 reps, 5 reps, 4 reps, etc. but only with multi joint exercises? like a bench press? how often do i wait before i do that msucle again?

please explain furhter
thanks

Well it all depends on what work out routine your using. Some call for a heavy day, and later on in the week a light day. On the light day your working on explosion and acceration. Thats what helps you do more weight.

But im talking about power lifting.

persoonally being the sadistic son of a bitch i am i think intesity=Perfect form try giveing youself between 40-90 sconds betwen eah set !

My heavy days are usually like this

warm up set of 70% of the first set weight for bout 10
then i load it up with a weight i can do six times but no more than 8 or 9 (if you can do more than 9 add weight)
Then i rest 1 or two minutes and do as many sets of 6-9 that i can. :) Dont forget to stretch

Med/light days= 12-15 reps per exercise
Med days 9-12 reps
Heavy 4-8 reps

Weights are obviously increased accordingly.

Does everybody do heavy and light workout days? Who just does between 3-6 reps all the time?

Aside from warm-ups and squats and other leg exercises, I rarely do 10 reps or higher. Perhaps I should change this. I always superset bis though, so technically if I do 6 reps on each exercise I am getting 12 reps.

for bench i keep it between 3-5 reps, i get stronger every week too. Squat i have a messed up back, but i hope to be goin heavy again

SNDMN said:
Aside from warm-ups and squats and other leg exercises, I rarely do 10 reps or higher. Perhaps I should change this. I always superset bis though, so technically if I do 6 reps on each exercise I am getting 12 reps.

Quads,calfs,forearms all seem to respond better to higher reps.

I agree for all parts of the leg. I used to do forearms but I haven't needed to do them in well over two years. With supersetting bis, hammer curls, heavy 145 lb. barbell curls, my forearms get enough of a workout.

I love when I see guys in the gym in their little brand new, pressed workout outfits, doing calf-raises and forearm curls. I always think, why even bother coming in? I want to scream at them, "DRESS LIKE AN ANIMAL AND HIT SOME DEADS, SQUATS AND PRESSES!!!"

Yup, i think that working all you main parts works other parts of your body. Reason i do bis when i do lats, if you go heavy enough on lats your bis are gonna be dead

SNDMN said:
I love when I see guys in the gym in their little brand new, pressed workout outfits, doing calf-raises and forearm curls. I always think, why even bother coming in? I want to scream at them, "DRESS LIKE AN ANIMAL AND HIT SOME DEADS, SQUATS AND PRESSES!!!"

Amen-:D

Back