I have to get me the new "Apple Ipad" it looks bad ass as hell!

I think it's a great product, and I'm sure I will be getting one. You have to remember what this thing is purposed for. It isn't meant to be a replacement for a notebook computer. Look at the uses (and these are only a few): For education, you could have students using it to take notes while they're in a lecture, then they could read their textbooks on the thing later while they are studying. They could do research on it, via books or the Internet. For business, personally, I'd be using it to take notes on during my marketing meetings. I could sketch ideas of ads as we're brainstorming. I could go through photos from a photoshoot. It's also excellent for people who travel a lot. The thing is essentially a large PDA the way a PDA was meant to be. True, there are some things missing such as Flash or a camera (although I don't see how you would use a camera on it). I don't see multitasking as a big thing because if you enable that, you're going to take down the battery life. They currently have it at 10 hours.

The tablet's "most revolutionary impact is on the way people consume media in the home," he said. "You take it from room to room, you dock it next to your bed, it becomes your alarm clock. You dock in the living room, it’s a photo frame and a video server for your TV; you dock it in the kitchen, and it displays your recipes for you."

While it would be nice to have a version that runs the OSX system itself, they'd have to make a version of the system that is touch capable, plus having a good battery life. An OLED screen would have jacked up the price point, and they wanted to make it affordable first time around.

Plus, as for multitasking, you just hit the home button and open whichever other app you need. It can't take more than a second longer than it would if it had multitasking. I can this being popular in the medical field. The general physician I see carries aronud Macbook Air instead of a clipboard. This would be even more appealing that the Air. And for $500 I think it's priced pretty competatively for a company that everyone always complains about being overpriced.

Definitely! This would be huge in the medical field. They could access records with ease with pictures of xrays or anything else they need right there while they are with a patient.

Yeah i agree there is a place for it and it will sell "well" just nothing like the iphone or macbooks do. There wont be lines out the door for 3 hours for an Ipad. If they would have included a few of the things i mentioned then there would be lines like the others. Multitasking isnt that big of a deal but its still completely uncalled for that by 2010 they still dont have it. If your jailbroken on your iphone of course its not a problem but it would be annoying if i had a stock Iphone. Im gonna wait for the Itampon and get it instead.

Yeah i agree there is a place for it and it will sell "well" just nothing like the iphone or macbooks do. There wont be lines out the door for 3 hours for an Ipad. If they would have included a few of the things i mentioned then there would be lines like the others. Multitasking isnt that big of a deal but its still completely uncalled for that by 2010 they still dont have it. If your jailbroken on your iphone of course its not a problem but it would be annoying if i had a stock Iphone. Im gonna wait for the Itampon and get it instead.

lol

Back