I want my power back! (1st Cycle newbie info)

Theokoles

Greetings,

my name is Theo and I am a 39 year old man that has lost his power. And I'm seriously considering taking my first cycle of AAS. All my trolling around the internet for information keeps bringing me back here. This seems to be a very friendly and knowledgeable community of like minded people... I want to play too :)

Welcome to MuscleChemistry. Your in the right place. You have to give us more information. Why do you say you have lost your power? Are you training consistently? Whats up brutha?

- Right now I'm 5'10 and about 173lbs with too much fat
- at my best, 3years ago, I was 191lbs of mostly muscle

I power lifted for 2years solid from 2011-12 and here is how it went:

January.18 2011 starting size:

biceps - 12 3/4
forearm - 10 3/4
chest - 40 1/2
neck - 14 1/2
hips - 41 1/2
thighs - 22 1/4
calves - 14 1/2
shoulders - 48 1/2

February.19 2012 peak size:

biceps - 15 3/4
forearm - 13 1/2
chest - 42 1/2
neck - 16
hips - 39 3/4
thighs - 39 1/4
calves - 15
shoulders - 51 1/4

I bought myself a cage and 300lbs of olympic weight and worked out in my basement 2-3days a week and followed Strong Lifts 5x5... And ate tons, including 1200 calorie post workout shakes.

Pics: lost the before pic, but here is the after:

17164-i-want-my-power-back-1st-cycle-newbie-info-front.jpg
17165-i-want-my-power-back-1st-cycle-newbie-info-back.jpg

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Welcome to MuscleChemistry. Your in the right place. You have to give us more information. Why do you say you have lost your power? Are you training consistently? Whats up brutha?

Well met Iron-game! Thanks for the quick reply.

I lost my power due to stress mostly. I had a child a few years ago and although it is awesome and I have no regrets it has led to me letting my body go. And honestly work was driving me nuts for a few years as well.... Long story short is life go to serious and I had to turtle up and take care of what mattered. Things like keeping my job and being a good dad starting coming before the gym.

Good news is I'm in a good place now, but shit I've aged. ; )

My body is still functional enough, but the energy is not there. That's got me thinking of taking a very light cycle of test to get the fires burning proper again. To be honest I've always been interested in anabolic steroids, but I've never needed them.

This post peaked my interest and lead me to you guys:

We don't link to other sites, thx.

At the moment I am just starting the following regiment:

Monday - 5x5 squats, 5x5 overhead press, 5x5 bench, 5x5 preacher curls (e-z bar), x2 sets of diamond push-ups to failure

Wednesday - 5x5 dead lifts, 5x5 bench, x3 sets of pull ups to failure, 5x5 standing curls (e-z bar), x2 sets of diamond puch-ups to failure

Saturday - same as Monday

Monday - Same as Wednesday

So basically I alternate those two routines and one week I get squats twice and the next I get deads twice.

Last edited:
Your training and nutrition has to be number 1 long before you start a cycle. You look solid in your pics. You want that base again before you decide to cycle. It may not be the answer you are looking for but its real. If you lack motivation or consistency it wont change you will just be juiced looking and feeling the same.

I love your back at it with all thats going on. Its not easy I know. Right now take advantage of muscle memory and enjoy the rebound it will be fast. After you have hit a plateau revisit the test option

I'd like to have everything in order to start the following in a few weeks:

Week 1-9: 250mg Sustanon
125mg per injection. Alternate Glutes.

Clomid: Starting one day after last shot
Day 1: 150mg
Day 2-8: 100mg ED
Day 9-16: 50mg ED
Day 17-24: 50mg EOD

I admit this is only a starting point. Here are some thoughts to go with it:

- sustanon 250 propionate to get a feel for how I react to testosterone and propionate so I can cycle on and off fast
- small dose so that I don't explode over a 8-12week period
- dose is so small will I need HCG during PCT?
- I want to get back to peak shape while feeling great

Last edited:
Welcome aboard glad to have you here. Nice starting routine to get the CNS back into service but I don't see any cardio. If you do plan on dancing with the devil I would get some form of cardio rolling asap and burn a little of the buildup off before you start.

I love your back at it with all thats going on. Its not easy I know. Right now take advantage of muscle memory and enjoy the rebound it will be fast. After you have hit a plateau revisit the test option

I believe in muscle memory and it is part of the reason for thinking of such a light cycle the first go. Do you think a small does(s) of test per week would help with recovery? I appreciate all your feedback. Can you suggest some reading perhaps?

Welcome aboard glad to have you here. Nice starting routine to get the CNS back into service but I don't see any cardio. If you do plan on dancing with the devil I would get some form of cardio rolling asap and burn a little of the buildup off before you start.

Greetings Masher!

Yes you are correct there was no cardio in that pick. I do have access to an elliptical trainer. Would 20-40mins per week split over two sessions be enough? I follow you thought I think. Cardio is always good, but x2 while on cycle.

Greetings Masher!

Yes you are correct there was no cardio in that pick. I do have access to an elliptical trainer. Would 20-40mins per week split over two sessions be enough? I follow you thought I think. Cardio is always good, but x2 while on cycle.

Yes with that long layoff cardio will work wonders and depending on which compounds you go with you will need more or less. Lets just say i'm from the old school and in my opinion it would be very beneficial for you to shave off a bit of the extra baggage before you start your cycle.

Your training and nutrition has to be number 1 long before you start a cycle. You look solid in your pics. You want that base again before you decide to cycle. It may not be the answer you are looking for but its real. If you lack motivation or consistency it wont change you will just be juiced looking and feeling the same.

- there will be no AAS if motivation and consistency are not where they need to be. I agree 100%

I'm not looking to start a cycle right away to help get me off my butt. I would like to start one in the next couple months though after my routine is solid and going up. I'd rather not wait until I peak again. I was thinking start light and see how I react and then try a little more in the fall, or spring of 2017.

Sustanon 250 is a great blend of testosterone in 4 esters
30mg Testosterone Propionate60mg Testosterone Phenylpropionate
60mg Testosterone Isocaproate
100mg Testosterone Decanoate
Some fast working others slow but its not just Propionate.
When you decide to start your first cycle make sure you have everything ready. I also believe 9 weeks would be a waist IMO 14 weeks min. Sustanon is a good one to start with but its important you know what your getting. Do a search in our search box you will get a lot more info. I will be back later on...

- - - Updated - - -

Sustanon 250 is a great blend of testosterone in 4 esters
30mg Testosterone Propionate60mg Testosterone Phenylpropionate
60mg Testosterone Isocaproate
100mg Testosterone Decanoate
Some fast working others slow but its not just Propionate.
When you decide to start your first cycle make sure you have everything ready. I also believe 9 weeks would be a waist IMO 14 weeks min. Sustanon is a good one to start with but its important you know what your getting. Do a search in our search box you will get a lot more info. I will be back later on...

Yes with that long layoff cardio will work wonders and depending on which compounds you go with you will need more or less. Lets just say i'm from the old school and in my opinion it would be very beneficial for you to shave off a bit of the extra baggage before you start your cycle.

My ears are open. I will add 20mins per week, to start, on a couple of my off days.

Nice build u will find everything u need to know here if not pm one of us we are all here to help brother knowledge is the first step in winning your goals

Welcome to the site bud! There is a ton of knowledge on this forum! Ask any questions you feel you need for your cycle. As others have alluded to, your training and diet are what are going to get you to where you want to be. Many guys use AAS too soon, and I feel they waste their potential. After a solid 2-3 years of natty training, then AAS could be used to enhance what gains have already been made. A lot of guys want to take "the easy way out". I'm not saying that is what you're doing, by any means.

You mentioned "muscle memory" earlier in the thread. Muscle memory is an interesting little guy. A person who worked out for a long time will definitely find it easier to get back to a certain point. However, "muscle memory" does not count in terms of cardio. Cardio health is the hardest thing to get back. Cardiovascular training, in my opinion, should be a staple of every single persons routine. Besides the innumerable health benefits that proper cardio training elicits, it really helps when trying to run a cut, and in my opinion, the cut will be nowhere near as potent without proper cardio.

If i were you, i'd do 30-60 minutes of cardio every day, staying towards the 30 minutes on weight training days, if you have trouble doing both.

- - - Updated - - -

Well met Iron-game! Thanks for the quick reply.

I lost my power due to stress mostly. I had a child a few years ago and although it is awesome and I have no regrets it has led to me letting my body go. And honestly work was driving me nuts for a few years as well.... Long story short is life go to serious and I had to turtle up and take care of what mattered. Things like keeping my job and being a good dad starting coming before the gym.

Good news is I'm in a good place now, but shit I've aged. ; )

My body is still functional enough, but the energy is not there. That's got me thinking of taking a very light cycle of test to get the fires burning proper again. To be honest I've always been interested in anabolic steroids, but I've never needed them.

This post peaked my interest and lead me to you guys:

We don't link to other sites, thx.

At the moment I am just starting the following regiment:

Monday - 5x5 squats, 5x5 overhead press, 5x5 bench, 5x5 preacher curls (e-z bar), x2 sets of diamond push-ups to failure

Wednesday - 5x5 dead lifts, 5x5 bench, x3 sets of pull ups to failure, 5x5 standing curls (e-z bar), x2 sets of diamond puch-ups to failure

Saturday - same as Monday

Monday - Same as Wednesday

So basically I alternate those two routines and one week I get squats twice and the next I get deads twice.

Have you had your test levels done? Based on your age, you may even be a candidate for TRT.

WELCOME TO MC. AND BRO DO NOT FUCK WITH SUSTANON, IT HAS TO BE RUN A CERTAIN WAY FOR OPTIMUM RESULTS, AND YOU WILL GET ALOT OF SPIKES AND VALLYS WITH SUSTANON, WHICH ON TOP OF YOUR STRESS LEVELS AND LIFE ARE NO GOOD

YOUR BEST BET IS TESTOSTERONE ENANTHATE OR CYPIONATE, 250MG A WEEK WOULD DO YOU WONDERS! AS STATED ABOVE, YOU MIGHT ALSO BE ABLE TO GET A SCRIPT FROM DR FOR IT!

BUT I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT SUSTANON WILL BE A PAIN IN YOUR ASS IF YOU DONT DO IT RIGHT,

ANYWAYS WELCOME BRUTHA, AND YOUR PICS LOOK LIKE YOU CAN WHIP BACK INTO GOOD SHAPE IN NO TIME, YOUR FINE BRUTHA!!

cloudstrife1218, thanks for your post. This is the kind of discussion I can grow from : )

I've never been able to balance cardio with lifting heavy. I'm generally so sore form lifting that cardio is torture. And worse yet if I push cardio on off days I don't seem to fully recover in time to lift again. Masher picked up on this whole in my routine too. I hadn't really thought about it to be honest, but I see it now. Any advice on how to better balance cardio and lifting is welcome.

You say 30m-60mins at a time, but what kind of pace? I used to do 15min hill climbs on the elliptical that would leave me sweating pretty good. If I did 30-60mins at a time it would impact me the next day for sure. I can see dialing back the intensity, but to what degree?

Is the goal of cardio to, sweat for a long period, keep the heart rate up, for as long as possible?

Also you asked about my test levels... Great question. No I have not had my level check because although I have an ace doctor who I can see on short notice he is also very straight. He serves my family as a whole 10/10, but on this topic I don't see him helping.

My gut and my wife's opinion is that unless my levels are crashed he won't be down with TRT. My libido isn't dead... I still chase my wife around, but shit I'm always tired and struggle to find energy. I worry that I'll be low, but not low enough for him to agree to TRT and then I'll be going against his wishes.

Also I'm not sure I want to go on HRT long term. I want to try a light cycle of test and if PCT is on point I won't need blood work to know if I'm back to a new normal. What I would do is ask my doctor for blood work if I wasn't feeling well after PCT and if he asked if I had used I'd show him my logs.

Or another way to put it is not put myself in a position that I need to lie, but ask/beg forgiveness only if I need to. Does that make any sense? Also I know that I will need blood work if I plan to cycle back on in the fall /spring of 2017. I'm open to feedback on how to approach my Doctor too. He's a tremendous resource, but I can't see the right approach.

Last edited:
WELCOME TO MC. AND BRO DO NOT FUCK WITH SUSTANON, IT HAS TO BE RUN A CERTAIN WAY FOR OPTIMUM RESULTS, AND YOU WILL GET ALOT OF SPIKES AND VALLYS WITH SUSTANON, WHICH ON TOP OF YOUR STRESS LEVELS AND LIFE ARE NO GOOD

YOUR BEST BET IS TESTOSTERONE ENANTHATE OR CYPIONATE, 250MG A WEEK WOULD DO YOU WONDERS! AS STATED ABOVE, YOU MIGHT ALSO BE ABLE TO GET A SCRIPT FROM DR FOR IT!

BUT I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT SUSTANON WILL BE A PAIN IN YOUR ASS IF YOU DONT DO IT RIGHT,

ANYWAYS WELCOME BRUTHA, AND YOUR PICS LOOK LIKE YOU CAN WHIP BACK INTO GOOD SHAPE IN NO TIME, YOUR FINE BRUTHA!!

Presser, thanks for the support brother!

Muscle Chemistry has given me a great welcome. I need it too, AAS is a crazy subject to research... The more I read the less I know it seems, or that's the stage I'm at. I've researched AAS a few times before over the years and my take away was always 'damn that sounds great', but you need a doctor to pull it off... And be safe anyway. I've outlined above why I don't want to involve my MD, but I don't mind doing my own research and asking for help.

I agree I've found the right place.

I also agree that I don't want peaks and valleys in how I feel. I want to try test only for my first cycle so I will sub out the STUST for Enanthate or Cypionate.

Back