Keeping my trt dose

KngShisa

So I just got my TRT script for 200mg/wk test cyp

I have a follow up blood lab in two months, and I'm worried if I take the whole 200mg/wk, the doc might have a reason to lower my dose. Would it be a good idea to take only 100-150mg/wk leading up to my blood work so my test levels don't come back too high? Also, since I won't be getting much out of 100mg/wk anyway, would it be okay to start 4 weeks prior to blood work or will this not give the exogenous t enough time to show up in my blood work?

Any thoughts/advice are very welcome and appreciated!

Last edited:
So I just got my TRT script for 200mg/wk test cyp

I have a follow up blood lab in two months, and I'm worried if I take the whole 200mg/wk, the doc might have a reason to lower my dose. Would it be a good idea to take only 100-150mg/wk leading up to my blood work so my test levels don't come back too high? Also, since I won't be getting much out of 100mg/wk anyway, would it be okay to start 4 weeks prior to blood work or will this not give the exogenous t enough time to show up in my blood work?

Any thoughts/advice are very welcome and appreciated!

you lost me a little bit bro, so your doctor wrote you a script for 200mgs a week? I'm not sure what ur asking, if he gave you 200mg a week, then take it, why would it come back to high if thats the dose he prescribed to you? I'm not understanding the question bro sorry

Sorry, to be more clear, the 200mg/wk is a preliminary dose, then my follow up lab is to determine if the dosage is on target or needs to be adjusted (which he explained usually means lowered). I realize this isn't a super high amount and he may likely keep it as long as I'm feeling good, so I'll probably just take the full amount, but wanted to get a second opinion

oh i see, i would take the full amount he prescribed and just tell him you still feel a little sluggish but you think your energy levels have risen some, this way he at least keeps u at that dosage, thats my take on it anyhow

The thing is, some doctors only care about the numbers, not how you feel. If you have bloodwork done the day after you take a dose of 200mg, it will register high because levels will soar as high as 2000. The point of the dose is that it will taper off in 7 days until you're about back down where you started because they want to see the trough, not the peak in levels. You need to make sure you do your bloodwork at least 6-7 days away from your last dose, possibly even halving the last dose before the blood test since levels build up in the blood over weeks due to the half life. If you get the timing wrong, the doc will only see that big number come back on the test and reduce your dosage.

​To simply answer your question, yes you can lower your dose leading up to blood tests. 4 weeks is a good lead time. I've seen people do this to keep their doctors prescribing them high doses. Docs can be conservative with trt and they get scared when number creep towards the high end of the range. Keep in mind though, if your doc requires frequent blood work (every 6 months or so) it can be a pain to keep lowering your dose every time you have to go in for tests.

Exactly. It drives me nuts. I have had regular 6-month checkups for the last few years, and I've been on TRT for almost 16 years now. I doubt much will change so I don't really understand why the doc can't let me go for a year. I suppose 6 months at least gives me time to do a cycle.

It all depends on what day the blood work is done, yes if you are to high he will lower it. You want to keep it at 200mg a week trust me. Take say 100-150 then get the test on the end of week. I usually time my test just right to not be to high. If you go in with the test at 1000 he will lower it. I went in once and I was like 4000, and he asked me did you take to much? What could I say, I said yes and I corrected it. never again was my test over say 600. Ive been on it for 12 years now. so after injection even if say your at 200mg wait say 10 days then test or 150 I would wait 7 days then test, get it , adjust time accordingly.

Thanks so much, gentlemen, I really appreciate the help and support!! I'm going to follow the advice and make sure I get my blood work done 7-10 days after my last injection and perhaps keep that last injection at 150. Once again, you all are the best and I'm honored to be a part of the MC family!!

Thanks so much, gentlemen, I really appreciate the help and support!! I'm going to follow the advice and make sure I get my blood work done 7-10 days after my last injection and perhaps keep that last injection at 150. Once again, you all are the best and I'm honored to be a part of the MC family!!

were happy to have ya daddio

Back