LEGS ? Why is it that ?

Chris250

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Why is it that when guys get older (into there late 30's and early 40's) they start to lose there sweep to there legs (or overall size) Example's are Kevin Levorne in his final 3-4 years, Vince Talyor final master years, Gustavo Badell as of the last 2-3 years...There are other's...but those are a few...Im sure some of it is just that there knee's are done, and beat up...with lower backs...im sure that has to do something with it... but it always seem to be the sweep of the leg...thoughsts ???

I've noticed that too. My guess would be back issues from so many years of abuse on the spine and knees. They just can't use the weight they use to.

I would say to much dieting and cardio over the years could be one thing. I dont see how a guy doing 3 shows a year for example can keep that fullness, and do that year after year.

Being an older guy, I'll jump in here. As you get older, you start to naturally lean a bit and lose water. Distribution patterns with fat and water also change. The legs are the first thing to go. It can be difficult to keep that sweep if you are unaware of what happens and it goes too far. Genetics will really play a big part here as well. It's one reason I've had such a hard time building my legs because I never did build the mass when I was younger than 30.

something to think about and compare to if you've ever broke a leg or had surgery.....think about the loss of range of motion, not just in training, but overall daily movements....from sitting down to standing up, getting in and out of a car......and not just our legs, but we tend to shorten our range overall as we age......now going back to those who've broken......make the comparison.....i broke mine in 2006 fib and tib and have a rod and pins.....my left leg has a noticeable sweep loss compared to my right leg and it's much more difficult to get the same range

Back