Morning Report: Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson comes to Hans Molenkamp’s defense: ‘He’s there for fighters’

9mm

MuscleChemistry MMA Site Representative
115_Rampage_Jackson.0.jpg
Esther Lin, MMA Fighting At UFC 259, former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz defeated Casey Kenney and then used his post-fight interview to callout Monster Energy business development representative, Hans Molenkamp. Monster Energy is a longtime sponsor of both Cruz and the UFC and Cruz explained that his callout of Molenkamp stemmed from what he believes are unreasonable demands made by Molenkamp with the threat of withholding sponsorship money. Since Cruz’s allegation, other people involved in the sport have joined in decrying Molenkamp including former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping. But now Molenkamp has his own prominent supporter.
Quinton Jackson has been sponsored by Monster Energy for years and has worked with Molenkamp before, and upon hearing the allegations coming out against the Monster rep, “Rampage” has come to his defense.
“I hang out with Hans when we do Monster shoots and things like,” Jackson told MMA Junkie. “Hans will ask you, ‘Let’s do this s*** for the Internet, for social media,’ but everybody does that now. If you’re a fighter or anything, and you’re hanging out with your peers or your people, people are going to ask you to do some sh*t.
“No way will Hans ever ask people, ‘Do this post for me or you’re not going to get a sponsorship.’ That s*** is f****** stupid.”
But though Jackson denies that the core complaint against Molenkamp is true, the former UFC light heavyweight champion does admit that Molenkamp has taken some liberties with his social media presence.
“It’s true – Dana White did have to get on Hans,” Jackson said. “Hans would take a picture with Conor McGregor, and he’ll take a picture like they’re talking and he’ll say, ‘Hey, we’ve got some big news.’ He’ll do that, but that’s what social media is. That’s what all those motherf****** be doing: ‘Yeah, I’m doing big things with Conor McGregor.’
“He’ll take a picture with Dana like, ‘Yeah, we’re cooking up some business.’ But I see so many other people doing that s***. Just because he works for Monster, I don’t know, I think people are hating on him.”
Part of the reason Jackson doesn’t believe the allegations made against Molenkamp is because he says that no such thing has ever happened with him despite the fact that he has at times refused to do what Molenkamp wanted.
“Hans, he has that fighter spirit,” Jackson said. “He’s there for fighters. I notice that about him. And sometimes, me and Hans, we don’t see eye-to-eye. Honestly, we don’t. Sometimes Hans and I don’t see eye-to-eye, and I can understand why people would get mad at him, but whenever he asks me, ‘Let’s do this post,’ and stuff like this, and I’m like, ‘Hans, I’m overweight right now; I don’t want to do this stuff right now.’ He’s like, ‘OK, man. I get it.’ He doesn’t say, ‘Do this post or you ain’t going to get no sponsorship.’
“You can ask people like Daniel Cormier, Jorge Masvidal – those fighters need to step up. Even Conor McGregor and Jon Jones. T.J Dillashaw. Juan Archuleta. These fighters need to come forward.”
Ultimately, Jackson seems to believe that Molenkamp is being unfairly railroaded by Cruz and others.
“Hans doesn’t even have the power to say, ‘You don’t get a contract if you don’t post this or do that,’” Jackson said. “I think he can vouch for you, but if you already got a Monster deal, he can’t just cancel your contract because you don’t do something for him. It doesn’t work that way. I just feel bad. It seems like too many people are chiming in, and I’m like, ‘How come nobody is telling the truth about Hans,’ that he isn’t like that?
“He wants to post funny skits with you and stuff, but everybody does that s***. We do it to each other. I did that s*** with the Diaz brothers. I bumped into them in Vegas, and I said, ‘Hey, let’s do a funny skit.’ They could have said, ‘No.’ We did a funny skit, and that s*** went viral, like Nick tried to steal my girlfriend. We all do that s*** to each other. I don’t know why people are trying to act like that is so f***** up.”
Molenkamp himself has yet to speak up but Monster Energy did release a statement saying they were investigating the matter and Dominick Cruz says he’s spoken with the company about the issue and seems to be pleased with how things are progressing.

[h=1]TOP STORIES[/h]Stylebender. Israel Adesanya tells Jon Jones, ‘take your victory lap,’ says Darren Till gets title shot with win.
Plans. Kevin Holland plans on a ‘devastating win’ over Derek Brunson.
Time. Michael Chandler believes given enough time he can convince Khabib Nurmagomedov to come out of retirement.
Not wrong. Aspen Ladd: It makes ‘no sense’ for Julianna Pena to fight Amanda Nunes just because she’s talking trash.
Sensei. Georges St-Pierre to work as ‘Season Sensei’ for upcoming Karate Combat season.
Psychedelics. Are magic mushrooms the cure to what ails MMA fighters’ brains?

[h=1]VIDEO STEW[/h]The A-Side Live Chat.

Kevin Holland’s five wins in 2020.

Recapping the Bellator Featherweight Grand Prix.

Volkanovski’s camp.

Media picks Stipe-Francis 2.

[h=1]LISTEN UP[/h]Heavy Hands. Discussing UFC Vegas 22 and Marvin Hagler.
Jack Slack. Discussing the key fights at UFC Vegas 22.

[h=1]SOCIAL MEDIA BOUILLABAISSE[/h]Marvin big mad.
Say my name bitch
— Marvin Vettori (@MarvinVettori) March 17, 2021
The saga continues.
. Hey did you and your team learn the rules yet? @PetrYanUFC pic.twitter.com/4UcscV46ZM
— Aljamain Sterling (@funkmasterMMA) March 17, 2021
Just be grateful cowardly bitch https://t.co/LQODfh6AK8
— Petr “No Mercy” Yan (@PetrYanUFC) March 17, 2021
Grateful that you’re a dirty dickhead. I rather my brain cells you skunt https://t.co/EaSKfOgDqd
Keep playing victim. Softest fighter on the UFC roster https://t.co/Zqqi5ukTyM
Play victim?? Bruh, you really can’t be this dumb, can you? Ahh, I can’t to slap the shit out of you like the coward you are. You dirty prick https://t.co/Xk9hMSbNcu
Just don’t forget to bring your balls to the octagon this time bitch https://t.co/Qtr2BcFk9u
. @PetrYanUFC Yo bro, call me fam on Instagram pic.twitter.com/akYX0gGrH7
— Aljamain Sterling (@funkmasterMMA) March 18, 2021
Tony.
There’s My Bitch ?? Champ Shit Only™? # FatheadsBack pic.twitter.com/JdiuYDTHg4
— Tony Ferguson (@TonyFergusonXT) March 17, 2021
Hermansson.
Stipe looking svelt.
The important things in life.
You mean im gonna get to meet Justin Bieber!!! @triller pic.twitter.com/d7J3kIMRjy
— Funky (@Benaskren) March 17, 2021
Good lord.
Fight poster.
Get ready! Your @DarrenTill2 - @MarvinVettori poster has just dropped

[ #UFCVegas23 | April 10th on @ABCNetwork ] pic.twitter.com/rNrf6sv4uv
— UFC (@ufc) March 17, 2021
Now this is a good poster.
Chad and JT are heroes.
Chad and JT are back! pic.twitter.com/WnBQP1yV9m
— Borrachinha Depot (@FullContactMTWF) March 16, 2021

[h=1]FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS[/h]Harry Hunsucker (7-3) vs. Tai Tuivasa (11-3); UFC Vegas 22, Mar. 20.
Ben Rothwell (38-13) vs. Philipe Lins (14-5); UFC Fight Night, May 8.

[h=1]FINAL THOUGHTS[/h]Thanks for reading and see y’all tomorrow.

[h=1]EXIT POLL[/h]

If you find something you’d like to see in the Morning Report, hit up @JedKMeshew on Twitter and let him know about it. Also follow MMAFighting on Instagram and like us on Facebook.

{feed:enclosure_href }

More...

Back