My ab challenge!!

4 minutes straight is my physical limit. No rest sets. I really don't care to experience the pain past that point.
I can understand that. Pretty impressive you got to the 4 min. mark. It's a lot harder than it seems, but I'm still working towards my goal of 3 min. Check back in a year, lol

Great times EMW and Iron! You all are hitting the 2 min. mark and making it look easy! You can't make me look bad in my own thread! Lol... I know my times suffered from my work schedule the last week or so, but now that things are back to normal (I hope) I should hit 2 min any day now :)

I just finished my 3 sets on my 3rd (non consecutive) day of this.

1: 2:32
2: 2.02
3: 2:01.

I figure the rapid increase in times must be more of a head thing than a physical thing. Though the shaking doesn't start until close to the he 1st minute on the 1st set. 30 seconds or so by the 3rd. I really can't believe that kind of improvement is physical strength; it HAS to be a head thing. For sure my 1st day to 2nd day improvements were a head thing after my "laughed at" episode with my wife! lol! That still cracks me up.....

I am feeling it, though. My midsection definitely has some muscle soreness.

I just finished my 3 sets on my 3rd (non consecutive) day of this.

1: 2:32
2: 2.02
3: 2:01.

I figure the rapid increase in times must be more of a head thing than a physical thing. Though the shaking doesn't start until close to the he 1st minute on the 1st set. 30 seconds or so by the 3rd. I really can't believe that kind of improvement is physical strength; it HAS to be a head thing. For sure my 1st day to 2nd day improvements were a head thing after my "laughed at" episode with my wife! lol! That still cracks me up.....

I am feeling it, though. My midsection definitely has some muscle soreness.

You are passing your pain threshold.

Today was chest day, and at first I decided to start b off with planks and do them between bench press sets.

My first plank set, I did a 3 minute plank.

I decided this might not be such a hot idea before heavy bench press, since planks engage the shoulders and I don't need to fatigue my shoulders before benching. So, I did the 1 3 minute plank before my chest workout, then after my chest workout I followed up with a second plank for a minute and a half.

So:
Set 1: 3 min
Set 2: 1:30

Day 10 (planks)

Set 1 - 2:00 (I finally hit the 2 min. mark! but it took everything I had in me.)
Set 2 - 1:12
Set 3 - 1:01

I can honestly say I would've quit by now if it weren't for you guys motivating me with your times so thanks gentleman :) It may be slow going for me, but I will make it to my goal of 3 min.

Good going, Silk! Glad to see you back to posting in your own thread; I was going to say, "WTF, y'all sacked me into this, and now nobody's doing it anymore???" LOL!

Here are my times for tonight:

3:01
2:02
1:31

Didn't time the "rest" period, but I did them between tricep sets...

I'm very surprised at the rapid improvement. My first go at this and I was shaking like a leaf 15 seconds in. The first set tonight, the shakes didn't really start until the 2 minute mark!

Really not feeling this tonight. I'm on my 7th work day in a row, which started with 3 day shifts, beginning Friday, and then switched to nights Monday night. 12 hour shifts. That said, I dId 2 sets in the company gym during my meal break.

2:00
1:30 estimated. Failed to start the stop watch...

I figure some beats none...

I had to pause my planks. Damn fall allergies. I couldn't stop sneezing and pulled something in my ribs. I should be back to it tomorrow. You guys and gal are kicking ass.

attachment.php

Frog Stand

Attachments

• frog stand.jpeg
    frog stand.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 21
Man you guys are awesome... I've been to the gym like twice in the last week.. and I think only twice last week. I take the dog on a 45 minute fast walk per day LOL! Silk has been awesome sticing to this, but she isn't enjoying the improvements in time thwt you guys are. It takes alot to do this stuff after working 10 - 11 hours, home stuff, 45 minute walk in 90* FL heat.. and then doing this..
Good job Babe! Youve made tremendous progress!
New Pics of Silk in 4 weeks!!

Dud, I get it, it's tough to fit training in around "Life". Silk's doing great; hell, she started this, after all!

I blew off planks over the weekend, back to it yesterday.

2, 2 and 2. Just didn't have the motivation to go past 2 yesterday!

Gonna try to get em in 1st thing today. We'll have to see how that goes.

Okay, it's been a while since I have done my planks due to family issues. So I restarted today and it's obvious. ..

Set 1 2:31
Set 2 1:15
Set 3 1:01

Iron-game, I'm glad you resurrected this thread. I fell off the plank also, but it's been on my mind. I'm going to get back on today and see where I am.

What happened Silk?? What's up with the planks? You're going to need some strong abs to keep you in place during those high speed maneuvers in that new ride!

Back