peak-j

Hey guys, im new to the site, been lurking for a bit. Just getting into lifting, trying to gain some size. Im 5'9", 170.6 lbs. right now. I just got done cutting a little fat the past 2 weeks, i lost about 8 lbs. Now im ready to start putting on some muscle! Just looking for some advice if im going about this right. List of meals right now. Breakfast, 1/2 cup oats, 125 grams of lean ground beef, 1egg, 1tablespoon of CC. Meal 2, 1 large can of tuna, 2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread, tablespoon of CC. 3rd meal, 8 oz. of fish, 100 grams of pasta, 4th, 6oz. Of chicken breast, 50 grams pasta. I also take amp ripped vitapack, wheybolic 60 protein, and C4 before workouts. I take the protein shake after meal 3, then C4, then workout, then another shake. Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Welcome peak-j glad you got off the couch and quit lurking brutha!! You joined a great informative site and ask or speak away ..

welcome (not that ive been around much longer) Ive been lurking for a bit as well, this site has a lot to offer. GL with your journey I wish i was just starting to work out again, that initial explosion of growth is something else.

Welcome to you too Jonnypcoleman ,keep pushin iron and the growth you shall get brutha.. Train your mind to build your body. Read that somewhere on the web and it sounds good..

Welcome. When I joined this site I had been training for 15 years maybe a little more and I was stuck at a tad over 200lbs for years. I was lean and looked good, but I've gained nearly 50lbs since then and I'm just as lean. Follow the info here and you will be well on your way to tremendous gains.
As far as your diet, I don't see much in the way of fats and calories in general. Up the good fats and eat more food and you will see better gains and faster results. It's hard to tell yourself that it's OK to eat the lasagna and subs, but it's GOOD!

Thanks for the welcome guys! Dude i will do some researching on foods to figure out what else i need, im struggling to eat whats there now!!!

Right now im getting around 2100 calories a day, where do you guys think i should be at calorie wise?

Right now im getting around 2100 calories a day, where do you guys think i should be at calorie wise?

I would aim for at least 3200 calories. Your diet is very clean. Loosen it up a bit. My wife was dieting on 2500 calories a day...

Thanks man, i will see what else i can scrounge up to eat on!

Bump your oat intake up to 1 full cup, also you can take a little bit more cottage cheese as well. And as far as other things to add in, try adding some beef jerky for a snack, it's full of protein and will give your taste buds exactly what they want. Also, like The Dude said, add some other foods in, it won't hurt you to just add some calories as your diet is very strict as it is now.

Welcome to MC!!!

Thanks big n! I can eat beef jerky all day long if it was in front of me.

I just so happen to have about 5 lbs of deer meat i can make some up this week!

There you go bro, that'll add some calories and protein to your diet. It's a little high in sodium, but that's not the worst thing you could put in your body

welcome aboard. It really is a like a big family here. please join in on the conversation and by all means, ask for advice or post your questions. we'll do our best to help you out

All of this is a new learning experience for me, a friend of mine got me started with the diet to cut the weight. So its gonna take some time for me to figure some of it out!

Back