no lat machine and no pull up bar

Lats at home gym

I have a home gym too without a lat tower. I do pullups from the rafters(have to use a ladder to get there). I am going to install a pulley soon. They are under $10. Then I will buy a pulldown bar. Has anyone else tried this? Basically, I plan on making a homemade cable crossover machine. I like the big gym, but you can't get the concentration and focus that you can get in total solitude. At home I have an easier time training my mind to build my body. Don't forget one arm rows with a wrist strap.

There's an old exercise that even Arnie used to do. He would put a broom or long stick across two chairs, then laying on the floor underneath the bar, he would grab it and then do a sort of chin-up to the bar. Depending on the height of the bar, you'll hit the lats to various degrees.

saudades said:
There's an old exercise that even Arnie used to do. He would put a broom or long stick across two chairs, then laying on the floor underneath the bar, he would grab it and then do a sort of chin-up to the bar. Depending on the height of the bar, you'll hit the lats to various degrees.
Be sure to use a wide grip so you hands are close to the chairs and not a
close grip - unless you have a sturdy or metal stick. Dont ask how I know!

Back