Ok so tryed taking tums before workout to see if it stopped lactic acid

Presser

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
well i popped 3 tums and i have to tell ya it actualy worked! I have been having some major issue with lactic acid building up so fast it was hindering my workouts, so i tryed the tums and well i didnt have any serious a=lactid acid build up.

I will say this though, i had taken 3 days off so maybe my body was rested well anyhow and the tums would have mattered, so if it starts happening again im going to try the tums the very next day without the break to see if it was realy them working against the lactid acid build up

I thought Tums would only stop stomach acid. Interesting, I may try that.

I thought Tums would only stop stomach acid. Interesting, I may try that.

well like i said i was well rested with days off, and also because i read it would help maybe it was half in my head and half due to rest but i do know that day was solid with no L.A build up preventing me from any sets like it has been

what is it that happens that makes you suspect lactic acid?

btw, just noticed your 55k posts. thats over 5000 a year. let you never use the term 'post whore' again. lol

I just did some research on anti gas and indigestion stuff because I have reflux. One thing to keep in mind with taking tums or anything that coats your stomach is that your absorption of nutrients suffers. I take synthroid everyday for my crappy thyroid and it recommends taking it on an empty stomach and to avoid antacids for at least 4 hours. Just wanted to let you know.

I just did some research on anti gas and indigestion stuff because I have reflux. One thing to keep in mind with taking tums or anything that coats your stomach is that your absorption of nutrients suffers. I take synthroid everyday for my crappy thyroid and it recommends taking it on an empty stomach and to avoid antacids for at least 4 hours. Just wanted to let you know.

Do you happen to know if prescription acid reflux meds work like that too? I take Protonix for acid reflux. I don't think it works the same way as Tums, but still curious.

I think it stops the pumps that produce acid. I am pretty sure its stuff that has a calcium carbonate base that you have to worry about. Dude I took protonix for a couple of days and I was going about every ten minutes. It was insane. I know several people that take it and it works great but I wasn't one of them.

Back