Pics of me - Provincials April 5 and Now...look at the gains!

IronGurl said:
thanks guys...I actually logged off this forum feeling like S**t

Sorry that someone had to rain on your parade!! I'm just waiting to get some criticism like that being that I have put on a considerable amount of muscle in the last year, and have been posting alot of my pics.

You look great, keep up the hard work. Can't wait to see the pic before your show in April. Keep us posted.

Ya know, we can't stay lean and dehydrated like that all year. We do have to have some down time where we bulk up...geeze B2S give her a break, I dont believe you need to be so harsh with your comments. Granted, we are all entitled to our own opinion, but there are ways to be tactful. Whether you are or aren't attracted to a woman that is built like Irongurl is not what is important here. She had the nerve to post her pics, and that means alot. It's comments like you made that keeps others from posting their pics.

Wow SF I want to thank you saying that. I mean yes there are a lot of guys who don't like muscular women, but there are also lots of men who do. Just like some men prefer busty women and some prefer not so busty women. Everyone has preferences and that is what makes us unique. Like I said before, working out for me is not about trying to attract the opposite sex.

Oh and SF, saw ur contest pics..wow! Great shape honest...I love a strong back. We need more strong women around here....i hate it when women play the ditzy helpless female role!! I am not a feminist, but god love strong women who choose to do something they love even if it is not the social norm!!

Excellent pics Irongirl, keep up the good work! Can't wait to see you in contest shape this time! Outstanding!

I can understand why you took B2S comments to heart. I think he just meant a woman looks more attractive when she is more defined and in shape (not the competition dehydrated look) rather than them all bulky and bloated. I would think its no different than a girl to say they don't like a guy who is 260+ and bloated....I would think most would prefer a guy more defined and in shape.

The thing is you have to get big, bulky, and bloated to add size. Its part of the sick game we play.

Last edited:
Welcome Irongurl

Welcome to MC. To me it looks like you have added size proportionately. You had good legs before and they look even better now. If you are successful in getting to the same level of leaness for your next contest I'm certain that you will look better and more symetrical with the added muscle on your frame and with more size on your upper body.

So after the holidays are over you can kick your strict diet into high gear and slowly take off the extra bf. We'll all be interested in seeing your progress pics as you start to lean out again.

Good luck in meeting your goals!

Hey VA MadDog! I already started my diet 6 days ago for April 3 2004 and have lost 7 pounds. I was 160 and am now 153. Already I can see my abs beleive it or not. YA HOO....u guys just wait....if I do this diet right (slow and steady) I will come in ripped to shit! I cannot wait to keep you guys posted!

Thanks for your complements...symmetry is everything to me....gotta have the legs matching the upper body!

New Pics

These were taken about 10 min ago tonight (Friday, Nov 7) after 6 days of dieting!

Weight:153
Height 5'3.5"
Calves 16"
Biceps 15"
Thighs 23"
Waist 28"
Hips 34"
Chest 39"

Attachments

• mepinkpj\'sfrontdbbi.jpg
    mepinkpj\'sfrontdbbi.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,046
Looking good

Looking good Irongurl.

7 lbs in 6 days is a whole lot for someone your weight and height. As I'm sure you recognize, it has to be mostly water loss, but that does help tighten you up fast. The bf loss will come more slowly, which is the way you want to drop it so that you can retain that hard earned muscle.

I was giving you a little slack to indulge a bit over the holidays - lol

It's hard to hide over in the corner with a glass of water while everyone else is enjoying all of the holiday treats. Remember you have almost 6 months to your contest, so some occasional cheating is allowed as long as you don't over do it. It will keep you sane. Good luck!

Oh for SURE VAMadDog! Trust me, I already thought about christmas! Hell, my family thinks I am a wacko anywaze for living the lifestyle I do. They just don't understand. I bet if I smoked I wouldn't get as much BS from other people. Do u compete VA? And ya, most of the weight would be water...but it gives me all the more incentive to keep going! I don't know why this is, but I have not had any crazy cravings since I began and usually I am the one who goes to the corner store and buys 15.00 worth of junk food and eats it all till I feel sick to my stomach !! Hey, I am not complaining tho!

Awwww

A pic of me before ever competing in a BB show...back when I had estrogen ....LMAO

Attachments

• lee-ann1.jpg
    lee-ann1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,016
Last edited:
At that point in the pic, I was a top level triathlete in my province....can't beleive I made the switch to BB! I love it now!

You must enjoy challenges

Well Irongurl you must enjoy challenges. First a triathlete and now BBing, good for you. As you have figured out by now, a lot of what makes someone successful in BBing is an ability to develop a sound plan that will work for you and then stick to it. The discipline that is required is significant - but the cool thing is that it will transfer over into other parts of your life in positive ways if you let it.

I am an "old" natty competitor, in the masters class now for a few years. My last contest was this past September. I have some pics posted in the members competition photo section. I may look for a couple of shows next summer. I'd like to find two that would be two weeks apart and within a reasonable distance. That is sometimes easier said than done.

Whoa Mama! You look good either way! Keep on keepin' on.

I have to respect anyone that goes in for a body transformation, adding quality size. I know many guys at my gym that are on the right track, however, we only have a few women that really train hard.

I can tell you that I have the greatest respect for any women that pushes the limits of what is "socially acceptable", the amount of dedication required is nothing short of increadable.

My wife started training for "figure" about a year ago but has recently re-focused for bodybuilding. She trains with me and by herself, but most people just try and stay out of her way.

In a nutshell: let NO one rain on your parade! You just stay focused and true to what you want, your goals, and never look back.

You look GREAT, keep up ALL the hard work.

Cheers,

JB

Back