Posing during workout.?

IrishByBlood

Do you guys do any posing while you workout? For example when you are working chest....in between sets do you flex your chest.? If you do what is the value in it?

Ive seen a couple of decent looking BB in my new gym and they do this with every body part they workout.

Posing is bad doing isometrics between sets is OK. I do them to essentially get a few more "reps".

Posing can be beneficial and recommend it to anyone I coach within reason. After working biceps, hitting a double bi pose and holding it a few seconds can intensify the pump. Or a most muscular or side chest after a chest workout. Gym floor definitely not the place for a posing routine. Practice should be done separately. Up to the individual, but flexing the area worked does help in development.

I agree with Gerry. Flexing muscles worked a bit between sets is one thing, but full on posing routine between sets is a bit goofy. If you are going to do all that go into one of the mirrored rooms and pose.

I know it may not be politically correct to pose in front of other members but I see nothing wrong with hitting a few brief poses when pumping upper body. To some its showing off.....its really like Brett Favre tossing the football at a family picnic, its what we do. Is that showing off? Only if you consider BB to be a vain sport which I really don't. No different than the author of a novel showing one of his books to someone. My gym is in a small market and 35 lb dumbbells are considered "heavy".

Ok I addressed the ahem ethics of posing, which as posters have said is OK but the actual routines need to be done in private. That being said, yes you should hit some shots, it can only help you. The pencils necks and the Dentists wives be damned

I will do it on occasion, but I don't stand there and stare at myself in the mirror for 15 minutes like some of these idiots will do around here. They've never done a show in their lives, and will never do a show and they're just posing to pose. If you do it after a set like Gerry T said and flex afterwards it can intensify the pump which is what we're all trying to get out of it. But if you're doing abs and then pulling your shirt up to see them, you're a homo lol. Anyone who's done any type of posing knows that you have a hard time flexing your abs after they've been trained and they don't look as good as they normally would when you haven't done crunches or something

These guys in my gym appear to be doing short poses after a set to benefit the pump. They're not exaggerated with it. They hit it quick and move on but they doit with all body parts the work. I've done this a couple times and it does seem to increase the pump that's why I asked. I've not seen anybody do a full on posing routin in the gym.

i pose often between sets, but only few seconds at a time and not holding them like in prejudging lol...i feel it's given me more separation even at higher bodyfat and also on times i've taken extended breaks from training (i'd still pose in bathroom mirror every time i pee) kept alot my shape of the muscles

I always flex my chest, bis, tris, and traps if I'm working that body part. Engorging the muscle full of blood, it fatigues them faster but I feel it helps stretch the muscle.

I flex and pose a bit beytween sets, I believe Arnold use to do Isometics/flex inbetween every working set for all exercises, atleast i read that, but anyhow yeah i do it, not like a duesch bag, and only real brief and try to make it not noticable or not like im trying to show off and look like a duesch bag

I flex and pose a bit beytween sets, I believe Arnold use to do Isometics/flex inbetween every working set for all exercises, atleast i read that, but anyhow yeah i do it, not like a duesch bag, and only real brief and try to make it not noticable or not like im trying to show off and look like a duesch bag

I do it hidden as possible too lol

I like to do a complete posing routine in front of mirror where the dumbells are. I also wear white spandex with no underwear and I wear my weight lifting gloves while posing. Gives me that lost Village People guy feeling. Lmao

Like the cop one Bro? :)
Yea. Village People got a Cowboy, Cop, etc. I'm go out for posing weight lifter. Lol
ney. Just funny to me how everybody makes a deal out of people posing while lifting. Who cares hell that's why we all do this vanity and to look good. i don't pose cause I don't know shit about it but if I competed. I would work on my form all the time. Including while I was lifting on the gym floor. I do some flexing now but not much. But I don't try to hide it cause I could give a fuck if somebody doesn't like me posing or flexing. We all want that muscle to grow and we all check it out in the mirror.

Back