Professional Bodybuilding sucks ......

I do agree that some of the competitors that are more appealing to look at should be placed higher. As far as the local bodybuilder goes we are making the most of the cards we are delt. the very symetrical athletes with appealing lines have a gift. This does not mean that anyone who is not blessed should ever let that from holding them back from chasing their dream. This is a good thread!
Last contest competed at 221.

I don't like the extended bellies anymore than anyone else-but concerning the top pro's this is the question you have to ask yourself. Can you imagine Yates or Ronnie NOT being declared the winner when they took the olympia titles?Everyone knows it is harder for a big guy to get in "shape". Should symmetry be more critical than mass and conditioning? yates had the WORST genetics but came in bigger, harder, and in better condition than the others. I was there and saw his lower back and hamstring areas which are the tell tale signs if a guy is on-and he was. You gotta look at the whole package. Look at Dillet-huge, freaky, symmetrical(for a serious freak) and he never really did anything. As for the days of the 280 pound olympia champs being over-yeah, I agree. In 2 years the champ will be 300 and ripped. It will never go back to the way it was-unless you have a male fitness contest. Bodybuilding has not been marketed correctly for the masses-it has been marketed to keep weider on top. Look at the contest itself-it just is not as appealing to the average joe like boxing, football, etc. It is only appealing to the hardcore. I really do not think drugs have such a negative effect on the sport. if drug usage really deters people from a particular sport then what is going to happen to the Olympics ,the NFL et al after the THG scandal blows up? Think those sports will fall apart as everyone learns that their heros are juiced to the gills? Be for real. People rationalize things to the point that they are acceptable. We all know that major sports are loaded with enhancing compounds. The cat is out of the bag now(THG) and many more heads will roll. Question is-how many more underground labs are making modified AAS where the drugs are undetectable because the testers do not have the known metabolites for these compounds? They got lucky with THG. As for the legality aspect of AAS, they are legal in many countries. Our politicians are to F'd to do the rational thing and LEGALIZE them. They are everywhere and no way to stop it. Competitive bodybuilding will continue to march to the beat of the same drummer that it always has-the hardcore.

Back