repping out 225 on the bench

man I cant even do 135 for a set of 20....lol jk I can do 225 for about 16 or so, and Ijust started doing flat bench again 6 weeks ago...

So Presser, if I eat baking soda prior to a lifting session should I be able to pump out more reps or am I misunderstanding? If that works I'll have to give it a try one of these days... btw, how much do you eat?

Thanks,,,,bigjosh

When I went to the combine in 98 the Nfl scouts would use a 45 ,35 and 10lb tubular weight. So my agent would have all of his guys rep out with 235 to get use to it. The worst is all the scouts there and the guys running it counting out loud your reps while your doing them. If you dont lock it out all the way according to them it doesnt count, if they think you bounced to much off your chest it doesnt count. Your count could be 15, 15 ,16,17,18,18,18,19 like that and your like what the f@#k it messes with your head. I got 27 reps with 5 takin away for supposivly bad technique!

A good friend of mine who is a WR for a pro NFL team just got 35 at 225. I wouldn't have believed him if I didn't see it. He always tells me i'm juicen so I just said it's got to be the juice. Unfourtunately the coach heard me and made him piss... HA. He was a little ticked at me. lol

radical_P said:
A good friend of mine who is a WR for a pro NFL team just got 35 at 225. I wouldn't have believed him if I didn't see it. He always tells me i'm juicen so I just said it's got to be the juice. Unfourtunately the coach heard me and made him piss... HA. He was a little ticked at me. lol

Smith, Muhammed, Proel, Young?.......lol

BLEED GREEN said:
Smith, Muhammed, Proel, Young?.......lol

Now bleed you know I can't say that. I do work with about 4 pro teams now as their consultant so it could be anyone.....:D

Don't know flat bench reps (I only do dumbells flat), but incline I did 15 reps at 225 last night. My best incline bench is 285, still can't get 315 incline - that's a life long goal or so it seems.

DrG

Here's how to find out your 1 rep bench press max based on your 10 rep max.

A team of graduate students, getting their Phd in exercise physiology, at a local university working in conjunction with local bodybuilders and powerlifters developed the following formula. It's really incredible how accurate it is. Try it on yourself.

Let's say a person can do 315 for 10 reps.

Take the 315 and subtract the waist circumference. Let's say that's 38.
then take that number and subtract the person's age. Let's say that's 30.
then take that number and add 12% of their bodyweight weight. let's say they weigh 235.
take that number and subtract their arm length, both arms from shoulder cap to wrist bone. Let's say that's 23" for each arm=46
take that number and multiply it by the number of reps they did at 315, which is 10.
take that number and multiply it by the number of reps they can get 30 reps with, let's say that's 225.
then take the square root of that number.
And next divide that number by 1.459

In this case, the person's 1 rep max would theoretically be 491.98 pounds. This formula is incredibly accurate in the real world.

Let's take one more example with a different person:

Let's say this person can do 275 for 10 reps.

Take the 275 and subtract the waist circumference. Let's say that's 34.
then take that number and subtract their age. Let's say that's 24.
then take that number and add 12% of their weight. Let's say they weigh 205.
take that number and subtract their arm length, both arms from shoulder cap to wrist bone. Let's say that's 22" for each arm=44
take that number and multiply it by the number of reps they did at 275, which is 10.
take that number and multiply it by the number of reps they can get 30 reps with, let's say that's 175.
then take the square root of that number.
And next divide that number by 1.459

In this second case, the person's 1 rep max would theoretically be 403.45 pounds.

Give it a try and see how accurate it is. You do have to remember this formula only works with people experienced with weight training. It is not applicable to an untrained person or somebody in their first week back after a year layoff.

MaxRep

I can rep 225lbs a lot but do not max out anymore due to previous shoulder injuries. I train chest with high reps and dont get over 315 for 10 reps.

I wish I could do more I won't brag about my bench press but curling is a diffrent story!!!

i did 225 for 25, my best ever.......i usually get around 21-22 reps
i better hit the weights and get that number up to at least 30!!!

re: reps with 225

Its been awhile since i tried that...if i remember correctly is was around 47-48..just under 50 is what i seem to remember. Thats when my max bench was 575 for 5 reps...also did 405 close grip for 19...i was hovering around 275lbs at the time.
Peace,
P

Re: re: reps with 225

PRAETORIAN said:
Its been awhile since i tried that...if i remember correctly is was around 47-48..just under 50 is what i seem to remember. Thats when my max bench was 575 for 5 reps...also did 405 close grip for 19...i was hovering around 275lbs at the time.
Peace,
P

Holy shit that's strong!! My best with 225 is 38 reps last year - haven't tried since then.

Back