short vs long cycle

If one plans on running long cycles end on end, then don't plan on coming off.. Use HCG with all long cycles if that's the cause, to avoid perm. shut down....

I've read several posts in the past that claim perm shut down is a myth

read 1 post where a guy claimed to be on for 2 years- came off used proper PCT-got checked and everything went back to normal in 2 weeks

I've read several posts in the past that claim perm shut down is a myth

read 1 post where a guy claimed to be on for 2 years- came off used proper PCT-got checked and everything went back to normal in 2 weeks

Bro.. please, please, do not heed that advise nor listen to it, no matter where you heard it... Perm shut down is very real and very scary.... trust me.... it can happen, and has happened to so many people that I met and came accross in this humble sport...

hey I don't believe everything that I read, but I'm just saying that if a person has proper PCT they should be able to rebound versus someone that just comes off cold turkey

I guy that I know personally was on for like 5 years straight HEAVY CYCLE-I'm talking a ridiculous amount of shit

he got off used proper PCT and a month later he had his hormone levels checked and everything came up good

that's just one example I'm sure that there a plenty of people who have crashed hard

i have read very few posts on boards where guy ran 'HIT' cycles and were pleased with the gains. that being said, nuk has a point. what you got to lose? keep doing what youve always done, keep getting what youve always gotten. change and experimenting is the lifeblood of our sport.

Dorian, the only thing I would consider if I was you, is to drop the winstrol in favor of another oral. Winstrol really reeks havoc on your lipid profile and cholesterol. It trashed me this summer, and now I am a candidate for Lipitor. FYI. otherwise I am sure it will work, but personally myself, the only short ones I do are heavy bulkers. Too many anabolics take a long time to see the maximum benefit. I like 20 week cycles myself with a healthy PCT on the backend and my protocal for PCT last 8wks in itself.

Big JC

good point, the reason I'm going with the winny is that dbol bloats the shit out of me-to the point of pain
anadrol makes me sick to my stomach to the point that I can't eat the way I need to

going with winny the 1st 2 or 3 weeks then dropping it 50mg/day
like I said earlier I have tried short cycles in the past but that was many years ago and I didn't run a cruise cycle in between

more than likely I will run the cycle for the 1st 4 weeks and then after that make my decision to keep going or split it up

Ok here is MY opinion on This whole discussion Take it how you will:

It all depends on your overall goals.

If you are just looking for overall Physique improvement. Then it is my belief that you plan out a cycle. Stick to it. PCT Off. Then Get Blood work done to see where you are at. Give yourself adequate time to recover. Anywhere from 6-8 weeks. Then plan out another cycle and go with it until you reach your desired destination. "GOAL"

If you are looking to use AAS to further yourself in a career than involves a sport I.E.- Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, Strongman

Then, It is Best to Blast and Cruise. In other words. Never come Off. That way, You can ALWAYS maintain EVERY GAIN you achieve from your cycle and keep progressing forward.

Or In other ways, Like people who are on TRT, they take their prescribed amount of Testosterone dose, then choose to run a cycle. After the completion of their cycle, they return to their TRT dosing again. (This is a category I fall in)

THE MAIN THING FOR NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO IS TO ALWAYS HAVE ROUTINE BLOODWORK DONE. The whole WORKS. To find out exactly where you are at. How healthy you are. If there ANY problems arising. If you need to STOP what you are doing ECT...

Another KEY is moderation, if it's your First Couple of Cycles, don't go all HE-MAN and do 1gram of Test Per Week, and stack 3 different compounds. That's just being PLAIN DUMB.

Now, to go to the Original Question. LONG or SHORT. Well it all depends on your Goals really, and what you are running for compounds. You can ge what you want out of your compounds if they are Short Ester-ed Between the 8-10 week period. Long Esters usually a good Ending Point is anywhere from 14-20 weeks. Obviously You can't run EQ for 8 weeks and think you are going to get any results from that. It's just NOT going to happen. And dosing is another thing... You can't expect to make spectacular gains off of 200mgs of DECA and 100mgs of Test. Or 10mgs of Dbol/Winstrol/Anadrol. You have to know what strengths to run, and for what durations. Let's use EQ for example. It is my belief that unless you run a minimum of 600-800mgs EW for 16 weeks you will not see worth while results.. yes you can run less for shorter amount of time, but you will not get the TRUE benefit out of it unless you do it adequately.

There is A LOT that goes INTO using AAS correctly. It's not just a MIRACLE. You need to have everything in order.. Diet, Training, Sleep. It all plays a factor.

So to recap: Long Cycles are Great, and Short Cycles are Great !! As long as it is DONE correctly and you know exactly what you are doing, what your plans are, and your final overall Goals happen to be.

THIS HAS ALL BEEN MY OPINION and SHOULD BE REGARDED AS SUCH. It is NOT a GUIDE, nor is IT SOMETHING that I think THAT if EVERYONE DOESN'T FOLLOW THAT THEIR CYCLES WILL BE A WASTE. It's JUST HOW I honestly think and FEEL about AAS and their Usage.

Hope this helped and shed some light. :thumbsup:

thanks for the input guys, I'll get started in a couple of weeks and try to keep a decent log book and keep you informed

if things slow down in 4 weeks I'll take 4 off and then resume
if I'm still making good gains at the end of 4 weeks then I'll continue...

I'll just wait and see what happens according so

Depends on if its a cutter or a bulker for me, I like 10 to 12 weeks max for my cutters unless I was getting ready for a show, havent done one. If im bulking i like long esters for around 14 or 16 weeks.

I think your idea would work good, it would definitely be a way to shock the body and keep gains consistant.

Back