The 6 Best NordicTrack Treadmills of 2023

Muscle Insider

NordicTrack started out making ski cardio machines in the 1970s, but since then, they’ve grown into one of the world’s most well-known treadmill companies. And it’s no mystery why: NordicTrack’s treadmills offer HD ... Read more
The post The 6 Best NordicTrack Treadmills of 2023 appeared first on BarBend.

NordicTrack started out making ski cardio machines in the 1970s, but since then, they’ve grown into one of the world’s most well-known treadmill companies. And it’s no mystery why: NordicTrack’s treadmills offer HD touchscreens, a wide array of technological features, and stout, durable builds that give users the feel of having a commercial treadmill in their home.

But buying a treadmill is a big investment, so it’s important to make sure that the one you get is keyed toward how you like to work out. If you prefer walking to running, NordicTrack offers models with lower top speeds. Are you a fan of hill work? Check out one of NordicTrack’s incline treadmills. Looking for a good training program? NordicTrack Treadmills are built to work with iFit, a platform that offers a dizzying number of streamable workouts. We took various needs and preferences into consideration and put the miles in to find the best NordicTrack treadmills for your home gym.

The Best NordicTrack Treadmills
How We Tested
The team at BarBend has been testing treadmills and other gym equipment for years. Our staff is made up of athletes, certified fitness instructors, and fitness enthusiasts, and we’ve spent countless miles on treadmills in training and for testing purposes. For this article, we ran treadmills through various tests to measure cushioning, speed, incline, and overall user experience to find the best ones to suit a variety of fitness goals.

Best NordicTrack Treadmill Overall: NordicTrack Commercial 1750

NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill

NordicTrack-1750-Treadmill-Coupon-275x275-1.png

NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill

The NordicTrack Commercial 1750 is made for the tech-loving runner. This high-tech treadmill features a touchscreen monitor that can tilt and rotate, and offers automatic incline, decline, and speed adjustments based on the workout you choose.

Shop NordicTrack

Specs
  • Top Speed: 12 mph
  • Incline Range: -3% to 12%
  • Display: 14-inch HD touchscreen
  • Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
  • Price: $2,499
Pros

• The pivoting 14-inch touchscreen rotates so that you can follow along with off-treadmill workouts.
    Many treadmills only offer incline settings, but this one offers decline settings as well.
    Despite features that you’ll find on high-end treadmills, this treadmill falls in the middle of the price range.
Cons

• If you’re on a tight budget and willing to sacrifice some features, there are cheaper options.
    Those who aren’t interested in streaming classes may want something more basic.
    At 80 inches long and 38 inches wide, this treadmill takes up a lot of floor space.
If you’re trying to find the perfect balance between features and affordability, you’re not going to find a better option than NordicTrack’s Commercial 1750 treadmill. Its 3.5 continuous-duty horsepower (CHP) motor can adjust the speed up to 12 miles per hour quickly, making it ideal for interval workouts. And while the 12 percent incline is standard for a high-end treadmill, the -3 percent decline is an option that you don’t see in many treads in this price range.

BarBend-tests-out-the-best-treadmills.png
Jake tests the NordicTrack Commercial 1750
For those who like online programming, the 1750 comes with a free month of iFit online programming, which offers thousands of live and on-demand classes that can take place both on and off the treadmill. The 14-inch HD touchscreen is bright and responsive, and can rotate up and down as well as 360 degrees, so you can follow along with off-treadmill workouts.

One of our favorite features on this treadmill is the AutoAdjust feature, which will adjust the speed and incline to match the terrain on your screen. “The first time the treadmill started adjusting into a decline while I was running, it shocked me a little,” our tester says. “It was cool to be watching myself running down a hill and then actually feel like I was running down a hill.”

Read our full NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Review.

Best NordicTrack Treadmill for the Money: NordicTrack EXP 7i

NordicTrack EXP 7i Treadmill

This tread still goes all the way up to 12 percent incline and 12mph in speed, plus it comes with a free one-month iFit membership (a $39 value). The adjustable cushioning can also help lower the impact on your joints, or mimic the feel of a road race if you are training for something on rougher terrain.

Shop NordicTrack

Specs
  • Top Speed: 10 mph
  • Incline Range: 0% to 12%
  • Display: 7-inch HD touchscreen
  • Price: $1,299
Pros

• At $1,299, this treadmill offers features that you’d find in much more expensive treadmills.
    You can adjust the cushioning to simulate running on various types of terrain.
    The incline and speed settings automatically adjust to the suggested settings for whatever class or virtual run you’re taking.
Cons

• The 7-inch touchscreen is the smallest on this list.
    There are no preset workouts, so if you don’t subscribe to the iFit membership after the trial ends, you’re stuck with manual mode.
The NordicTrack EXP 7i is proof that buying a budget treadmill doesn’t have to mean sacrificing functionality. At just over $1,000, this treadmill offers a top speed of 12 miles per hour, inclines up to 12 percent, and quick speed transitions, thanks to the 2.6 CHP motor. It also offers NordicTrack’s Runner’s Flex Cushioning, which adjusts the running deck’s firmness to suit your preferences.

The sub-$1,500 price range doesn’t have many treadmills with screens, but the EXP 7i comes with a 7-inch touchscreen that allows you to follow along with any of the thousands of classes and scenic runs that come with the free month of iFit programming. You can opt out of the iFit membership after the free trial, but your workout options will be limited to manual mode. However, if you do shell out the $180 for a yearly individual plan, you’ll be able to use one of the EXP 7i’s coolest features — its auto-adjust capability, which changes your speed and incline to follow iFit’s programming.

Best NordicTrack Treadmill for Running: NordicTrack Commercial 2450

NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill

NordicTrack-Commercial-2450-BarBend-Coupon-275x275-1.png

NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill

The NordicTrack 2450 is one of the most high-tech treadmills on the market. It features a 22-inch touchscreen display that can tilt to your comfort level, and rotate 360 degrees. Your purchase includes a free month of iFit, and all of your trainer-led classes offer automatic adjustments to the incline, decline, and speed settings.

Shop NordicTrack

Specs
  • Incline Range: -3% to 12%
  • Display: 22-inch HD touchscreen
  • Price: $2,999
Pros

• The huge 22-inch touchscreen creates an immersive environment for scenic runs.
    This treadmill has an incline range of -3 to 12 percent, which is perfect for runners who are training for hilly courses.
    The powerful 3.6 CHP motor can maintain higher speeds without wearing down the motor, making it more durable over time.
Cons

• The $2,999 price tag may put it out of some people’s budgets.
    If you’re not interested in scenic runs or online classes, the screen might be overkill.
The NordicTrack 2450 offers loads of features that are perfect for the dedicated runner. First off, the 3.6 CHP motor can easily sustain higher speeds without wearing down, which makes it ideal for daily runners. For runners who use their heart rate to guide their training, the Activepulse technology pairs with NordicTrack’s SmartBeat Heart Rate Monitor (sold separately) to adjust speed and incline to keep you in your optimal heart rate zone.

And to prepare runners for those knee-pounding downhill sections, the 2450’s incline setting can go down to -3 percent. While NordicTrack is known for its extra-soft running decks, your joints may appreciate the cushioning when running at a decline. “I have ankle issues,” our tester says. “I really appreciated the extra cushioned deck.”

This treadmill’s 22-inch HD touchscreen is perfect for the immersive scenic runs that come with the free month-long trial to NordicTrack’s iFit programming. These runs use Google Maps to provide virtual runs all over the world, from jungle runs in Costa Rica to a guided walking tour of the Great Pyramids in Egypt.

Read our full NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Review.

Best Incline NordicTrack Treadmill: NordicTrack Commercial X22i

NordicTrack X22i Treadmill

NordicTrack-X22i-Incline-Treadmill-BarBend-Coupon-275x275-1.png

NordicTrack X22i Treadmill

The NordicTrack Commercial X22i is built for those who want to climb. The machine inclines up to 40 percent and declines down to -6 percent. It features a Sled Push option where you can power the belt with your own leg drive, and it has a 22-inch touchscreen display where you can follow your workout and take iFit classes.

Shop NordicTrack

Specs
  • Incline Range: -6% to 40%
  • Display: 22-inch HD touchscreen
  • Price: $3,499
Pros

• The -6 to 40 percent incline range goes higher (and lower) than you’ll find on most treadmills.
    This tread has a huge 22-inch HD touchscreen.
    The cushioning on this treadmill adjusts to users’ weights, providing custom cushioning for multiple users.
Cons

• This treadmill doesn’t fold up, and it takes a good amount of space.
    If a huge incline setting isn’t a priority, there are much cheaper options out there.
If you’re training for a mountain summit, a hilly race, or you love running on inclines, the Commercial X22i was built for you. With a whopping 40-percent incline, this treadmill offers the steepest incline we’ve ever seen (most treadmills max out at 12 to 15 percent). Even at that height, the X22i’s 4.0 CHP motor can maintain a top speed of 12 mph, though we’ll be impressed if you can keep that speed with the incline cranked up to 40 percent. In addition, the decline goes down to -6 percent, which is double the -3 percent you’ll find on many treadmills.

Also, this treadmill has a running bed that adjusts its cushioning depending on the user’s weight, making it easier on heavy runners’ joints during downhill runs. The large 22-inch touchscreen pairs well with the free month of iFit programming. In addition to thousands of live and on-demand classes, iFit offers guided runs and walking tours. During testing, we found the huge screen created an immersive experience as the treadmill automatically adjusted the speed and incline to match the coach’s pace and the trail’s terrain.

While that steep incline is handy (and maybe overkill) for running hills, it’s also extremely useful for upping the calorie burn during walking workouts. “Walking on the X22i at a steep incline is extremely low-impact, but it’s a solid burn,” says one tester who used it as a finisher after CrossFit workouts. “It felt like a stair-stepper, but without the steps.”

Read our full NordicTrack Commercial X22i Review.

Best NordicTrack Treadmill for Walking: NordicTrack EXP 7i

NordicTrack-EXP-7i-Treadmill-275x275-1.jpg

This tread still goes all the way up to 12 percent incline and 12mph in speed, plus it comes with a free one-month iFit membership (a $39 value). The adjustable cushioning can also help lower the impact on your joints, or mimic the feel of a road race if you are training for something on rougher terrain.

Shop NordicTrack

Specs
  • Top Speed: 10 mph
  • Incline Range: 0% to 12%
  • Display: 7-inch HD touchscreen
  • Price: $1,299
Pros

• The 2.6 CHP motor is ideal for walking and light jogging.
    Onetouch controls on the console make it fast and easy to change speed and incline.
    It has a top incline of 12 percent, which is perfect for ramping up the intensity of a walking workout.
Cons

• It has a 7-inch touchscreen, which may be too small for people with so-so eyesight.
    The customizable cushioning has to be adjusted manually.
    There are no built-in workout programs, so you’ll need an iFit membership to get the most out of this treadmill’s features.
You don’t have to run to get a good workout — walking on a treadmill is a great way to burn calories. And the NordicTrack Commercial EXP 7i is a great option for walkers. The 2.6 CHP motor is more than capable of handling walking speeds, even at the top of its incline range. Speaking of incline, this tread tops out at 12 percent, which is an excellent way to crank up the intensity of a walking workout. You can also customize the deck’s cushioning to mimic running outside or to soften the impact on your joints.

The only real bone to pick with this...

Click here to view the article.

Back