Tore my bicep today

Okay I think I may have dodged a bullet here. I've done both of these test to see if you have a distal bicep tendon rupture and I pass both test. On the hook test I can hook the tendon and feel its still there, exactly how much I dont know but it is still attached. On the second video the gap measures 5.5cm and to fail the test it should measure OVER 6 cm, I know this is close but heck a pass is a pass. I think the hook test is the big one here, being able to feel the tendon makes me feel a ton better.

As for the injury itself, I feel about 50% better than I did on Thursday or Friday. I still have zero pain, I have full range of motion and do not have any spasms or cramping.

- - - Updated - - -
Dammit the board wont let me link the second video. Here is the youtube like. Sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-qeb2BU6C0

Good thing you don't have pain sometimes it feels like a knife is going into mine.

You got so lucky. Your front double bicep won't be as great, but I think you'll recover fast. I think with this injury IGF is better suited. You'll recover faster than you think. You'll be curling more than a couple pounds in a month

The Dude Approved

When do you think I should start the IGF Dude?

As soon as you get to look at the MRI and hear for certain that you don't need surgery. If you're 100% confident that you don't now, I would wait for 100% of the swelling to subside and have at it

The Dude Approved

I got some more physical therapy today. My buddy gave me some other kind of test, I forget the name, but basically had to use a reverse grip and pull rotationally with my palm down and pull his arm toward me. I know thats a fucked up explanation, but I passed the test and he said its a great sign. He said he can feel the muscle attachment to the tendon and I'm doing good.

He said I should heal up pretty good and faster than I think I will. I'm real tempted to start the IGF in the bicep.

I got some more physical therapy today. My buddy gave me some other kind of test, I forget the name, but basically had to use a reverse grip and pull rotationally with my palm down and pull his arm toward me. I know thats a fucked up explanation, but I passed the test and he said its a great sign. He said he can feel the muscle attachment to the tendon and I'm doing good.

He said I should heal up pretty good and faster than I think I will. I'm real tempted to start the IGF in the bicep.

If you feel good that you don't need surgery, I would start immediately

The Dude Approved

Hey at least you won the spar pssfff who says u cant win @ sparring! Get better soon bro.

Thanks brother. I saw the guy today who I hit. He said his ribs were still sore. I knew I hit him hard I guess I didn't realize just how hard it was. I blasted him...

I've done BJJ & GJJ myself. LMFAO b4 powerlifting I was 5'4 125 I fought guy from 170 to 250 & won w/ GJJ great fighting style jujitsu! I'd love to get some boxing & muay thai training. I'm 176 now sooo I'd love to rematch them... I won but they overpowered me... Now I know I'm stronger than them HAHA plus I have experience in grappling. Really helps! I always enjoyed fighting LMFAO since I was in kindergarten.

Two weeks post distal bicep tear today and the bicep itself does not even feel like it was injured. The only time I feel anything is if I use fast twitch muscles in some kind of reflex action or if the arm is straightened out like in a chest fly position. The bruising which was pretty bad has almost all gone away. I have 100% movement of the forearm. I feel blessed right now that hopefully I can walk away from this with perhaps minor loss in strength and a slight deformity in the bicep.

Knocking on wood I do not further injure it. I'm going to continue to baby it as much as life allows me to for the next month or so. I'll start some light curls(like 2-3 pounds) just to see how its feeling under some pressure.

Give it 2 more weeks of babying it. I'd start low IGF next week. After the two weeks start with a 2 - 3lb dumbbell and just get a pump 2 or 3 times a day

The Dude Approved

Good to hear, I knew you had an appointment around the same time I did for my finger so figured I'd check on you. I got my splint off and was told to wear it only when I was doing something that could injure it like playing sports. Well me being an idiot I rushed out of the house to go to work and left the splint at home and ended up smashing my damn finger which I think re broke it but I don't really wanna go through all this again.

Good to see you're better off than you once thought

Thanks I feel lucky as shit. I started last Sat curling a rubber band. I did 3lb, 5lb and 10lbs curls on Tuesday and there were ZERO issues. I think I'm going to get out of this with only a minor deformity... Going to curl some more tomorrow. I'll warm it up good and maybe go up to 12 and 15 pounds if it feels okay.

Thanks I feel lucky as shit. I started last Sat curling a rubber band. I did 3lb, 5lb and 10lbs curls on Tuesday and there were ZERO issues. I think I'm going to get out of this with only a minor deformity... Going to curl some more tomorrow. I'll warm it up good and maybe go up to 12 and 15 pounds if it feels okay.

That IGF will have a tremendous impact on how quickly that heals. Regardless I would set limits every two weeks. With muscle tears it's all good until it lets go. Very little warning and usually no pain

Very true Dude, but I had warning signs for the original tear. Exactly one weak prior while rolling on the mats I felt as if I "threw my arm out" like when you play football or baseball and throw too much. I guess I never realized the warning signs or failed to realized that throwing a punch and an impact from throwing a punch could cause your bicep to tear like it did.

Right now the only sign of the tear is the slight deformity and I fell as if it never happened. Still I'm not going to push myself at all. I'm babying the arm and taking it very easy in all aspects of working out.

Curled 12 pounds today. No pain or weird feeling in the bicep... Scared to DEATH to push the arm however.

Back