umbilical hernia anyone?

irish2003

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
who's had one?
how long were you able to train after first noticing it without surgery?

i just started new job two weeks ago so i'm not in a position to take time off yet and i know recovery is 4-6 weeks...for weeks i kept bumping my belly button area into stuff and thought that was what the pain was from, but last night after rack deads there was a hard lump above my belly button and when i pushed on it my lower left abs felt the pain...also when sitting or bending it feels like i overtrained them and they're kinda cramping like from doing too much ab work (which i don't do abs really anyway)...it might be nothing but my gf had one after her 2nd kid and never got it fixed and her belly button was popped out about 2 inches around

my gf's looked like that til a couple weeks ago when she had to go emergency room and they pushed it back in ...she's had it the last 6 years and can't schedule surgery til spring...it's pushed in now but can pop out at any time...last time she sneezed hard...

i'm paranoid now

Damn bro sorry to hear that! I seen guys back in gym the week after that very surgery! So I guess it depends how bad it is but I've heard many different things on healing time but know a guy personally who said no big deal after surgery

Outty

I know I have shared a lot of issues I have been thru, but I, too, have had my belly button hernia repaired.
it looked a lot like Markus Ruhl's for well over ten years. But it got so painful I had to get it fixed. The dr put a mesh over it and I haven't had any problems at all. Sure does look much better now. I have an inney now.

- - - Updated - - -

And the recovery was about a week. Started lifting about 2 weeks after surgery.

I had one in 2007. I waited like 3 months to get it fixed and even competed in a show. Be careful doing this that build up pressure down there until you get it fixed. Take a break from the squats and deads until you're fixed

I got that too but it's so minor it doesn't bother me at all. I thinnk it really just depends on how bad it is/long you've had it. Supposedly it only gets worse with time. /= Hopefully it doesn't though

I'm pretty sure I have 1 too... Formed last cycle... between deadlifts & my old job being constant deadlifting (I loaded trucks) I think it was too much. Still yet 2 get to a doc & I get wicked stomach pain everyday like a shooting pain. I dont deadlift & haven't since like Dec wow cant believe it's been that long... definitively need to get that resolved before my unemployment ends I just dont have medical. I feel ya bro..

Mine isnt bad maybe the size of a blueberry at most. Doesn't hurt either. Idk when i got it but noticed it like a month or two ago.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

you might want to try a different position you and your girl bumping belly buttons can cause both of problems lol on a serious note i wish the both of you good health and congrats on the new job

Yep, get it repaired. If laparoscopic then recovery is short, which 90% are. It will only get worse not better, if it gets to be incarcerated then you have an emergency surgery on your hands, dont wait too long bro, its an easy fix. Fast recovery.

If something like this happens again you must rush to the local urgent care unit before the symptoms worsen.

Back