what sneakers do you like to train in

Another guy in Shox here. They aren't the most comfortable shoes that I own, but they give me great support where I need it and are very stable.

I don't know what you guys are considering comfortable. If you found a shoe that sucks your toes and strokes your cock I want to know about it!!

You guys ever try just rockin the socks? On squats and deads day, anything overhead its socks only for me.

No but like I said, I've seen videos of Arnold training barefoot. I think that would be awesome. I have been wondering what these shoes were like as they are supposed to closely simulate the natural motions of the foot. They are the Vibram Five Toes.

[media]http://www.kingofpeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/vibram-five-fingers-shoes.jpg[/media]

You guys ever try just rockin the socks? On squats and deads day, anything overhead its socks only for me.

No. I always can tell when I need a new pair because my knees start to hurt on leg day. I want shoes that absorb some of the shock of starting the movement and the the transition from eccentric to concentric.

No. I always can tell when I need a new pair because my knees start to hurt on leg day. I want shoes that absorb some of the shock of starting the movement and the the transition from eccentric to concentric.

Yeah I hear ya. On occasions my heels will get sore so I will put my shoes back on in between sets. I actually think thats more from work, climbing ladders and walking around all day. A couple of guys I train with love those Vibrams. They have been wearing them for about a year. They say its amazing, I dont think I could stand having my toes in something like that. I cant even wear flip flops!

Yeah I hear ya. On occasions my heels will get sore so I will put my shoes back on in between sets. I actually think thats more from work, climbing ladders and walking around all day. A couple of guys I train with love those Vibrams. They have been wearing them for about a year. They say its amazing, I dont think I could stand having my toes in something like that. I cant even wear flip flops!

With your sport I can see the benefit of training barefoot or with minimal support. I would think you guys would have some serious custom foot gear for comps though. For me, if I look at a weight cock eyed I get injured.

Last edited:
With your sport I can see the benefit of training barefoot or with minimal support. I would think you guys would have some serious custom foot gear for comps though. For me, if I look at a weight cock eyed I get injured.

LOL for sure man, I dont have the luxury of any custom foot gear. I actually dont know of any. A lot of guys wear powerlifting shoes for some events, some wear rock climbing shoes for pull events. Everyone has their own preference. I'll go bare foot for heavy stationary lifts, wrestling shoes for carry events, if the carries are not to heavy Ill use nike shox. You can feel them giving way if stuff is too heavy, its kind of distracting. The injuries come with the sport, i think even lifting in general, a buddy of mine just had his distol tendon re-attached, 100% tear. Its all part of the game. I think Im winding down though, not that passionate about it these days, I think because I cant compete. Hopefully be back by Oct.

Back