Who competes or use to

Ya lee priest is the epitome of over eating in the off season. Lol. Guy eats plate of donuts for breakfast and bucket of fried chicken for dinner. Maybe I need to find a new idol. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro I stepped on stage for a non-sanctioned show in 1983 and same in 1984, making me a T Rex. I placed 6th in AAU Chicago, and 3rd in Mr Illinois, both 1986, then last AAU was Central USA in 1990, got 5th. Did a few smaller ones in between. Then came out of retirement in 2013, was in 3 shows in 5 weeks time, got 4th in NPC Continental USA, then 3rd in NPC North Star (formally Northern States) then 4th in Midwest , all in the 50-59 geriatric division. LOL

For those unfamiliar, the AAU was THE federation to compete in for long time, a breeding ground for all the Pros back in the day. Sadly, the Weiders took over and the AAU backed out of BB about 20 yrs ago, now by far, the most covenant organization is now the NPC, the pre-curser to the IFBB, both backed by Weider.

Like Presser said, its whole different beast in the competitive world. I had pretty good genetics, but not in the prized 1% needled to advance. Either by age, power lifting moves or GH, my stomach is distended which no doubt hurts me in competition. Also my last show I was about 3.5% BF and 3.4% was in my AB area, which also hurt my score. It bums me everyday I am stuck with this, I went and got quote for liposuction at $4500, but that still wont address the distention. I'm not even sure a tummy tuck would solve that.

So yes its very very hard work, it consumes almost every waking minute of your day, but looking a tad better every day, makes it worth it. The diet you get used to. I still had my one cheat meal a week, which helps you mentally. I got used to the cardio, now I haven't done one cardio session since my last show, but once you get acclimated to it, its a breeze.

Go for it!! I have some of my trophies displayed on my gym wall, and it motivates me!! The feeling you have when your driving back home with a nice trophy in yr back seat and a pizza in one hand, is one of total contentment. Your glad its over, you can go back to eating and living like a normal human being. But now you have some hardware that only a milli fraction of the population has. Good luck!! Train hard!!

Bro I stepped on stage for a non-sanctioned show in 1983 and same in 1984, making me a T Rex. I placed 6th in AAU Chicago, and 3rd in Mr Illinois, both 1986, then last AAU was Central USA in 1990, got 5th. Did a few smaller ones in between. Then came out of retirement in 2013, was in 3 shows in 5 weeks time, got 4th in NPC Continental USA, then 3rd in NPC North Star (formally Northern States) then 4th in Midwest , all in the 50-59 geriatric division. LOL

For those unfamiliar, the AAU was THE federation to compete in for long time, a breeding ground for all the Pros back in the day. Sadly, the Weiders took over and the AAU backed out of BB about 20 yrs ago, now by far, the most covenant organization is now the NPC, the pre-curser to the IFBB, both backed by Weider.

Like Presser said, its whole different beast in the competitive world. I had pretty good genetics, but not in the prized 1% needled to advance. Either by age, power lifting moves or GH, my stomach is distended which no doubt hurts me in competition. Also my last show I was about 3.5% BF and 3.4% was in my AB area, which also hurt my score. It bums me everyday I am stuck with this, I went and got quote for liposuction at $4500, but that still wont address the distention. I'm not even sure a tummy tuck would solve that.

So yes its very very hard work, it consumes almost every waking minute of your day, but looking a tad better every day, makes it worth it. The diet you get used to. I still had my one cheat meal a week, which helps you mentally. I got used to the cardio, now I haven't done one cardio session since my last show, but once you get acclimated to it, its a breeze.

Go for it!! I have some of my trophies displayed on my gym wall, and it motivates me!! The feeling you have when your driving back home with a nice trophy in yr back seat and a pizza in one hand, is one of total contentment. Your glad its over, you can go back to eating and living like a normal human being. But now you have some hardware that only a milli fraction of the population has. Good luck!! Train hard!!

Thanks brotha for that wonderful story and your background! You were competing when I was a baby. Lol. Sounds like you enjoyed your life with it. I have heard gh will do that to your stomach. I'm hoping to be a good competitor. I have the drive and discipline. Just need to do things right and make the right decisions.

Thanks brotha for that wonderful story and your background! You were competing when I was a baby. Lol. Sounds like you enjoyed your life with it. I have heard gh will do that to your stomach. I'm hoping to be a good competitor. I have the drive and discipline. Just need to do things right and make the right decisions.
You have a wealth of info here on MC, so please ask away. Competing is never easy which is why just a tiny sliver do it. Like I said, BB trophy is rare, unlike golf, softball, bowling or whatever which almost everyone has. It had me thinking of all the grueling years I put in training and the pre-judging lasted what 15 minutes?? Oh well.....

I had my mind made up that I would NEVER EVER compete. Way too shy to step on stage. Yes, that's pretty much the only reason, lol... anyway, last year I met a girl at the gym who was physique size like me. It's rare to meet a girl with the same amount of size and love for this lifestyle. On top of that our men became good friends. She wanted to do her first show and SOMEHOW talked me into it. It would've been this coming May. She ended up having to have surgery and in addition had some other stressful things occur. She decided now would not be the best time to compete and backed out. That left me all alone AFTER I'd told all my friends I'd be competing for the first time! I figured I'd be a big girl and just do it by myself, but then I had some unexpected things happen... Stressful lawsuit stuff, we moved and then The Dude and I were rear ended about 2 weeks ago. No gym for me...Drs orders :nope: I have physical therapy 3xs a week. Thank God it wasn't too serious. No surgery or anything like that. I'm quite lucky, I just can't train. Needless to say no show for me in May. However, I do sorta have the bug now. Maybe once things calm down some (AND I can talk her back into it, lol) I would like to compete in the future. Yikes!!!

this is a great read.
Always wanted to try competing i was also shy about the whole stage thing.
Im at 220lbs and holding at 10% bf
would love to see my full potential but at 43yrs old not sure about the little g string.

I had my mind made up that I would NEVER EVER compete. Way too shy to step on stage. Yes, that's pretty much the only reason, lol... anyway, last year I met a girl at the gym who was physique size like me. It's rare to meet a girl with the same amount of size and love for this lifestyle. On top of that our men became good friends. She wanted to do her first show and SOMEHOW talked me into it. It would've been this coming May. She ended up having to have surgery and in addition had some other stressful things occur. She decided now would not be the best time to compete and backed out. That left me all alone AFTER I'd told all my friends I'd be competing for the first time! I figured I'd be a big girl and just do it by myself, but then I had some unexpected things happen... Stressful lawsuit stuff, we moved and then The Dude and I were rear ended about 2 weeks ago. No gym for me...Drs orders :nope: I have physical therapy 3xs a week. Thank God it wasn't too serious. No surgery or anything like that. I'm quite lucky, I just can't train. Needless to say no show for me in May. However, I do sorta have the bug now. Maybe once things calm down some (AND I can talk her back into it, lol) I would like to compete in the future. Yikes!!!
Well get better girl! I'm sure the dude would support you stepping on stage.. Hope you get back to the gym soon. :)

- - - Updated - - -

this is a great read.
would love to see my full potential but at 43yrs old not sure about the little g string.
You look great from your a I bro! 43 is still young in my book! Many guys compete at that age and much older! Man up and put that g string on. Haha

Well get better girl! I'm sure the dude would support you stepping on stage.. Hope you get back to the gym soon.
The Dude's awesome! As soon as I seriously started to show interest he really did encourage me to give it a shot. I'm very lucky to have him. And thank you DefMetal, I have a follow up Drs appt next week so I will be begging him to give me the ok. Keep your fingers crossed for me :) I look forward to following your progress. Good luck!!

The Dude's awesome! As soon as I seriously started to show interest he really did encourage me to give it a shot. I'm very lucky to have him. And thank you DefMetal, I have a follow up Drs appt next week so I will be begging him to give me the ok. Keep your fingers crossed for me :) I look forward to following your progress. Good luck!!
I will keep fingers crossed. Dr. Better say you can get back into the gym! :)

I will keep fingers crossed. Dr. Better say you can get back into the gym! :)

Amen... we haven't been to the gym together in several weeks and it really sucks. My workouts are suffering as is my enthusiasm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

this is a great read.

trust me bro nobody will be looking at that little nub you call a dick in your posing trunks , lmao get out there and do a show if you still have it! And I promise the judges won't deduct points from you if they notice the sock sticking out of the trunks , lmao.

On a serious note, you should do a show brutha if you have the itch! how tall are you? just curious what 220lbs at 10% looks like

Back