whos done the most for BB

Dan is a great one!! I've heard stories from some older bbers from his day that would blow people's mind!!! He was cutting edge for lack if a better term and smart as hell when it came to understanding chemicals and the effects on the human body!!

I can see how you would say Dave P. helped alot i guess he ushered in the internet age.

But you cant look past his fake GH selling...

I'm not sure either but I could careless. It doesn't change what he has done over the years for the sport.

Wow, MB, your passionate about this. I cant say that I know much about Palumbo except he should have turned pro but the politics and shit kept him from it. He got amazingly shredded for his size and would have done well in the pro ranks. Anymore than that, and Im clueless. I think you probably know more than anyone on here about the "ins and outs" of the sport itself. Im sure Chris, press and dude do also but you seem to know your politics and history for sure. Id love to learn more but time is always a bitch. Ive never been to a pro show and would love to go. Ive only ever been to a local show where I met kamali when he was an amatuer. He was VERY cocky and looked at me like I was less than nothing. We met a few times bc I went to school with his cousin but thats about it.
As for who has promoted the sport the best, maybe something could be said for Weider or Arnold bc of his Arnold Classic and raising the prize money. Without the shows, you hvae zero bodybuilders to speak of.
anyway, I like the thread, please bump

Wow, MB, your passionate about this. I cant say that I know much about Palumbo except he should have turned pro but the politics and shit kept him from it. He got amazingly shredded for his size and would have done well in the pro ranks. Anymore than that, and Im clueless. I think you probably know more than anyone on here about the "ins and outs" of the sport itself. Im sure Chris, press and dude do also but you seem to know your politics and history for sure. Id love to learn more but time is always a bitch. Ive never been to a pro show and would love to go. Ive only ever been to a local show where I met kamali when he was an amatuer. He was VERY cocky and looked at me like I was less than nothing. We met a few times bc I went to school with his cousin but thats about it.
As for who has promoted the sport the best, maybe something could be said for Weider or Arnold bc of his Arnold Classic and raising the prize money. Without the shows, you hvae zero bodybuilders to speak of.
anyway, I like the thread, please bump

Haha yeah I guess I am pretty passionate. I have been around the sport for 12 years and have been lucky enough to meet and train with some of the best bbers like victor Martinez, johnnie Jackson, branch, jay, quincy taylor, Kuklo, Dave, and even have had the previlage of calling a few of them good friends like Guy Cisternino. Most of them I got to know from expediting shows here in Texas. Between prejudging and the night I show I would be in charge of taking them to train and eat and whatever else they might need. Most of them have been really cool and down to Earth and openly shared their knowledge and experiences with me. I've never really mentioned it before because I didn't want to be one if those guys on the message boards who claim to know all of these famous bbers. I'm extremely lucky to have met these people and I have learned a lot from them not only about the sport but how to become successful in anything.

Now the next thread should be who has done the least for bodybuilding while benefiting the most, and its a toss up between the greedy magazines or the supplement companys who sell shit they know doesnt work!

Can't believe no one mentioned Joe Weider. There would be no bodybuilding without him. Although he would also fall into the greedy magazine/supplement category that Presser mentioned, because he definitely cashed in on bodybuilding.

Jim Manion, he's brought a new aspect to bodybuilding, but not sure that it's strictly for bodybuilding or just the NPC and fitness competition in general.

What about Weider? I think he did a lot to promote the sport

Can't believe no one mentioned Joe Weider. There would be no bodybuilding without him. Although he would also fall into the greedy magazine/supplement category that Presser mentioned, because he definitely cashed in on bodybuilding.

I totally didn't read your post until after I posted mine, I guess great minds think alike

Back