1. #1
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Igf1 and carb sensitivity

    I just ordered some IGF-1 from MC today. I was reading some of the articles on the front page and came across the newest one that states IGF prevents glucose from entering the cells. This seems to be contradictory information since I understood previously that it actually shuttled nutrients into the muscles.
    I am currently in the off season and taking in large amounts of carbs in an effort to grow. The last thing I need right now is to be less carb sensitive or insulin resistant.
    So im really confused. Should I wait until I知 in contest prep before using the IGF or is there something I知 missing? I was under the impression that I could use it in off season to grow but I need to remain carb sensitive to accommodate all the carbs I知 taking in. Any help would be appreciated.
     

  2. #2
    MuscleChemistry Registered Member Board Certified MD
    Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,676
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    2147487326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronPapa View Post
    I just ordered some IGF-1 from MC today. I was reading some of the articles on the front page and came across the newest one that states IGF prevents glucose from entering the cells. This seems to be contradictory information since I understood previously that it actually shuttled nutrients into the muscles.
    I am currently in the off season and taking in large amounts of carbs in an effort to grow. The last thing I need right now is to be less carb sensitive or insulin resistant.
    So im really confused. Should I wait until I知 in contest prep before using the IGF or is there something I知 missing? I was under the impression that I could use it in off season to grow but I need to remain carb sensitive to accommodate all the carbs I知 taking in. Any help would be appreciated.
    IGF is insulin like growth factor...
    It replaces or acts like insulin and then we are more sensitive to insulin.

    Igf has alot of cell slipping and creates new cells

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Just a grateful member!!

  3. #3
    MuscleChemistry Registered Member Board Certified MD
    Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,676
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    2147487326

    Default

    U will enjoy igf!!
    It helps insulin by acting like it.
    It's naturally produced in liver and released Thu out the day. Everytime hgh is released IGF made and released in liver.

    Adding igf gives more and way more except maybe on high dose of hgh...
    But IGF is great and has less sides than hgh
    Most if anabolic and growing affect of hgh is thru release of igf

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Just a grateful member!!

  4. #4
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Board Certified MD
    drtbear1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,749
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    150
    Rep Power
    2147488400

    Default

    Preach it MM.
    Likes Muscle mechanic liked this post
     
    Get It Done!

  5. #5
    MuscleChemistry Registered Member Board Certified MD
    Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,676
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    2147487326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drtbear1967 View Post
    Preach it MM.
    Lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Just a grateful member!!

  6. #6
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I guess someone has their wires crossed because there is a lot of conflicting info. One way to find out!
     

  7. #7
    MuscleChemistry Registered Member Board Certified MD
    Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,676
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    2147487326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronPapa View Post
    I guess someone has their wires crossed because there is a lot of conflicting info. One way to find out!
    Lol!!
    I have read info on studies most of it all here.
    Sure there were different findings in scenario's and circumstances

    Hgh affects glucose by causing Gluconeogenesis production in liver to avoid Hypo-Glycemia. This is reason hgh is taken during fast. IGF has been studied thru it's release with HGH.... HGH released always at a fast at highest levels even natty, presents of insulin blunts Hgh release natty!!! If one eats insulin present and so will be Somaslatin which inhibits hgh!!!
    Hgh is released during fasting periods thru gherilin signal from stomach. Highest release at night during sleep best not to eat before bed to avoid blunt from insulin present....
    When using hgh reason it's used during fast is to avoid excess glucose raised with Gluconeogenesis at same time.
    Without presents of insulin IGF is also manufactured in liver and acts as an insulin like growth factor!!!

    Igf administered on its own helps shuttle and anytime insulin can be replaced with igf our responce to insulin itself will be more sensitive!!! Too much insulin all the time floating around from high glucose levels causes resistance. It's like when we starving we smell food and want it. But when we full seeing food we push it away...
    It's also like eating same thing all the time and getting something different we want that different food. If i are chicken breast 2 meals well I will want that steak the 3rd meal!!
    I got this from top of my head. No wires crossed brother.
    If the thread here put link in this thread so I can read what is conflicting please!! Because it may be due to circumstances and actually not conflicting at all.

    I use hgh and igf I measure my own glucose with a diabetic finger prick device.
    I do not have elevated levels of glucose actually I am down to 80 1 hour after any meal.
    On my TRT labs, I am used of using hgh in morning every morning. Well I did them without using hgh and glucuse was 110...
    But other factors were going on from stopping t3 and t4 plus lowering gear during that 15 days before...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Just a grateful member!!

  8. #8
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well like I said, I’m going to go for it and we will see what happens. The conflicting info I read was this. In one article it stated “IGF1 prevents glucose from entering the muscle and therefore causes the body to use fat stores for energy.” Then another article said “IGF1 shuttles glucose and amino acids into muscle cells, thereby lowering blood glucose levels”. Two totally different statements.
    But I really don’t care how it works. I just want it to work! Lol
     

  9. #9
    MuscleChemistry Registered Member Board Certified MD
    Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,676
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    2147487326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronPapa View Post
    Well like I said, I知 going to go for it and we will see what happens. The conflicting info I read was this. In one article it stated 的GF1 prevents glucose from entering the muscle and therefore causes the body to use fat stores for energy. Then another article said 的GF1 shuttles glucose and amino acids into muscle cells, thereby lowering blood glucose levels. Two totally different statements.
    But I really don稚 care how it works. I just want it to work! Lol
    IGF does that while fasted especially.
    It may enter cells and prevent insulin from entering... it uses Gluconeogenesis by forcing fat as primary source of storage of glycogen to be used!!
    I think the statement meant glucose thru insulin instead.....
    Igf lowers glucose by causing Gluconeogenesis meaning body makes from storage... body will only make so much at time especially when IGF there in high levels to shuttle it...
    Therefore glucose is lower and chance of hypo-(low) blood sugar are possible if not giving self any food, carbs, etc...
    This part of metabolism increases fat storage to be used!! Same principle applies with use of hgh.. body manufactures glocogen rather than glucose.
    When we eat glucose available when we don't eat storage and liver converts to keep our blood sugar levels stable...
    Then the more IGF used and rate metabolism does this we are sensitive to insulin as it's affects wanted too...

    Too much glucose, high levels stores as fat... fat storage increased along with high levels equals insulin and too much of it.
    Too much insulin floating around all the time from high glucose equals type to diabetes or insulin resistance. Insulin is the bus needed to transport glucose to cells. Cells can't use glucose without bus bringing it to them..... IGF natural or self administered or thru hgh release it also works to shuttle or be a bus for not only glucose but amino acids and more anabolic factors...
    In studies people with type 2 diabetes and other metabolic syndromes, they all have lower hgh and igf serum levels natural then natural people in shape with out these developed issues...
    When cells are starving like in type 2 diabetes body stores fat around lived thinking it can be more effient at manufacturing thru Gluconeogenesis because body always has signal saying cells need glucose, but problem is insulin resistance. Body gets confused and needs primary source and becomes so catabolic it will then not be anabolic!!!

    Anyway I said alot off my head about functions I know body does maybe a few wrong wording used... but for most part I think I answered your concerns!!!

    Igf will lower glucose and create insulin sensitivity, yes indeed. It won't block glucose but instead use thru liver creating glycogen. During this time igf primary source. It's reaction time to cells is I forget how many hours once bound. But it's half life only important when it comes to protiens in body destroying it... in other words it doesn't have affect any longer just stays alive longer to have chance to bind to cells..

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Just a grateful member!!

  10. #10
    MuscleChemistry Registered Member Board Certified MD
    Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,676
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    2147487326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronPapa View Post
    Well like I said, I知 going to go for it and we will see what happens. The conflicting info I read was this. In one article it stated 的GF1 prevents glucose from entering the muscle and therefore causes the body to use fat stores for energy. Then another article said 的GF1 shuttles glucose and amino acids into muscle cells, thereby lowering blood glucose levels. Two totally different statements.
    But I really don稚 care how it works. I just want it to work! Lol
    The master @Presser is alot more educated than me on IGF maybe he do better than I did trying to explain!!

    Regardless u will enjoy MC IGF!!!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Just a grateful member!!

  11. #11
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I’ll be starting it as soon as it arrives. I hope it ships soon.
     

  12. #12
    MuscleChemistry Registered Member Board Certified MD
    Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,676
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    2147487326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronPapa View Post
    I値l be starting it as soon as it arrives. I hope it ships soon.
    Oh it will.
    Slight delays week of thanksgiving only thing in way. Sometimes life happens anywhere and it can affect anyone but it won't be long brother... I assure u!!

    Sit learn exactly plan once it lands...

    I use on and off IGF!! I had to figure out how it worked best for me and with pump it can be tricky but for growth it's slow and steady!!! And even better it's potential isn't over when u finished with a run by any means.. keep hitting weights and watch yourself grow in places u havent gotten to grow.

    With myself I been at training long time.
    At my age 43, I am seeing changes I couldn't get ever!!! It's not a sprint but a jog non stop, go slow go safe steady and out last to build more in long run!!!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Just a grateful member!!

  13. #13
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I’m with you brother. I’m 45 years old and been lifting for about 18 years. Me and my wife are doing our first show this coming May. We are trying to make the most of what’s left of this off season before we start prep. We’ve tried just about everything except IFG1 and GH. Can’t afford GH so we will add the IGF1 to our cycle and see what happens.
     

  14. #14
    MuscleChemistry Registered Member Board Certified MD
    Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,676
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    2147487326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronPapa View Post
    I知 with you brother. I知 45 years old and been lifting for about 18 years. Me and my wife are doing our first show this coming May. We are trying to make the most of what痴 left of this off season before we start prep. We致e tried just about everything except IFG1 and GH. Can稚 afford GH so we will add the IGF1 to our cycle and see what happens.
    Great u experienced and know what to expect out of things...
    U will like fullness and pump from IGF while on it!! The pump depends on how it's used.
    I am honest they say less can be used but I figure more also can be as affective being it's overtime... I use 60-80mcg split bilateral in muscles worked pre-workout with carbs..
    U can start at 40mcg.
    Your wife... I think 20-40mcg total?? Not 100% but ladies forum has answer.
    All info in sticky sections!!

    I use it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off or 1 month on 1 month off. And the rest or growth I see is size i keep months after not using IGF!! I am saving myself tendons had it. Growth requires doing what we never did before.. my tendons had enough of that but IGF has shown me success in New cells growing because people say wow your back and shoulders, that i am bigger than ever!!! And this bigger has been maintained and grown at low BF. I keep my bf low!!
    I am more comfortable but I use hgh too and it really helps with fat loss.
    They say IGF does too, I just hadn't used IGF long enough without hgh so I couldn't say how much... lol!

    But I love IGF and with hgh I can use Lower dose of hgh!!!

    I using at right time to get growth.
    After about 2 bottles I noticed size increase after months after using.
    I am on prolly my 5th bottle out of all in a couple years...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Just a grateful member!!

  15. #15
    MuscleChemistry Registered Member Board Certified MD
    Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,676
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    2147487326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muscle mechanic View Post
    Great u experienced and know what to expect out of things...
    U will like fullness and pump from IGF while on it!! The pump depends on how it's used.
    I am honest they say less can be used but I figure more also can be as affective being it's overtime... I use 60-80mcg split bilateral in muscles worked pre-workout with carbs..
    U can start at 40mcg.
    Your wife... I think 20-40mcg total?? Not 100% but ladies forum has answer.
    All info in sticky sections!!

    I use it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off or 1 month on 1 month off. And the rest or growth I see is size i keep months after not using IGF!! I am saving myself tendons had it. Growth requires doing what we never did before.. my tendons had enough of that but IGF has shown me success in New cells growing because people say wow your back and shoulders, that i am bigger than ever!!! And this bigger has been maintained and grown at low BF. I keep my bf low!!
    I am more comfortable but I use hgh too and it really helps with fat loss.
    They say IGF does too, I just hadn't used IGF long enough without hgh so I couldn't say how much... lol!

    But I love IGF and with hgh I can use Lower dose of hgh!!!

    I using at right time to get growth.
    After about 2 bottles I noticed size increase after months after using.
    I am on prolly my 5th bottle out of all in a couple years...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    But I go months without using any.
    Being I use at larger dose when i use it..

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Just a grateful member!!

  16. #16
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    10
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We plan to use 40mcg per day for me and 20mcg per day for my wife. If it seems to be working, we will likely order more and run it continuously until about 2 weeks before our contest in May.
    We are at a point where our gear is only of limited benefit so maybe this will help with that.
    Last edited by IronPapa; 11-20-2018 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Additional info
     

  17. #17
    MuscleChemistry Registered Member Board Certified MD
    Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,676
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    2147487326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronPapa View Post
    We plan to use 40mcg per day for me and 20mcg per day for my wife. If it seems to be working, we will likely order more and run it continuously until about 2 weeks before our contest in May.
    We are at a point where our gear is only of limited benefit so maybe this will help with that.
    Cruise time helps. I do lean bulk 10-12wks then 6 week cut and I can be ready for contest..
    Igf I have used for 4 nights straight at 40mcg sub tummy before bed after a bowl of shredded wheat I use for fiber.

    These 4 days of IGF at night will change u or make a difference in bf%. It's helps me knock down another 1% when I am getting below 7%.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Just a grateful member!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in